Most of the time I'm fine with all my Internet use being on a phone. So when I have to switch back to my droid tablet, I must fight the urge to smash itinto little pieces and bury it in the yard. Same thing when I'm on my imac. Sometimes I just want to kick through that beautiful 24 inch display with work boots.

Linux is actually my favorite os, but like blackberry, it lacks some serious features to make people want to dive in100%

Sent from my GT-P3113 using CB Forums mobile app
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    01-26-14 10:56 PM
    No I wouldn't BlackBerry can't even get BBM right what makes you think they can make a desktop

Posted via CB10
    bekkay, Q10Bold, Boodrew and 3 others like this.
    01-26-14 11:07 PM
    seems good as long as i don't have to pull out battery, or in this case, plug out, in order to make my internet work properly
    Shadowyugi and vivsrulz like this.
    01-26-14 11:08 PM
    seems good as long as i don't have to pull out battery, or in this case, plug out, in order to make my internet work properly
    Get a BB10 so you don't have to battery pull

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz, Loc22 and Bor Navas like this.
    01-26-14 11:12 PM
    Get a BB10 so you don't have to battery pull

Posted via CB10
    they are still so expensive . q5 is ~320$ in market.
    tried one, and liked it, but its way too expensive
    01-26-14 11:20 PM
    What I would really like is some sort ability to project my hub onto a desktop and then use a keyboard and mouse to reply. I know BlackBerry is working on this and if they can pull this off, it would be brilliant. It would be a great way to differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 11:20 PM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi and itzJustMeh like this.
    01-26-14 11:23 PM
    I'd love to have BlackBerry support Linux, but I know they can't - too many flavours of Linux, plus security issues, since Linux is open source. Which is why my desktop and laptop are both dual boot - I need Windows for BB Link.

The last thing BB needs to do right now is create its own desktop OS - they've learned their lesson that without an app ecosystem, the best technology gets left behind. I think what they're aiming for is to do away with desktops altogether - plug your phone into a monitor and a keyboard and type away. They need to offer a full Office suite and something like QuickBooks, and they'll move a lot of people away from the clunky boxes on or under the desks.
    Pard and togarika like this.
    01-26-14 11:30 PM
    They need to get that big screen extension for BB10 devices out

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 11:30 PM
    That depends on what they do to make the OS appealing. I might actually try it. It would in essence be QNX Neutrino with a more BB10 style UI. I would be interested as long as it can integrate with my phone seamlessly. If anything run as one and the same when connected. Looking at Link as an example they might be biting off more then they can chew, but I shouldn't write off BB developers just yet. Perhaps they would be more "at home" on a pure QNX machine then a windows one. They would ultimately have way more control. I think I would give it a try because I'd give Chromebooks a try. When I look at my usage on my personal laptop it is mostly just web based anyway and BB10 browser has been very impressive to me. It is much the same usage for the majority of people too. They should really give a tablet a try again too. At least they have a better ecosystem with BB10 then they did with PBOS.
    01-26-14 11:34 PM
    I'd love to have BlackBerry support Linux, but I know they can't - too many flavours of Linux, plus security issues, since Linux is open source. Which is why my desktop and laptop are both dual boot - I need Windows for BB Link.
    Open source does not mean lack of security. Take a look at Truecrypt.
    01-26-14 11:41 PM
    What I would really like is some sort ability to project my hub onto a desktop and then use a keyboard and mouse to reply. I know BlackBerry is working on this and if they can pull this off, it would be brilliant. It would be a great way to differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I am hoping for this too.

Come oooooonnnnn BlackBerry!!

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    01-26-14 11:45 PM
    You mean just using BB10 (as it is now) on a big screen? (which you can) Or do you mean BlackBerry making a desktop OS version of BB10?
    01-26-14 11:54 PM
    I could never use anything but a Mac.

I love my Retina Mac Book Pro. It's great.
    sianto likes this.
    01-27-14 12:00 AM
    [QUOTE=ALToronto;9909332]I'd love to have BlackBerry support Linux, but I know they can't - too many flavours of Linux, plus security issues, since Linux is open source. Which is why my desktop and laptop are both dual boot - I need Windows for BB Link.

The last thing BB needs to do right now is create its own desktop OS - they've learned their lesson that without an app ecosystem, the best technology gets left behind. I think what they're aiming for is to do away with desktops altogether - plug your phone into a monitor and a keyboard and type away. They need to offer a full Office suite and something like QuickBooks, and they'll move a lot of people away from the clunky boxes on or under the desks.[/QUO OTE]

my z 30 does all that now ,
    usb on the go
    quickbooks
    docs to go
    pdf editor
    dlna
    mouse ,
    keyboard
    the only thing stopping this happing is
    home screen won't orient to landscape
    no docking station
    bring it on bb10 is more than capable
    01-27-14 12:20 AM
    they are still so expensive . q5 is ~320$ in market.
    tried one, and liked it, but its way too expensive
    Lucky for you the jakarta will be under $200!!!
    Lame Croco likes this.
    01-27-14 12:25 AM
    I don't trust any desktop I didn't build myself (or at the very least open up and give a good dusting), so a pre built BlackBerry desktop would not be my cup of tea.

Besides, even without the financial problems they have now, quite a few of the strong points of BB10 are geared to touch screens - flow, the keyboard, gestures - and a touch screen desktop is not a good idea either. Just look at Windows 8.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 12:26 AM
    Very little 3rd party support makes desktop extremely limited.
    01-27-14 12:43 AM
    Lucky for you the jakarta will be under $200!!!
    physical keyboard could have helped. and will there be a front cam?
    during the rumor phase, i assumed q5 to be equivalent to curve 9220. price wise
    01-27-14 12:49 AM
    Considering that there isn't a mobile OS that can come close to the functionality of Windows 7 with all the applications that run on it, no.
    01-27-14 12:53 AM
    I would if it was available.
    01-27-14 01:15 AM
    I would if it was available.
    What exactly would it offer?

BB10 on a 20" screen?
    01-27-14 01:33 AM
    Yes I will

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 01:45 AM
    LOL No! I like their phones but don't think they can get the desktop right. Tho would be nice blackberry will be like apple with a few lines of product. Just not sure they're as innovative or as creative or they could make a hype with their products.

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    01-27-14 02:04 AM
    You mean just using BB10 (as it is now) on a big screen? (which you can) Or do you mean BlackBerry making a desktop OS version of BB10?
    It needs to be more than projecting to a big screen. You must be able to use your keyboard and mouse seamlessly and fast. Can't be some laggy bluetooth nonsense that takes minutes to set up. If they could do this, Microsoft Outlook would be bye bye on my computer.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    01-27-14 02:31 AM
68 123