Very nice looking concept, honestly it is a very sexxxy phone.

Concept: BlackBerry touchscreen device, powered by Windows Phone 8 | MobileSyrup.com
    yanicmb and jkomo001 like this.
    07-12-12 01:26 PM
    I quite like the styling on the back...but the dimensions on the phone are weird! What is that aspect ratio?! Looks really squat.
    07-12-12 01:33 PM
    I quite like the styling on the back...but the dimensions on the phone are weird! What is that aspect ratio?! Looks really squat.
    I was about to type the same. That back is badass but the device looks
    a little stubby. Could be the image though.
    07-12-12 01:42 PM
    Looks good to me.

Tim
    07-12-12 01:44 PM
    Not a fan of the hardware design, it feels.... a little over complicated? Just my personal opinion. But i do kinda like Metro UI.
    07-12-12 02:07 PM
    Looks pretty cool but short. The part around the lens looks a bit like the 9000.
    07-12-12 02:18 PM
    Looks good. Rather bb10:P
    jkomo001 likes this.
    07-12-12 02:34 PM
    wow - It's crap. The last thing i want is anything Microsoft touching my BB. I sure hope this is a joke.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 until my kick a$$ BB10 is released ! I'm stickin with RIM til one of us dies.
    07-12-12 02:44 PM
    wow - It's crap. The last thing i want is anything Microsoft touching my BB. I sure hope this is a joke.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 until my kick a$$ BB10 is released ! I'm stickin with RIM til one of us dies.
    Did you not read the title of the thread. It clearly says Concept BlackBerry device.

I think the design is really nice, but it needs to lose some width. It is way too wide.
    yanicmb likes this.
    07-12-12 02:54 PM
    07-12-12 02:58 PM
    Looks nice but why does it have to be windows??? Oh and imagine if on the back it had black chrome for the BB symbol!
    07-12-12 03:07 PM
    Is it crap because you despise all things MS, or because you actually think Metro/Win 8 is crap?
    07-12-12 03:07 PM
    I much prefer this..

Not as wide. It looks more slim and understated. The WP/BB concept looks like a Bold 99xx, which is fine for a qwerty..but not all touch IMO.
    rjshahan and zar1964 like this.
    07-12-12 03:14 PM
    I much prefer this..

Click to view quoted image

Not as wide. It looks more slim and understated. The WP/BB concept looks like a Bold 99xx, which is fine for a qwerty..but not all touch IMO.
    See, this one to me has way too much wasted space.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-12-12 03:27 PM
    I actually like the wider phones myself. I like the design, but not big on Windows. Rather have BB10 on this, granted it reflects a lot of the same tiles and whatnot.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    jkomo001 likes this.
    07-12-12 04:17 PM
    Win 8/Metro is going to be crap. It's just part of the Microsoft curse. It'll go the way of Vista, Millenium, Windows 98 (Initial release, not SE). They fail every other time they try to update their flagship OS because they don't really do anything innovative, just break legacy compatibility in favour of a UI refresh.

I think Metro is ugly and BB10's Cascades-based UI will make it look even worse in comparison. The fact that they've ditched the 3D effects and gone with flat and featureless just looks bad. They should have called it 'Retro' instead of 'Metro'.

This isn't even talking about the soon-to-be failure that is the Surface. MS doesn't have a stellar track record when it comes to hardware. Anyone remember the Zune?

Windows 7 will probably be the last truly successful Microsoft OS and I'll be happy to see the Evil Empire replaced by the Evil Rimpire.
    07-12-12 04:29 PM
    That looks like an ugly Samsung mashed together with an HP phone design. BlackBerry 10 should exude a form of super power status symbolic or men and women of purpose.

Technology has come a long way. BlackBerry will release the latest hardware specs + design.
    07-12-12 04:35 PM
    Win 8/Metro is going to be crap. It's just part of the Microsoft curse. It'll go the way of Vista, Millenium, Windows 98 (Initial release, not SE). They fail every other time they try to update their flagship OS because they don't really do anything innovative, just break legacy compatibility in favour of a UI refresh.

I think Metro is ugly and BB10's Cascades-based UI will make it look even worse in comparison. The fact that they've ditched the 3D effects and gone with flat and featureless just looks bad. They should have called it 'Retro' instead of 'Metro'.

This isn't even talking about the soon-to-be failure that is the Surface. MS doesn't have a stellar track record when it comes to hardware. Anyone remember the Zune?

Windows 7 will probably be the last truly successful Microsoft OS and I'll be happy to see the Evil Empire replaced by the Evil Rimpire.
    Are you trying to say RIM is going to take over the desktop space?
    07-12-12 04:38 PM
    LMAO. Got to remember Microsoft was heavily into the construction industry with

Windows CE
    Windows ME
    Windows NT

Appropriately, they went down like a block of concrete
    07-12-12 04:38 PM

All I could come up with after reading this was lol
    waker likes this.
    07-12-12 04:44 PM
    It's nice looking.
    I'd like it more if it was slightly less wide.
    Not too mug, but just a tiny bit less lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-12-12 04:52 PM
    Are you trying to say RIM is going to take over the desktop space?
    Not really. The desktop space is slowly dying anyways. This will just be the last gasp.

Windows 7 could keep them afloat for another 5 years or so while they try to reinvent Metro, but they'll likely fail to adapt as the paradigm moves from desktop computing to pure mobile computing.

Also, with MS bringing their own tablet to market, this will be the first time QNX and MS will go head to head with a flagship consumer product. Considering the recent html5 benchmarks showing how far RIM has come preparing their browser to be a workhorse, my money is on RIM.
    07-12-12 04:55 PM
    Not really. The desktop space is slowly dying anyways. This will just be the last gasp.
    Understood. I don't think the "desktop space" is dying, but I think that desktop hardware will eventually. I believe there will be one device, your smartphone, that docks to the desktop (basically a larger monitor that unlocks features thatcan be used on a bigger screen) and undocks when you go mobile.

So essentially, the desktop is still there but very different.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-12-12 05:07 PM
    lol, PC's are never going to go anywhere.
    waker likes this.
    07-12-12 05:30 PM
    Understood. I don't think the "desktop space" is dying, but I think that desktop hardware will eventually. I believe there will be one device, your smartphone, that docks to the desktop (basically a larger monitor that unlocks features thatcan be used on a bigger screen) and undocks when you go mobile.

So essentially, the desktop is still there but very different.
    Well yeah. I didn't meant to imply that the 'desktop' was going to die, just that the desktop pc is going to fall by the wayside.

As for the 'pc' not going anywhere, I think the days of the grey box are long over, but the mobile pc era is really just kicking off.
    07-12-12 05:41 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD