Let us know how it goes, maybe they can pull some inventory from another market.

Here in the US.... Unihertz website has them, Amazon has 18 and eBay has at least 10.
    Will do, they have stock in the EU but won't ship to the UK unfortunately... I'm not worried about the charger, which wouldn't be compatible with a UK power socket, I just need the phone. Will let you know how Unihertz respond, they normally reply promptly. Hopefully just a blip... Was looking forward to clicking some keys again... :-)
    03-01-22 10:12 AM
    If you're willing to buy it in Europe (so different socket and all) the phone is available on Amazon Itay (there they should sell the QWERTY version unlike Germany I suppose)
    https://www.amazon.it/Unihertz-Pocke...UvbUpU13626895
    then you can use a parcel forwarding service to receive it https://www.sourcingitaly.com/servic...talian-address
    Will check that, thank you!
    03-01-22 10:13 AM
    If you're willing to buy it in Europe (so different socket and all) the phone is available on Amazon Itay (there they should sell the QWERTY version unlike Germany I suppose)
    https://www.amazon.it/Unihertz-Pocke...UvbUpU13626896
    then you can use a parcel forwarding service to receive it https://www.sourcingitaly.com/servic...talian-address
    Have placed an order, fingers crossed everything goes ok... I was going to wait but the urge to click was too great! Grazie!
    the_boon likes this.
    03-01-22 10:32 AM
    Received an email reply from Unihertz to say that new UK stock would be available in four weeks time...
    03-03-22 06:24 AM
    Anyone care to share some long term experiences with this?
    I saw that AT&T was pulling support even though it was working and hardware was capable, but Unihertz is working to resolve that with AT&T which shows some pretty decent dedication on the part of the company.
    I also saw a "teardown" video on their site and you basically just need screwdriver & tweezers. (Spare parts availability might be an issue).

This phone is a bit chunky, but it seems durable and it's got everything I might want in a phone. Headphone jack, FM radio, NFC, keyboard, everything. Except maybe removable battery.
    Everyone says the camera is crappy, but honestly, how is it compared to the Q10? From what I saw online, any of the pictures from the Titan Pocket are more than passable for a phone pic and what you're going to do with it.

I think BlackBerry should have a chat with Unihertz.

Did anyone else read this interview with John Chen?
    https://www.thestar.com/business/tec...ock-price.html

He still uses a Key2 apparently and likes his PKB's and is still looking forward to a BlackBerry keyboard device in the future. Onward was merely terminated because it took too long. If Unihertz can reliably spit out phones on schedule and if it is willing to step to a higher tier of devices, maybe this will be a future option.
    italia2014 likes this.
    03-05-22 11:59 AM
    Anyone care to share some long term experiences with this?
    I saw that AT&T was pulling support even though it was working and hardware was capable, but Unihertz is working to resolve that with AT&T which shows some pretty decent dedication on the part of the company.
    I also saw a "teardown" video on their site and you basically just need screwdriver & tweezers. (Spare parts availability might be an issue).

This phone is a bit chunky, but it seems durable and it's got everything I might want in a phone. Headphone jack, FM radio, NFC, keyboard, everything. Except maybe removable battery.
    Everyone says the camera is crappy, but honestly, how is it compared to the Q10? From what I saw online, any of the pictures from the Titan Pocket are more than passable for a phone pic and what you're going to do with it.

I think BlackBerry should have a chat with Unihertz.

Did anyone else read this interview with John Chen?
    https://www.thestar.com/business/tec...ock-price.html

He still uses a Key2 apparently and likes his PKB's and is still looking forward to a BlackBerry keyboard device in the future. Onward was merely terminated because it took too long. If Unihertz can reliably spit out phones on schedule and if it is willing to step to a higher tier of devices, maybe this will be a future option.
    The success and problem Unihertz faces is the positive side of a double-edged sword. It must stick to it's business model but that simply eliminates moving beyond crowdfunding strategy.
    03-05-22 05:33 PM
    The success and problem Unihertz faces is the positive side of a double-edged sword. It must stick to it's business model but that simply eliminates moving beyond crowdfunding strategy.
    Can you elaborate why you think "it must stick to it's business model" ?

