Veered off-topic or not it is very interesting to read what you're all saying

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 04:11 AM
    Splurge a little and get the passport. The extra screenspace and touch keyboard is well worth it. I want to get silver edition, but cannot justify the purchase for no real added value to my current model.

Couple of people comments on productivity is that it goes as far as the user themselves are a bit preachy. Productivity is as much a function of technology and innovation .

My case in point is the Citrix app I use to remote into my work computer. With Nexus I got to turn phone sideways for better views, pinch zoom constantly , and virtual keyboard takes up valuable real estate when I want to type - have to switch back to portrait mode. It's a pain to navigate around my workflows. I am much more efficient, as well as more effective with my Passport by 25 - 100 % more depending on if I'm reading documents or running programs.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 05:08 AM
    You sound like these things aren't even available on an ANdroid device. I think its blatantly unfair to tell someone that only a BB device can be productive. Do you think my WORK is a game? My communication with my many family members as someone is extremely ill in the hospital is a game? I have spent DAYS working from my G4 exclusively, ordering, making payments, texting, talking, getting docs from Google Drive and sending them back to work when amended. YOU DO REALIZE OTHER PHONES CAN DO THIS??????

OP, make up your own mind and be a man about it. If you don't want to take a plunge then play it safe with your choice. ANY phone is as productive as the freaking owner.
    Well said.
    It's a desperate attempt to keep Blackberry relevant. Many, many businesses and business people are productive on Android and iOS devices every day. Dare I say more than Blackberry? But yet, we still have to listen to this "Blackberry is for productivity" crap. The world is getting by just fine for many of us, despite what smartphone we use, because we have brains.
    MikeX74, JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    03-19-16 11:08 AM
    Yeah any phone can be or could be productive BUT BlackBerry is emphasizing it more. Getting things done is much better in BlackBerry. We have to admit that people are so facinated with Android phones because of different applications to games it offers to think that we don't need all those apps.

Posted via CB10
    Another person who doesn't get it.
    JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    03-19-16 11:09 AM
    Follow your gut...get what what works for you. If you desire a BB10 device, go for it. I brought a new unlocked Z30 from Blackberry back in Sept 2015. I said then that I would not buy another BB10 device unless I knew for sure that BB would continue to make BB10 phones and that external developers would support it. Well, here in 1st quarter 2016 developers are dropping like flies and no new BB10 handset announcement. So..I purchased a Priv and gave Z30 to mother in-law for free. Love the Priv. BB sprinkled enough BB goodies (Hub, calender, predictive text, etc) to distinguish it from other Android devices. If BB do make a new BB10 Phone...like my boy Arnold (Terminator) Schwarzenegger would say..." I'll be back!"

Good luck
    03-19-16 07:19 PM
    Well said.
    It's a desperate attempt to keep Blackberry relevant. Many, many businesses and business people are productive on Android and iOS devices every day. Dare I say more than Blackberry? But yet, we still have to listen to this "Blackberry is for productivity" crap. The world is getting by just fine for many of us, despite what smartphone we use, because we have brains.
    Blackberry for productivity is totally crap lol. Like come on I have a brain and can answer emails and call a lot of people on my Android and Ios phone as well haha.

Tried editing long documents on a any Droid app...it's a freaking nightmare. OK maybe I haven't found the right app yet, but on my Passport it was easier out of the box. I don't know what it is about Ios, but the home button navigation drove me nuts switching between documents and the email client. Needless to say I'm not an Ios fan so I'm biased, but maybe they have improved it since iphone 5.

Lastly, nothing beats a physical keyboard when your productivity is measured on how many documents you can review and edit in a given hour. Note I do prefer a virtual keyboard for short messages though. It's faster when I don't care if the other person comprehends my inaccurate typing haha. The addition of navigating via the keyboard on the Passport makes editing even faster.

Please give me an explanation why people have left BlackBerry and come back like myself? Other than having a more effective messaging design paradigm from the OS7 days itself, I can't understand why. It's definitely not for all those 'productive' apps we are missing on Android and ios lol. You obviously value your apps since you're still on Android. I may switch back to Android if they put it on the Passport like device with a wider screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:08 AM
    Blackberry for productivity is totally crap lol. Like come on I have a brain and can answer emails and call a lot of people on my Android and Ios phone as well haha.

Tried editing long documents on a any Droid app...it's a freaking nightmare. OK maybe I haven't found the right app yet, but on my Passport it was easier out of the box. I don't know what it is about Ios, but the home button navigation drove me nuts switching between documents and the email client. Needless to say I'm not an Ios fan so I'm biased, but maybe they have improved it since iphone 5.

Lastly, nothing beats a physical keyboard when your productivity is measured on how many documents you can review and edit in a given hour. Note I do prefer a virtual keyboard for short messages though. It's faster when I don't care if the other person comprehends my inaccurate typing haha. The addition of navigating via the keyboard on the Passport makes editing even faster.

