Would anyone out there buy a BlackBerry Smartphone that has the same style as the Playbook? I really like the Playbook's "slab" design without any chrome or metallic accents and also the slightly rounded corners. I was a fan of the Palm Pixi's design as in..... rubber backing and sides and no weird bends. There is nothing fancy about the Playbook's design but it looks and feels awesome and rocks.
    04-19-11 05:48 PM
    I would buy that, I love my Bold but im not a big fan of the chrome edges myself
    04-19-11 08:40 PM
    I love the chrome edges of BlackBerry devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 10:34 PM
    me too i love the chrome edges on my bold. im using the black 9780 and the chrome is darker. i personally think the 9700 chrome makes the device look more sleek
    04-19-11 11:20 PM
    I don't really care how it looks (except I love the Bold/Tour lineup of keyboards vs. a Curve) as long as it's not a cheap and clunky feel.
    04-19-11 11:52 PM
    I would buy the PB if it was in the $300 range new. Don't think the style would work good on a smaller phone.

04-20-11 03:38 AM
    Depends on if it had a physical keyboard or not. I'm done with virtual keyboards on phones. As far as the chrome finish i could do without it when you drop a BB that's first thing to chip and sticks out like a sore thumb. If it was just matte black plastic it'd probably take blows better.
    04-20-11 06:54 AM
    I think having the chrome bezel looks sharpe and makes it look more professional. If it were all plastic, it would look and feel cheaply made.
    04-20-11 07:32 AM
    I think having the chrome bezel looks sharpe and makes it look more professional. If it were all plastic, it would look and feel cheaply made.
    Only problem with this thinking. The chrome is just paint and the actual piece is still plastic.
    04-20-11 07:36 AM
    I don't really care how it looks (except I love the Bold/Tour lineup of keyboards vs. a Curve) as long as it's not a cheap and clunky feel.
    Yeah, I definitely agree..
    04-20-11 07:44 AM
    Only problem with this thinking. The chrome is just paint and the actual piece is still plastic.
    I know, still looks better, imo
    04-20-11 08:26 AM
    I would in a heart beat. I would like to have a 7" screen. That will be the superphone.

04-20-11 05:01 PM
    I always liked the idea of a tablet-phone. I don't like holding phones up to my ear, so I use headsets (wired or bluetooth). That way, I can take notes and check on things while talking. It would be even easier to do these things if there was a tablet with phone capabilities.

One nice feature of BB devices is being able to take notes during calls. They get added directly to the call log. While in a call, just press the menu button and you have the option to create a note. Having the larger screen to do the same things would really be nice.
    04-20-11 06:57 PM
    This playbook is pretty darn portable. I could see it easily becoming the phone with a bluetooth. I always use a BT with my Torch.
    04-20-11 07:01 PM
    Nope!

No Keyboard! not a phone for me
    04-20-11 07:22 PM
    I think that would look good!
    04-21-11 03:01 AM
    I would definitely buy it. It is a slick device and would love to see a blackberry smart phone with that interface and capabilities.
    04-22-11 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD