I think so. You would not have to worry about a sales person pushing another brand, they could sell or give away stickers, caps, etc. Much better demos could be available. Accessories would be available. They could still offer the different carriers and maybe offer a plan of their own. Seems like so many opportunities available.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 11:47 AM
    Hmm, the overhead costs would be staggering, unless they themselves hold exclusive import rights in the countries they operate (which is not always the case)

edit and add on:

This is not to say they will succeed or fail. Its just that who would absorb all that cost? BlackBerry? or the customers?.
    10-09-13 11:48 AM
    They did have their own stores. It didn't work.
    h20work, JeepBB, cwalt2166 and 1 others like this.
    10-09-13 11:50 AM
    They already tried that, notice anything missing in this pic?

Would BlackBerry do better if they had their own stores?-blackberry-store-mn-airport.png
    10-09-13 12:02 PM
    I was at a BlackBerry store in Jakarta once. Nothing special. The company makes a handful of handsets, hardly worth retail locations.
    10-09-13 12:07 PM
    I think for a retail store to work, BBRY would need a more diverse product line.
    10-09-13 12:10 PM
    Not at this point.

A couple of years ago when they had a variety of products they could have done well with it. Today however they have only a few phones and accessories it would not be worth the investment. However getting space in an existing store like best buy or another large retailer which gives them specific floor space and ability to out their staff that might be worth while for them to look into.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:11 PM
    Put it in Malaysia. Sure it will help.

Posted via Non-iOS Non-Android Non-WP device
    10-09-13 12:13 PM
    A store for what? The 4 cell phone models they sell?

Maybe a change room to try on the holster as well?

Sometimes I wonder abut you guys.
    10-09-13 12:13 PM
    Well, I think of the reasons it didn't work it's because BlackBerry only sells phones and one tablet. Not much else to see
    Opening a store with only two tup of products it's not a good idea
    Now in the case of apple, they sell a whole bunch of stuff

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-09-13 12:14 PM
    Not at this point.

A couple of years ago when they had a variety of products they could have done well with it. Today however they have only a few phones and accessories it would not be worth the investment. However getting space in an existing store like best buy or another large retailer which gives them specific floor space and ability to out their staff that might be worth while for them to look into.
    Small disagreement on the variety of products thing. Yes they had different models but they were all so similar that after about ten minutes you'd think you were looking at the same device over and over again. Today, they are in slightly better shape as they still have the legacy devices as well as the BB10 devices but even that I don't think would be enough to justify a physical store.

Dedicated space in an existing retail outlet is an interesting idea if the cost associated isn't steep.
    dbiv5445 likes this.
    10-09-13 12:21 PM
    Simply can't afford it.
    southlander likes this.
    10-09-13 12:21 PM
    They have OS7 phones which could be sold along with BB10. I think a phablet and tablet should be something they should work on, they cut out the middle man. Start in the larger markets first. Have videos to view for the different phone features, offer extended warranties.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:27 PM
    I don't think a store would be beneficial, but I don't think a small area in a mall would be a bad idea. Like the little carts in the mall outside of the stores. They could still show what BlackBerry is about and show everyone what is new. They could also sell accessories and answer any questions people might have and explain some key features.
    tmanthib, gfondeur and anon4226395 like this.
    10-09-13 12:29 PM
    They already tried that, notice anything missing in this pic?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-store-mn-airport.png 
Views:	1927 
Size:	606.1 KB 
ID:	209409
    Was this taken when they were closed, where are the employees?

Posted via CB10
    If they would stop thinking in a tiny box, yes, BlackBerry-owned retail outlets could work.

You know all those third-party mobile device stores that sell all handsets and offer carrier services for all local carriers? Like Carphone Warehouse in the UK, Telephone Booth in Canada, or Best Buy?

