I would like to hear what you have to say....I want your opinion....

Would you buy a TOUR now or wait for the Storm 2 when it comes out in October or November.
    08-28-09 03:50 PM
    I would like to hear what you have to say....I want your opinion....

Would you buy a TOUR now or wait for the Storm 2 when it comes out in October or November.
    I think the latest production Tours are good to go. Mine is anyway. There's no way I'll ever buy another newly released blackberry though. Too buggy when they are first released IMO.
    08-28-09 03:53 PM
    I want a tour more then a storm.. I've never liked touch keyboard texting and don't think I ever will

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 03:55 PM
    I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm still holding out on my update (found out I can upgrade as of 8/21) for the Tour on USCC, ince they release it later this year.

The Storm 2 technology intrigues me. I hear they may be getting the Storm early next year, so I keep wondering if I should retire my 8830 when USCC comes out with the Tour, or wait a little longer for the Storm 2.

I think the Tour will probably win out.
    08-28-09 05:51 PM
    I'm slightly biased, as I'm an enemy of touchscreen devices. I love the physical keyboard, and the shear power of the Tour has won me over. While the Storm 2 will be a nice device, I don't believe it will stack up to the Tour in terms of overall speed, as a large portion of the processor and memory will undoubtedly be dedicated to the touchscreen aspect.

08-28-09 06:01 PM
    Get the Storm 3 months after it comes out.
    08-28-09 06:02 PM
    Or the iPhone.
    08-28-09 09:24 PM
    They are completely different phones. You need to decide if you want a keyboard or a touch screen. Personally I am done with touch screen only devices but I would like to see the Magnum(more or less a Bold for factor with a touchscreen, ala the Palm Treo Pro)
    08-29-09 07:24 AM
    Or the iPhone.
    +1

Storm-2, since im not much of a keypad person.
    The tour is annoying to me, atleast with the storm, all the app's is on my finger tip.
    08-29-09 07:42 AM
    I'm buying the Tour on Monday. I wouldn't get suckered into the trap of thinking that you have to wait for every new gadget that is rumored within a month or two - there are always going to be rumors like that.
    08-29-09 07:48 AM
    If you always wait for the latest and greatest then you'll never be happy. Look at the current offerings and if you like one enough then you should get it.

The storm 2 is pretty intriguing.

08-29-09 07:51 AM
    I'd buy both
    08-29-09 07:52 AM
    Tour, but that is because I despise touchscreen devices
    with a passion.
    08-29-09 08:27 AM
    Tour, but that is because I despise touchscreen devices
    with a passion.
    +1 For Tour, on the same boat as AG.

08-29-09 08:43 AM
    I'm sort of in the same boat. TOUR.
    While the Storm 2 will be a nice device. it may depends on you want a keyboard or a touch screen.
    08-29-09 08:43 AM
    As you can see everyone has a personal preference as you should too. If you like keyboards, go with the Tour. Like touchscreens, go with the Storm 2. If you don't know, wait for the Storm 2 to be released, play with both and then make a decision.

08-29-09 08:44 AM
    Why do people insist on these threads? No one can tell you what to do aside from give their opinions based on 1 simple fact. Either they like touch devices or they don't. Plain and simple.

OP do you like touch devices? If yes than your choice is obvious. Do you like non touch devices? If yes than your choice is obvious. Nuff said. Move along now.
    08-29-09 01:21 PM
    I'm with the anti-touch crowd, too. I got to help a friend set up email on his Storm and HATED it. I kept hitting the wrong letter or number. I could see how I would get faster, but I'm sold on the keypad.
    08-29-09 02:31 PM
    All I know is I will never again run out and buy a phone as soon as it's made available. I'll wait a couple of months and monitor the feedback on Crackberry!
    08-29-09 03:09 PM
    storm was the biggest flop launch ever hopefully two is better
    08-29-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD