View Poll Results: would you download/buy a bluetooth app. that would enable/disable with a hotkey?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, if it were less than $10.00 USD

0 0%
  • Yes, if it were less than $5.00 USD

0 0%
  • No, I don't see the point

3 60.00%
  • No, I'm not a Bluetooth User

1 20.00%
  • Possibly depending on all the features of the application

1 20.00%
    So i'm trying to convince my husbands company to write an application for BB's and bluetooth to hotkey it, where you can press one key and it will auto enable/disable your bluetooth. To show him there is interest in this product, if you'd be interested would you please post as such and what you think a fair (not free but less than 10.00USD) price would be for said application. Also please include any other features associated with BT that you think would make said product more useful.

Thank you!@
    curveyone1998
    03-21-09 08:11 AM
    I'm all for innovation and developing new products, but I never disable my Bluetooth and I can't think of any reason why I'd want to. But if I did want to, the Manage Connections icon is on my Home Screen. It provides your intended functionality in two clicks. I would not waste memory on a hotkey app, even if it was free. Sorry.
    03-21-09 08:17 AM
    I find if i disable my bluetooth that i don't seem to run through as much battery. that's why I disable it.

I didn't think of putting that on my home screen as an option...but good point.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure memory consuption will be an issue with most users. So I'll make sure to mention that to him.
    03-21-09 08:21 AM
    I think I've turned bluetooth off all of twice, not something I think of doing.
    03-21-09 08:24 AM
    I have a button already...manage connections, takes all of what..3 seconds to click on it.

Sorry curvyone, I'm not much help in your plight.
    03-21-09 08:57 AM
    ok so maybe this wasn't such a good idea then?
    03-21-09 08:59 AM
    No, it just isn't. But don't give up. Look in the 3rd Party Software and Developers forums. There are people posting requests for apps in those places, as well as scattered in all the other forums. Try searching for keywords like "develop" or "application." You'll get a lot of worthless hits, but you might also find something that somebody's already asking for. That's a good place to start.
    03-21-09 09:10 AM
    thanks for the feedback ya all
    03-21-09 09:49 AM
    Since I never turn my BT off, I cant imagine the need for such an app. As others have said, manage connections is abt 2 clicks away....if I have to turn it off, that works for me.
    03-21-09 05:09 PM
    I find if i disable my bluetooth that i don't seem to run through as much battery. that's why I disable it.

I didn't think of putting that on my home screen as an option...but good point.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure memory consuption will be an issue with most users. So I'll make sure to mention that to him.
    I havent found BT being enabled as any of the reasons why my battery would drain fast. Normally it's due to some offending app still running- but thats not often.
    03-21-09 05:11 PM
    For bluetooh, no. However, I would love a general hotkey application. They did an excellent job making the curve 8900 customizable, but I still see lots of potential for hotkeys to make workflow better. You and your husband should message me if you'd like to discuss some ideas.
    03-21-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD