So apparently the a10 or whatever it's called will not have a removable battery. My question is, would you trust it? I have had several instances where the only way I could reboot the phone was a battery pull. Bb says you can hold down the top button and it will turn off. -- that hasn't worked for me once.

My z10 just totally locked up again. I tried everything but a battery pull was the only thing I could do to reset it.

So for me, if I can't pull a battery then I am not buying a bb10 phone.

What do you guys think?
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    07-23-13 05:54 PM
    I would have said no before I got my PlayBook and then Z10. I have never required a battery pull on either of them.

I would still always prefer a removable battery but with my Z10 I can finally see why some phones don't actually bother.

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    07-23-13 06:16 PM
    So apparently the a10 or whatever it's called will not have a removable battery. My question is, would you trust it? I have had several instances where the only way I could reboot the phone was a battery pull. Bb says you can hold down the top button and it will turn off. -- that hasn't worked for me once.

My z10 just totally locked up again. I tried everything but a battery pull was the only thing I could do to reset it.

So for me, if I can't pull a battery then I am not buying a bb10 phone.

What do you guys think?
    I prefer the removable battery as well, it's a nice feature that I actually like. I have a spare battery and charger and like the peace of mind in knowing that if the need arises I can swap out the battery and be back at full charge in about a minute.

Having said that, the new BB10 phones are like Android and Apple. You can do a hard reset without pulling the battery, search the forums. Bricked BB10 phones can be restored using BlackBerry Link where you reload the OS software, for example.
    07-23-13 06:18 PM
    Yes

I removed battery once. Have heard it not good. PlayBook didn't have a removable battery. Lots of premium device don't have removable batteries

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 06:21 PM
    There is one more consideration. If you are not planning to upgrade your phone frequently, you are better off getting one with a removable battery.

Batteries tend to die (capacity decreases) over time. Theoretically, a regular Li-Po battery will only have approximately 70-80% of the original battery capacity left after one year of use. However, realistically if you tend to use your phone a lot or subject it to high/low temperatures and tend to discharge it quite a bit, you'll only have about 40-60% of the original capacity left.
    07-23-13 06:25 PM
    I think with how smooth I keep hearing 10.2 is the battery pull will truly be a thing of the past. Although, if you haven't tried already, I believe the power and +volume key together is the actual way to reset the device without pulling the battery. I have had this Q10 for a couple months now without it ever freezing. Future updates may guarantee that stays that way. So A10 without removable battery? The only thing bad about it is if you need to go a whole day of use and then some without ever being near a charging source or you are a super power user that can kill a 2200mAH battery in a few hours. Then you would have to spend some extra dough on portable charging or extended battery cases.
    07-23-13 06:35 PM
    After 9700 and 9780, all bb batteries is suck
    nah.uhh likes this.
    07-23-13 06:36 PM
    I would trust it. I'm a PB owner and have not had any problems so bad I wanted a battery pull. I also own a Z10 and it has not required one either.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 09:15 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-23-13 09:18 PM
    Of course I would. What's not to trust?

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-24-13 10:10 PM
    Yes, of course I would.
    07-24-13 10:16 PM
    I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. It's not ideal, but one way or another the battery can be removed by taking the device apart
    07-24-13 10:29 PM
    I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. It's not ideal, but one way or another the battery can be removed by taking the device apart
    Yes but on devices with non-removable batteries that usually will constitute voiding the warranty
    07-24-13 10:47 PM
    Yes but on devices with non-removable batteries that usually will constitute voiding the warranty
    Act like you've never removed that little white sticker
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 07-25-13 at 05:05 PM.
    07-24-13 11:11 PM
    Sure, I don't remember a point where I've had to pull the battery out of either my Z10 or Q10 yet. The other reboot procedures have always worked.
    thekidshop likes this.
    07-24-13 11:23 PM
    In a word, yes.
    07-24-13 11:27 PM
    I've had my Z10 since the first day of U.S. availability on AT&T and I've yet to even remove the battery door since first putting the battery in the device from the box. Also being a PlayBook owner, I can say that any QNX-based BlackBerry product can be trusted to have a non-removable battery door.

I initially thought the question was in regards to battery life, in which case I'd be a bit more skeptical. If the battery life on the A10 is better than it is on my Z10, than a non-removable battery does it for me, as a battery swap wouldn't be necessary.
    07-24-13 11:32 PM
    Considering most mobiles on the market are sealed these days. I guess you will eventually have no choice so it will actually become a mute point.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 11:49 PM
    Considering most mobiles on the market are sealed these days. I guess you will eventually have no choice so it will actually become a mute point.

Posted via CB10
    It's a "moot point"
    07-24-13 11:53 PM
    A Blackberry without a battery pull is just not a Blackberry. I love the battery pull. It solves a multitude of problems.
    07-25-13 12:00 AM
    No. I've had to replace batteries in many devices going back over the last decade in cells from Kyocera to Samsung A610, the Chocolate Phone, and Berries. I use them hard, I charge them a lot, and I consider a battery a consumable, not integrated hardware. IF they MUST hardwire, PLEASE for the LOVE OF SANITY make it SCREWED IN NOT SOLDIERED!
    bekkay likes this.
    07-25-13 12:23 AM
    I would trust.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 01:47 AM
    The removable battery is a security feature too. Why?

Because turning off your phone and removing the battery ensures absolute privacy

Posted via CB10
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    07-25-13 02:08 AM
    Z10 owner and PlayBook owner and my answer is no.
    I've had to battery pull my z10 and I and others have had to allow the PlayBook to run out of battery completely before we could use it again on occasion

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 04:55 AM
    There is one more consideration. If you are not planning to upgrade your phone frequently, you are better off getting one with a removable battery.

Batteries tend to die (capacity decreases) over time. Theoretically, a regular Li-Po battery will only have approximately 70-80% of the original battery capacity left after one year of use. However, realistically if you tend to use your phone a lot or subject it to high/low temperatures and tend to discharge it quite a bit, you'll only have about 40-60% of the original capacity left.
    I agree. My question is why they decided to go with a non removable battery in the first place; what assets does it give you over a removable one? Having a removable battery has been one of the perks of having a BlackBerry over other phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 05:00 AM
73 123