The possibility was mentioned off-handedly elsewhere. The G5 already looks like the phone of the year, especially with the buggy S6 giving way to pedestrian updates for the S7 (i.e. S5 2.0). If you're not familiar with the G5, it has a removable bottom and replacement batteries, plus "friends", attachments that can do things like expand the battery, enhance the camera, add to games, etc. It's current functionality is a fraction of what it will be once third party companies start to launch their own "friends".

If one of those "friends" is a solid and well-integrated PKB, it seems to me that BB hardware should just board up the windows immediately. The Priv can't compete with the G5's specs, build, removable battery, camera, MM out of the box, etc etc. What are your thoughts? Is a small part of you hoping for this? There's no way the hub is worth an extra $200 and inferior specs, is there?
    03-03-16 09:28 AM
    it's a BB killer WITHOUT the kb. Not all of us want a pkb. it's why i left for Android to begin with.
    BGRS likes this.
    03-03-16 09:57 AM
    Priv was dead on arrival...so nothing to kill it is needed.
    03-03-16 10:36 AM
    Samsung made a pkb for it's S6 I guess, I can't remember, unfortunately I never used it so I'm judge only about pictures but it looked rubbish...

So I don't know LG made any great keyboard in the past but without knowledge it's hard to make a (as the title says) decent keyboard. Of course you can steal like Typo did, but that wasn't a big success

But this are only my opinion...
    (sry for the English)

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 11:01 AM
    Samsung made a pkb for it's S6 I guess, I can't remember, unfortunately I never used it so I'm judge only about pictures but it looked rubbish...

So I don't know LG made any great keyboard in the past but without knowledge it's hard to make a (as the title says) decent keyboard. Of course you can steal like Typo did, but that wasn't a big success

But this are only my opinion...
    (sry for the English)

Posted via CB10
    The make of the G5 allows for the keyboard to be much better integrated than Typo and the S6 version, which were both clumsily slapped on the front of the device and operated as basically a bunch of tiny styluses. The potential G5 would actually be plugged into the phone and snugly attached, so it could have the form factor of the Classic, or, if they really wanted to get adventurous, they could have it hang from the bottom (removing the bottom .5" lip) and have the form factor of the rumored Vienna. I just want a static, non slide-out PKB on a modern phone for a reasonable price. How is it that is such a far-fetched wishlist item in 2016?
    03-03-16 11:16 AM
    Priv was dead on arrival...so nothing to kill it is needed.
    It seems they made a good, albeit overpriced and small-keyboarded, phone. I'd say for DOA status it would have to have shipped in a deeplly flawed state, like the Storm.
    03-03-16 11:18 AM
    It seems they made a good, albeit overpriced and small-keyboarded, phone. I'd say for DOA status it would have to have shipped in a deeplly flawed state, like the Storm.
    What do you mean by DOA? I wouldn't call the Storm DOA. It was flawed and had truly terrible hardware at the time, but BlackBerry sold tons of them.

Still to this day I've never seen more of any BlackBerry model in the wild than I saw of the Storm. I seen more Storms than even Curves back in the day.

Sure, pretty much everyone who owned one hated it, but the Storm sold very well. Simply because Verizon still didn't have the iPhone yet and the Storm was thought to be the best alternative at the time.

BlackBerry sold 500,000 of them in just the first month back when the smartphone market was still tiny. Just a shame that the phone itself was so bad. On arrival, there was a lot of excitement for the Storm and it was anything but dead. It was only after arrival that it all went to crap.
    03-03-16 11:27 AM
    To be fair I would say that a majority of smartphone users at this point have never used a device with a physical keyboard...nor do they care to. Any other swing and miss by John Chen.
    03-03-16 12:00 PM
    So maybe it wouldn't be the worst idea for BlackBerry to partner with a company like LG and work on third party hardware like this. Much lower risk/higher reward. Might actually get people looking at the Priv too.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 01:26 PM
    @ForTheArchives: @BlackBerry @LGUS @LGUK: it would be amzing if you Work Together to create a Physical Keyboard Module for the #LGG5! #modular #productivity

https://twitter.com/ForTheArchives/s...87047139856384

BlackBerry 10, CB10 signed.
    04-13-16 11:28 AM
    Seems like, based on the reviews, the G5 is a mess. I'll pass.
    04-26-16 04:02 PM