So I'm just curious. I've been following several companies that I like. And when I say following, I mean quite closely, both in terms of products and of strategies.
    And you guys obviously are - for the most part - following what's going on with BlackBerry.
    You probably developed some ideas about what Chen should be doing and have a good understanding of the smartphone / enterprise markets.
    You know the company, its values, its weaknesses and some of you must be thinking that you are in a good position to work for this company in your own field of expertise should it be in development, marketing, communication, finances... After all, you are constantly using this device which has become an extension of your hands... It's a part of your life. Unlike other candidates, you actually KNOW what you are talking about. Don't you feel that you can bring your knowledge to make this company even better ?

So again I'm just curious
    How many of you have thought about working for BlackBerry ?
    Are you constantly watching their job board ?
    And how many of you actually submitted a curriculum vitae ?
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    10-07-14 06:04 PM
    Ive checked qnx hiring locations in the us and seem only to be in Detroit last I checked. Im a software developer since I was 13. Working on basic before it was ever visual. Made my first game on windows 95 and moved on from there. I have a full understanding of automotive technology. Data bus communications and so fourth. I'm also a hardware developer. I designed and built an audio system using the playbook as a radio on a 2004 audi A6. I know how sha algorithms work, hashes, keys and so fourth. But there's no blackberry offices around me in NJ. I would have loved working for them and showing them a thing or two with ideas.

Posted via CB10
    rocker_man1 likes this.
    10-07-14 06:13 PM
    I would love to work for BlackBerry!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    lift likes this.
    10-07-14 06:15 PM
    No, but that's only because I'd be required to wear pants.
    10-07-14 06:15 PM
    I feel like I already do work for the marketing department.
    10-07-14 06:18 PM
    I would work in their real estate division once they get moving again (pun)

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    10-07-14 06:28 PM
    yes indeed i would.

From my ? phone
    10-07-14 06:34 PM
    I'm trying to get my coop there

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:48 PM
    Yes, but I'm not a techie. LOL! I'm a Paralegal. But did work in Marketing for 5 years through college. That's where I would love to go. They need me they just don't know it. LOL!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 06:51 PM
    You bet. Accounting, finance, operations, sales, management, compliance, audit, etc. Done all the above and more and would be happy to work for them.
    10-07-14 07:17 PM
    Probably be interesting, as long as I don't get paid in stock. If this Passport and Classic don't make the shareholders some money, how could they possibly stay in the hand set business. Even with all the buzz with the Passport the stock is diving.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:26 PM
    I'd love to work there, but I don't have any experience in developing. I'm really good with computers and stuff, but not in coding. I'd love to be a rep, or work in some sort of supervisor role, or testing.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 07:41 PM
    I would totally love for BlackBerry BUT there are a number of barriers for this:

1) I'd have to quit my current job. While the job isn't the important part, I'm 12 years away from pension and I'm only 31 y/o right now.
    2) I don't think that my skillsets are the right ones that the company employs currently. I'm not into the IT world nor programming, etc. So finding a position would be tough.
    3) I'd have to pack up and leave my current city (Kingston, Ontario). For those who have never been here this place rocks.

Maybe one day, i do have a look at their postings and am following their jobs channel but really just out of interest more than anything at this point.
    shaleem likes this.
    10-07-14 07:42 PM
    Would love to, if I was into having a job.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-07-14 08:04 PM
    I feel like I already do work for the marketing department.
    I see what you're doing there

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    10-07-14 08:05 PM
    I do inhouse tech support. I think those positions are generally a little harder to come by since those folks never leave. I would love to be with the BlackBerry team, but they are not located close by. Family comes first, so I'll just dream for now.
    10-07-14 08:14 PM
    Yes I would and right now I would like to take care of their logistics

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:14 PM
    I would love to work for BlackBerry but I have no related education =(

Be proud - BlackBerry by Choice
    10-07-14 08:47 PM
    I would totally love for BlackBerry BUT there are a number of barriers for this:

1) I'd have to quit my current job. While the job isn't the important part, I'm 12 years away from pension and I'm only 31 y/o right now.
    2) I don't think that my skillsets are the right ones that the company employs currently. I'm not into the IT world nor programming, etc. So finding a position would be tough.
    3) I'd have to pack up and leave my current city (Kingston, Ontario). For those who have never been here this place rocks.

Maybe one day, i do have a look at their postings and am following their jobs channel but really just out of interest more than anything at this point.
    CF? I'm also in Kingston (ex - military). Kingston is a beautiful city. Originally from PEI.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 08:56 PM
    I'd love to work of BlackBerry, but I'm a political science major, and I don't think that would get me very far with a company like BlackBerry.

Also, I live in Los Angeles, and that's a long way from Waterloo, Ontario, and I think the Canadian cold would be the end of me.
    10-07-14 10:12 PM
    Are you kidding? I'd move to waterloo and accept the job tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    shaleem and lift like this.
    10-07-14 10:25 PM
    Without a doubt!
    10-07-14 10:33 PM
    My background is in Electrical Engineering, but I sold out to the world of Patents a long time ago. Even if I were to ever get a job there, it wouldn't be doing any of the fun stuff.

Oh,.. I should also note that I was rejected from by UW when I applied in a desperate attempt to follow my HS gf (now wife) there (She did get into the Chem Eng program--hated it, switched to science). Still spent many f*ing cold winter days visiting her there and driving past the RIM buildings way before BlackBerry was BlackBerry.

So yeah... I'm too dumb and it's too cold up there. So I have to settle for volunteering for CrackBerry instead.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 10:43 PM
    Probably be interesting, as long as I don't get paid in stock. If this Passport and Classic don't make the shareholders some money, how could they possibly stay in the hand set business. Even with all the buzz with the Passport the stock is diving.

Posted via CB10
    Good thing he company's stock isn't tied to just the handset business and they are diversified. On the same note if the new phones sell like wildfire it doesn't necessarily mean the stock price will increase dramatically either.

Although I wouldn't want to be paid in all stocks, again there is benefit in diversifying, if I were BlackBerry I would be hesitant hiring someone who wouldn't see value in the stock of the company. To me it would be a red flag the person doesn't believe whole heartedly in the company and its future.
    10-07-14 11:05 PM
    Wow, I see. Quire a few people would actually be willing to work for BlackBerry.

Though it looks like not many of you actually sent a resum�
    10-08-14 12:50 AM
58 123