I have been a Blackberry owner since the storm, I bought the Playbook first week it came out and am using my 9900 as some of the buttons are literally falling off. I have browsed these forums though excitement and disappointment and tried my best to hang in there, till I could finally get my hands on what I have been waiting for. I have spent hours and hours on this site and have never seen the wide range of nonsense that has turned this place into a bunch of toddlers kicking and screaming because they do not get their way. The forums as of lately have been FILLED with people crying foul over the US release date in numerous posts and even in posts that had NOTHING to do with that subject. Now the Superbowl commercial comes out and people are complaining once again. Saying "Oh the non official commercial showed off the Z10 better" WELL OF COURSE IT DID IT WAS OVER 3 TIMES LONGER!!!

Believe me I know this is the internet. The land where everyone could do a better job than everybody else. Where the average Crackberry forum member suddenly turns into a marketing genius, where a mechanic can be a financial analyst and everyone could be a better CEO and run a billion dollar corporation. It's getting ridiculous. When I log onto the forums now I half expect to hear "Like sands through the hourglass.... So are the days of our lives" there is so much drama on here.

I think a lot of you have really missed the whole point here. Blackberry has a new phone...... even if you have to wait one month to get it........ its not a dream anymore. Our team is not in the superbowl yet, but we have a great new quarterback. You can all be arm chair coaches and think could could do a better job but we all know how annoying that is. Or you could just root for your team.
    02-03-13 08:23 PM
    Truth. People think up something amazing in their heads, suited to them, then complain when they dont get exactly that.

The commercial wasnt to show off features, that doesnt mean no commercials will, they are coming! Why cant people see that?

BlackBerry would be better off not doing anything, because BlackBerry users are proving to be very negative.
    There are some legit issues that require discussion, this commercial isnt one of them.
    jakie55 and QuickDime like this.
    02-03-13 08:25 PM
    The unofficial "ad" wasn't an ad for Z10, it was more of a story about the company. It had a long script which wouldn't have grabbed people's attention when they're watching football. I know if I'm watching hockey, I wouldn't watch that commercial for sure.
    02-03-13 08:29 PM
    There are 2 types of viewpoints at each end. There are rational posts praising the device, and there are also blind ignorant rabid fanboy posts.
    There are rational posts criticizing the device, and there are also malicious ignorant troll posts.

The problem is that there are quite a few people who can't tell the difference, or don't care to, or just generally enjoy posting nonsense from safely behind the Internet where they know a backhand can't come find its way to them :P
    02-03-13 08:30 PM
    This place does get tiresome at times, with every little thing blackberry does getting picked apart as if the fate of the world depends on it. I just try my best to ignore all the noise and stuff that doesn't matter to me and look forward to Tuesday so I could decide for myself if it was worth the wait.
    02-03-13 08:32 PM
    My favorite part is the people complaining that it doesn't show anything.
    That is the whole point! haha. They say they don't have enough time to show everything, so they show nothing (i.e. what it cant do).
    People need to understand this is the start. There is much more advertising to come. If this showed some features like the camera and hub, in 30 seconds, it would be just another ad, it wouldn't stand out, it wouldn't get a mention. Those ads, with that purpose in mind, are coming.
    02-03-13 08:35 PM
    Can't agree more, if you can show all of the new Blackberry features in 30 seconds....then I think the phone deserves to fail.
    02-03-13 08:40 PM
    people are voicing their opinions on the product

if BlackBerry wants to succeed they should do more listening to the people on these forums you are criticizing

if people followed what you are preaching here in this thread BlackBerry will go bankrupt
    richardat likes this.
    02-03-13 08:53 PM
    this is just like the launching... ok.. the launching IS bad.

but the point is... as it says, it shows 'what it CAN'T do'. there won't be enough time to show everything...
    have you guys view the promotional video on BlackBerry Z10 Experience ? logged on using your fb account and you'd be amazed....
    now after the attention was grabbed, people will definitely search the internet for the blackberry comeback and this website is what they will find... and they will see the 'what it CAN do'.
    the continuity of the ad is what matter most.

and this website is what it's all about.
    02-03-13 08:55 PM
    Last time I checked, this was a "discussion" forum. People are actually allowed to have and express an opinion. They are also allowed to *****, moan, cry, laugh and express love. Crackberry actually makes more money the more people do come here to do all the above.

What a boring world it would be if the select few are allowed an opinion and no-one else was allowed to comment!

An often used term or phrase here is "if you don't like it, leave". I'd hate to imagine if that were applied to everyone. There'd be plenty of rainbows and unicorns here, and no-one left to witness it.

My 2c.
    02-03-13 09:05 PM

if BlackBerry wants to succeed they should do more listening to the people on these forums you are criticizing

if people followed what you are preaching here in this thread BlackBerry will go bankrupt
    While I agree that they have to listen to their critics, it also implies that their critics are the ones who purchased and at very least given it a fair go...9 out of every 10 negative comments have come from people that have only seen pictures of them. They are commenting on speculation and their confusion over what appears a lack of (appropriately) of information, ie. BIS. Hopefully we can learn more soon, give the BB10 an honest try and provide constructive feedback.
    pcguy514 and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    02-03-13 09:10 PM

Ahhhhhhh ok silly me!! I get it. I am gonna write this in my memo's "If you want something to succeed the best way to go about it is to complain all over the internet because you have to wait longer for it then other people" PERFECT.