And WHY that "eliminates moving beyond crowdfunding strategy." ?

Idk much about crowdfund dynamics.

Thanks.
    03-05-22 10:30 PM
    Can you elaborate why you think "it must stick to it's business model" ?

And WHY that "eliminates moving beyond crowdfunding strategy." ?

Idk much about crowdfund dynamics.

Thanks.
    In retail consumer products (tangible physical) the cost of manufacturing the actual product is the biggest cost. All the commitments for components, manufacturing line time, minimum quantities lead to a scale that Unihertz doesn't meet for any of it's devices.

Like the individual wanting to replace internal components getting better price @10k minimum units, there's several reasons that Unihertz makes it's devices using it's business model. All revolve around managing expenses and risk. For Unihertz to change different factors, that would have to change pieces in that business model to OEM traditional model. Similar to what caused TCL abandonment of Key # business.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-22 04:24 AM
    So let me get this straight there's still people hoping for a new PKB phone?
    03-09-22 03:58 AM
    So let me get this straight there's still people hoping for a new PKB phone?
    The UH Titan Pocket IS a "new phone". Going on 3 months since its last patch of Andy11, tho.

" Hope springs eternal... " (Alexander Pope, An Essay on Man, 1733)

IMO, best eternal hope for a usable device that actually fits a human hand rests with UniHertz, AFAIK. Fwiw.

I might at least hope for more frequent patches? Maybe hope that updates might get crowd funded?? Maybe hope that CCP somehow gets purged from its soul???

While hoping, I personally hope TP2 also gets a TrackPad !

Hoping beyond hope (sorta Abraham's "EOL" ?? Lol), I personally hope TP2 might get a Q sized chassis sized better fitting the Q sized screen? ?? Lol.

Hope ≠ expectations, tho. Lol
    03-09-22 06:42 AM
    Ah okay, if it's hope we're discussing mine is in a Titan 2, the Titan is impossible to use, the Titan Pocket is fine but the screen is a big issue. So yeah I guess we're all hoping in Unihertz improvement at some point.
    03-09-22 07:25 AM
    Ah okay, if it's hope we're discussing mine is in a Titan 2, the Titan is impossible to use, the Titan Pocket is fine but the screen is a big issue. So yeah I guess we're all hoping in Unihertz improvement at some point.
    Well last time they asked folks what they wanted to see next.... I guess fans should be hitting them up on FaceBook or Twitter to plug their wishes. See no sign that Unihertz comes to CrackBerry.

Unihertz depends on surplus parts (which are scarce these days) or even surplus phones (don't think they build the TickTock from scratch)... I would think a KEY like device would be the most likly option for them to copy next.

They might end up with a lot of TickTock parts left over... based on their sales (just over 600 units). Maybe stick a Pockets keyboard on the bottom and call it a Tall Titan?
    03-09-22 07:42 AM
    Lol, seems a shame UH couldn't fit a Classic sized 3.5" screen into TP's Classic sized chassis. For those who value screen size. Imo.

TP chassis footprint is currently at MAX dimensions for proficient single handing. Really already TOO large, imo. Increasing any proportion by a single mm would leave me VERY unhappy. Fwiw.

I personally find TP's 3.1" screen fine for reading. My biggest complaint is text selection & editing. Larger screen MIGHT help that but I've taken to using BlueTooth mouse when near a mouse and surface. Andy11 on TP accepts mouse input FABULOUSLY compared with Ks. I'd personally prefer to fill TP's infamous screen gap with a TrackPad? OR, better yet, combine fingerprint reader with Optical TrackPad? ??
    03-09-22 08:06 AM
    Thank you for sharing this video.
    03-13-22 10:33 AM
    Thank you for sharing this video.
    What video? There's nothing here. If you're replying to a specific post, you need to use the " below that specific post and it will include that post I'm your reply. That way everyone including the original person sees what you're referring to.
    03-13-22 02:00 PM
65 123