Simple. Use the 30 Seconds to highlight a feature that no other phone currently has.
    02-04-13 10:41 AM
    Simple. Use the 30 Seconds to highlight a feature that no other phone currently has.
    Boring. Then this site would be full of "by my phone CAN do that" "thats the best BB has to offer?" "Its a SuperBowl commercial, this is boring" "Yawn, didnt stand out"
    The SuperBowl isnt the avenue for those type of commercials.
    02-04-13 10:47 AM
    ...and then people complain that it's boring.
    02-04-13 10:48 AM
    There's an aspect to discussion of social issues (behaviour on the internet being one of them) that kind-of gives a "pass" to the behaviour because of some "it's human nature" rationalization.

Compare it to "looting". When there is a big gathering of people, within the crowd, there may be people who are inclined to INSTIGATE looting / setting cars on fire / other generally bad behaviour.

99.9 percent of the people are just "there", observing. There are a handful of people who are taking advantage of the crowd to do the bad things they want to do under cover of the crowd / anonymity, and the fact that law enforcement is spread too thin to be everywhere at once.

Now, the behaviour of these bad people is NOT OK, especially not when they cover their faces (i.e. THEY CAME PREPARED TO HIDE THEIR IDENTITY) which only underscores that they PLANNED to misbehave under cover of the innocent crowd.

This is what is really going on here. People who think they can anonymously cause trouble, who don't believe they need to behave because they're anonymous or the mods are spread too thin to call it out.

Well, I salute the OP of this thread, but unfortunately, it's just one of many such threads (and when I posted a similar one under "site suggestions", only suggesting that whining be shunted to a "whiners" forum, the MODS RIDICULED ME, so sometimes it's not only the posters that are the problem... but there I go digressing again.) which shows that there are plenty of people who are fed up, but as "members" our only recourse is, well, to accept the general tone of the forums, or find another BB fan site to participate in.

Yeah, it's the internet, but there are a lot of high-profile highly-respected posters who have abandoned CrackBerry.com for greener pastures because of exactly what the OP is talking about. It's a shame, because they were by and large huge assets to this community, but now they spend their time elsewhere.

If the management ("Mobile Nations") doesn't change their policies, the site will become the lowest common denominator, and just like the ratings for Star Trek, I think that Mobile Nations will find that even though page views may increase or stay stable, their revenues will decline, because the demographic you will be limited to will not be a very profitable one.

I'm not a professional Discussion Forum moderator or site owner. I don't have a financial stake in Mobile Nations. Those that DO should maybe try harder to lift the tone... unfortunately, as we've seen, leading by example is absolutely positively not enough. The leadership and mods on CrackBerry.com constantly maintain a very high-class tone... but there is too much leeway given to masked Molotov-cocktail throwing "bandits"... whether you call them "trolls" or just "disgruntled BB fans", the result is the same.
    02-04-13 11:17 AM
    I love my 9900, I love my PlayBook, I love what I felt when I had a demo on the Z10 and don't even get me started on the upcoming Q10. I also love Crackberry, the forums and everyone involved in them. Life is so wonderful and I am so happy. Should I leave?
    02-04-13 11:33 AM
    tl;dr

Viva la BlackBerry!

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    02-04-13 12:12 PM
    I would suggest that we do like the chap in the commercial, if you get flamed, brush it off and keep moving.
    Rise above it.
    BBMak likes this.
    02-04-13 12:41 PM
    I thought it was a neat commercial, but I really think that if BlackBerry could have used it to announce that the new phone was available today it would have really sparked a firestorm of interest and consumers rushing to stores. That would have been a really neat surprise.

I think back to when Monster.com bet its entire yearly net profit on a commercial years ago in the SuperBowl, and how successful it was because people just decided to log on and give Monster.com a look. That company was never the same and instantly became a marketing success story.

BlackBerry's problem here is in having interest buzzed up among consumers that will, unfortunately, remain stagnant for another month or longer as the phone is not yet available in the US.

Most consumers, particularly those who are at the end of their contract this month, won't wait, or can't wait. I've made another post in this forum about a similar situation I have, and how hard it is that this release is delayed. Maybe longer than I can deal with, unfortunately.
    02-04-13 01:14 PM
    I love my 9900, I love my PlayBook, I love what I felt when I had a demo on the Z10 and don't even get me started on the upcoming Q10. I also love Crackberry, the forums and everyone involved in them. Life is so wonderful and I am so happy. Should I leave?
    No, hope you stay Ned Flanders!
    02-04-13 02:02 PM
    No, hope you stay Ned Flanders!
    Doh!!
    02-04-13 02:07 PM
85 ... 234