The warped thing is how these people think they are HELPING Blackberry lol. Yes, constantly posting how blackberry failed you and how you could do a better job would make anyone on the fence really decide blackberry is the right option.

people are spouting crap to get a reaction for the most part, because they know the faithful are stretched thin and are very easy to get a rise out of.

how on earth could common decency and relevant conversation do anything about BBRY's finances?
    Sure people are allowed to express their opinions. I think a few folks ought to put their money where their big mouths are and send their own legendary marketing plans to Thorsten along with their long list of legendary marketing accomplishments. ;-)
    02-03-13 09:12 PM
    Yes, but some of it is just too much. Like comparing this ad to the non-official one, etc.
    Like people have the right to complain, people have the right to point out the poor basis for some complaints.
    There are many issues with BlackBerry right now to be discussed, but there are plenty of complaints about things that are trivial, or just misunderstood.
    02-03-13 09:12 PM
    Blah blah blah. That ad sucked and Blackberry could have done way better.
    02-03-13 09:14 PM
    I thought that ad sucked and felt Blackberry could have done way better.
    Fixed that for ya.What makes your opinion more valid than someone who liked the ad?
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    02-03-13 09:15 PM
    Couldn't agree more. This place is filled with whining, ungrateful crybabies.
    02-03-13 09:19 PM
    [QUOTE=RubberChicken76;7930006]Fixed that for ya.What makes your opinion more valid than someone who liked the I would guess that most people would understand that it is my opinion. Unless you were under the assumption that I speak for everyone here. Your attempt at cleverness sucked (another opinion of mine, feel free to correct if you like).
    02-03-13 09:20 PM
    My favorite part is the people complaining that it doesn't show anything.
    That is the whole point! haha. They say they don't have enough time to show everything, so they show nothing (i.e. what it cant do).
    People need to understand this is the start. There is much more advertising to come. If this showed some features like the camera and hub, in 30 seconds, it would be just another ad, it wouldn't stand out, it wouldn't get a mention. Those ads, with that purpose in mind, are coming.
    Well, I personally think this was a very ineffectual start. It opted for cutesie images, rather than something that will make people think "BLACKBERRY IS BACK." That is the one single thing this needed to do. Instead we get elephant legs, puffs of colored powder, flames and ducks.

Which one of those things makes you think "BLACKBERRY"? Which one of those would make ANY potential customer say "wow, I really need to check that Blackberry out."

Whether the OP thinks people are too negative about this ad or not is totally irrelevant. Whether or not this is an effective ad is what matters, and I find it hard to believe this influenced much of anyone. Why? Because it didn't TRY. It was a simple tease--one on that is not at all unique as I see it.

So you REALLY think "we don't have enough time to show you how great this is" is effective in 2013? I think it is anything but. We are living in an age where people are accustomed to and expect information.

Add in the fact that a US Customer can't even go to ANY of their carriers and get reliable or informed information at this point and this is looking like a flop.

AND, that is about the worst case I can imagine, and I wish it were anything BUT that.

People are on a short fuse, BECAUSE they know there is a narrow window of opportunity, and that Blackberry is fighting an uphill battle. They NEED to be scoring on efforts like this, not getting a "Meh" response...or worse. They needed to hit one out of the park, and make it memorable. My view is that this ad failed to even come close.

KAM
    02-03-13 09:22 PM
    I believe the commercial was meant to leave people going.."huh? I need to go look that up and see what BB is doing."
    02-03-13 09:27 PM
    [QUOTE=donnation;7930034]
    would guess that most people would understand that it is my opinion. Unless you were under the assumption that I speak for everyone here. Your attempt at cleverness sucked (another opinion of mine, feel free to correct if you like).
    Wasn't attempting to be clever. Just pointing out a common issue here ... and the cause of many fights.

You didn't like it. You don't speak for everyone.

(And for the record, I didn't like it either. But I get it if they were trying to show that BlackBerry is in business vs. trying to do a bunch of detailed product ads in a 30 second spot).
    02-03-13 09:28 PM
    1. Sometimes I feel the same way as OP.
    2. If the market blindly support whatever decision RIM made, BBRY would still be RIM and they would still have 2 CEOs.
    3. The commercial can be considered as a OK one if you pay close attention to it. But if it's a half-time commercial, it lacks the quality to grab everybody's attention and emphasize on anything.
    4. 30sec is not enough to show features... BUT BlackBerry logo deserves at least 25 seconds of airtime. Message of "we are back" should be in the center stage too.
    5. It's not like I am smarter than Frank the CMO or anything like that, but sometimes answers lies in plain sight (like the idea of touch screen is the future) and Crackberrians just hate to see BBRY miss out again.... Yeah, some guys complain because they CARE.
    02-03-13 09:29 PM
    Here's a challenge for you armchair marketing managers:

Put together three 30 second marketing spots, covering the following:

1. Ad A - shows that BlackBerry the company is alive and ready to do business;

2. Ad B - shows off the benefits of the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

3. Ad c - Talks about the benefits of the Z10

The ads can be no more than 30 seconds long.

Go ...
    02-03-13 09:30 PM
    Well I think the ad agencies are really missing out on all the talent that can be found on Crackberry.
    02-03-13 09:31 PM
85 123 ...