I doubt Chen has even decided if there will be a Z50. That will depend on how the handset business goes over the next couple of quarters.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Chen has explicitly said there'd be a new high-end full-touch next year, though he's given no details.

That Visa/Victoria concept with the retractable keyboard could easily be produced with just the screen, so at this point that's my pet theory.

My one caveat: if the Passport and Z20 are flops in North America this plan could be subject to change.

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    09-21-14 12:40 PM
    My one caveat: if the Passport and Z20 are flops in North America this plan could be subject to change.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, I think a lot depends on the success of both devices, especially the Passport. Yet I think BBRY will need to nail down and is already designing next year's devices, so I am not too sure how much they'll be affected by the performance of this year's devices.

I really hope both devices will perform well in terms of sales.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    09-21-14 01:23 PM
    I hate hate hate hate physical keyboard.
    Only touch screen for me and doctor...lol

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:45 PM
    Nope. PKB users will stay. Now the leaked convertible PKB device shown in the recent patent could hurt Passport sales.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-21-14 04:13 PM
    Indeed, I think a lot depends on the success of both devices, especially the Passport. Yet I think BBRY will need to nail down and is already designing next year's devices, so I am not too sure how much they'll be affected by the performance of this year's devices.

I really hope both devices will perform well in terms of sales.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    Now, it looks like expectations for the Passport are fairly low; apparently they're only projecting 250k sales for the rest of calendar 2014 so it might not be too hard to hit that mark. It's really the Z20 that's going to be the wild card, but I expect that it will be a favorite for corporate sales.
    09-21-14 04:16 PM
    Nope. PKB users will stay. Now the leaked convertible PKB device shown in the recent patent could hurt Passport sales.

Ehhhh, hard to say. For one thing, there's still a lot of detail that needs to be fleshed out on that. We only have one unconfirmed source that says it's actually going into production, for one thing.

For another thing, an awful lot of the PKB fans have weighed in against the Passport's non-BB-traditional 3 row layout, and the Visa/Victoria doesn't look to make any change to that.

I think the Passport finds its own market; I like the idea of the Visa/Victoria, but I'm more drawn to the large square Passport display myself.
    09-21-14 04:19 PM
    Ehhhh, hard to say. For one thing, there's still a lot of detail that needs to be fleshed out on that. We only have one unconfirmed source that says it's actually going into production, for one thing.

For another thing, an awful lot of the PKB fans have weighed in against the Passport's non-BB-traditional 3 row layout, and the Visa/Victoria doesn't look to make any change to that.

I think the Passport finds its own market; I like the idea of the Visa/Victoria, but I'm more drawn to the large square Passport display myself.
    The question was if it was announced. My response was based on that device being announced when the Passport is released.

09-21-14 04:28 PM
    I hate hate hate hate hate all touch phones! Even the z10 and 30!

Please blackberry never make one againn!!

Posted via CB10
    1% (BlackBerry marketshare) of people agree.
    BlackBerry needs to make money, they have to, and will release another full touch.

Worst comment ever lol

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 08:15 PM
    The question was if it was announced. My response was based on that device being announced when the Passport is released.

No, I can't see them announcing a device six months in advance.

I do think we'll see Z20 news this week tho...

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 02:33 AM
    No, I can't see them announcing a device six months in advance.

I do think we'll see Z20 news this week tho...

Posted via CB10
    They announced the Classic well in advance of that, and the Passport had a long period of time too.

09-22-14 08:55 AM
35 12