BlackBerry sets up a few of those, even franchises of an existing vendor then trains up the staff to be super ultra blackberry experts, gives BlackBerry devices pride of place (even though they STILL sell other vendors handsets and offer carrier services from other vendors) and BlackBerry would have a line of business JUST AS PROFITABLE as the existing vendors, but, instead of staff that are indifferent our outright HOSTILE to BlackBerry, they would be EXPERTS and consumers who are interested in a competitive platform could be told about a special on BlackBerry handsets, and there could be an on-screen demo of the BB10 UI on a nice big monitor in the store, and BB10 devices wouldn't be at the back behind the microwave.

So a store that's ONLY BlackBerry would incur investment by BlackBerry and not be profitable (at least for the short term) but a store that sells all devices but SPECIALIZES in BlackBerry could be just as profitable as any other carrier store.
    They don't have the product line to support their own retail store.

Hell, even a kiosk at a mall would more than enough real estate to house/display all the different BlackBerry products they have to offer...

It would hurt BBRY's wallet and image.
    10-09-13 12:31 PM
    Was this taken when they were closed, where are the employees?
    Look closely at the back wall, right under the BlackBerry logo. See that bald spot, note that you can't see his legs (behind counter)...there is your staff
    10-09-13 12:32 PM
    A store for what? The 4 cell phone models they sell?

Maybe a change room to try on the holster as well?

Sometimes I wonder abut you guys.
    Hahaha lmao! Too funny

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" (BBM#18)
    10-09-13 12:33 PM
    I think so. You would not have to worry about a sales person pushing another brand, they could sell or give away stickers, caps, etc. Much better demos could be available. Accessories would be available. They could still offer the different carriers and maybe offer a plan of their own. Seems like so many opportunities available.

Posted via CB10
    what are they going to show?

old phone from 3 years ago and playbook? or like a store full of z10 and q10?

also, dont think sticker and cap will convince ppl to spend 600 for a phone
    10-09-13 12:38 PM
    Depends what they put in the store.

They have 4 new handsets and 1 tablet (playbook) that they stopped supporting.
    With a bunch of BBOS phones that won't sell unless you sell them for dirt cheap.
    If this was the case no they wouldn't.

BUT

If they think like Apple (I don't like Apple btw, I just think they are smart marketing and presenting themselves).

- Get an innovative technology section (hopefully 3rd party companies start making stuff for BB)
    - QNX Car section or something
    - OS updating booth. So, they can not worry about the carriers and update their phone for them. If the customers really want the new update that bad. ( not sure how they would do it but it would be sweet to show it off)
    - have people demoing the phones so at least we have reps that know what they are talking about selling the BlackBerry (I'm sure the standing BlackBerry stores already have this)
    - every device they are selling on demo ( I'm sure they have this already too)
    - Maybe a huge screen at the back of the store and in the front glass of the store showing BB10 demos: showing BB10s avantages compared to other phones.

Etc...

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:39 PM
    Not even a store will help blackberry at this point. Only people that will buy are the core blackberry users.

If they only sold online and at their own store, there would be less visibility to new customers.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:41 PM
    Look closely at the back wall, right under the BlackBerry logo. See that bald spot, note that you can't see his legs (behind counter)...there is your staff
    Had to zoom in to see him. Anyway, what they are doing is not working. Maybe kiosks in malls or leasing space in stores is the way to go. They definitely need to get the most popular apps on board.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:42 PM
    Stores would be too costly.
    I as an armchair CEO would agressively move forward with selling sim free phones and accessories directly & globally, via an extremely sexy and easy to use online store.
    Scr*w carriers, they had their chance.
    dbiv5445 and Laa2004 like this.
    10-09-13 12:43 PM
    Stores would be too costly.
    I as an armchair CEO would agressively move forward with selling sim free phones and accessories directly & globally, via an extremely sexy and easy to use online store.
    Scr*w carriers, they had their chance.
    They sell online now which is good although I don't like buying online. If they dropped their prices more that would help to.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:52 PM
97 123 ...