05-01-16 02:04 PM
79 ... 234
tools
    Communication and efficiency? We communicate with lots of our customers now via facebook twitter and whatsapp, blackberry 10 is no longer efficient for that, hardly a business tool!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    I expect to use my BlackBerry 10 device for my business needs through 2017 with no issues at all, but I only work with clients in the business to business space. Both my clients and my clients' clients only sell to businesses and government. No one we work with has any interest in FB, instagram, etc. for getting work done.

If I had a business to consumer model, I would likely migrate to a consumer-oriented phone running iOS or Android. Businesses need to be in the same space as their customers as much as possible.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 08:04 AM
    I missed this thread the first time around.

My son gave me a pitying look when I asked for his email address. He only ever "speaks" on his phone when he calls me, the rest of the time he's using one of the many IM apps (available for all popular OSTM). Seems "young people" don't use email or speak on smartphones anymore... I wonder if that news has reached BB yet?
    Blackberry has completely given up on appealing to people like your son with BB10, so yes, I think the news reached them long ago. They are not trying to sell BB10 phones to people who want to use 3rd party apps on their phones. They are committing to Android for those market segments.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 08:07 AM
    I say it's all about being value added and what best fits your needs. I found a friend a mint passport for a couple of hundred bucks with a leather flip case and he couldn't be happier.

He doesn't use many apps and uses the device for his emails and messaging with his friends and co workers. He even likes the web based Facebook app, so in this case I would say yes to him buying a Blackberry OS10 device, it was a win win all the way around.
    05-01-16 01:44 PM
    OP, it all boils down to what your needs are. If you are one of those who just cares about a physical keyboard, emailing, messenging and not too much about apps, then the Classic should work out for you.

If you are going to use a lot of specialized apps, watch movies and really care about screen real estate, then you may need to consider other brands such as Samsung, LG, HTC, etc.

You should probably stop by a carrier store in your area and try out several brands to see which one you like best, as you will get several answers depending on people's preferences and tastes that may or may not match with yours.

It all boils down to getting a device that fits your unique situation and needs.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    05-01-16 02:04 PM
79 ... 234