Please give me an explanation why people have left BlackBerry and come back like myself? Other than having a more effective messaging design paradigm from the OS7 days itself, I can't understand why. It's definitely not for all those 'productive' apps we are missing on Android and ios lol. You obviously value your apps since you're still on Android. I may switch back to Android if they put it on the Passport like device with a wider screen.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Please tell me how many people have left Android to come back to Blackberry.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    03-20-16 10:10 AM
    I did

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 03:19 PM
    LOL. Please tell me how many people have left Android to come back to Blackberry.
    I did, and it was a huge mistake

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 05:02 PM
    I did, and it was a huge mistake

Posted via CB10
    There's one.

Of course people move back and forth between devices. Pretty normal. But, obviously, not enough have moved back to Blackberry.
    03-20-16 05:07 PM
    Of course all phone are capable of being productive. But there is something about a BlackBerry that just gets me in the business mode.
    I don't know exactly what it is but when I am cranking out business with my Classic, I just feel more confident

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 05:34 PM
    Personally, I wouldn't buy a new BB10 device at the list price. Now that everyone knows where BlackBerry is heading, many people appear to be selling off their BB10 devices and prices have dropped significantly in the last few months for good quality used BlackBerry phones.

I often see used Classics in excellent condition (some only used a few weeks or months) on Kijiji Canada going for $200, often with lots of extra swag thrown in. I will probably buy another Passport (still love it and know it will do what I need it to do for a year or so) soon, but buy it on the used market.
    03-20-16 05:51 PM
    Of course all phone are capable of being productive. But there is something about a BlackBerry that just gets me in the business mode.
    I don't know exactly what it is but when I am cranking out business with my Classic, I just feel more confident

Posted via CB10
    My brain makes me feel confident but, hey, we're different. That's OK.
    03-20-16 06:17 PM
    Let you Brain play with an old flip phone and see how you feel? But hey.. it's ok

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 06:33 PM
    Depends on your perspective. Mine? No way.

Posted using my favorite BlackBerry of all time - Priv.
    03-20-16 08:32 PM
    Isn't Q20 a BlackBerry Classic?
    But according to many posts here one should not expect WhatsUp, now Facebook integration is going to vanish. If most commonly used social apps are going to cease to exist how could one say it's going to be a good comunication device?

Posted via CB10
    I've seen Blackberry Instagram Accounts based out of other countries Eastern Europe/Russia/Asia call it the Q20. Most call it the Classic. For Facebook go with Face 10 in BBW or type m.facebook.com into browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:12 PM
    If you strictly are into messaging and apps are not important to you than yes. Myself I got priv as I use different apps. Bb10 is perhaps still the best for messaging. It is simple and efficient os

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-22-16 09:22 AM
    Or by 'comunication device' you mean calls and sms?

Posted via CB10
    Include emails and that will complete the main functions of a communication device. Social media Apps are like side dressings of a hamburger.

 📱📶
    03-22-16 10:21 AM
    in answer to the original question YES. And they are not expensive, and they are not just for talking and texting and emailing. The only question is if the apps you need are (a) not on BlackBerry, and (b) needed to do your thing, i.e, wouldn't work fine on the browser.

As
    04-30-16 02:07 PM
    No. Not wise.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    04-30-16 09:25 PM
    You can buy a brand new BlackBerry Z10 in the box sealed for $120 on Amazon, I stocked up on 3 to go along with the 2 I already have because it's my favorite phone ever, I'm using the BlackBerry Priv now and love it but I'll always keep my 15 BlackBerry phones because I like them. I'm waiting on the Rome to hurry up so I can buy it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    04-30-16 09:57 PM
    I bought a passport about 6 weeks back and have no buyers remorse. I do wish that facebook and what's app wil continue to support the platform in some way

Passport is a smart looking device with a fab keyboard. It's my main work phone and I have a samsung for Uber etc

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 11:21 PM
    In short: no! I'm looking to buy a BlackBerry Passport SE and I'm only willing to buy a good conditioned secondhand one. Here in the UK they're asking for around �400 for a brand new handset, over-the-top pricing wise. In fact, if I had money to burn I wouldn't simply out of principle lol...

My main reasoning is that none of us know BlackBerry 10's future. I'm a man that enjoys to dabble in social media. One day, Face10 and Inst10 will cease to function, and I for one would feel sickened if I'd spent that kind of money on a soon-to-be obsolete OS.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    05-01-16 03:59 AM
    Don't forget email.
    I missed this thread the first time around.

My son gave me a pitying look when I asked for his email address. He only ever "speaks" on his phone when he calls me, the rest of the time he's using one of the many IM apps (available for all popular OSTM). Seems "young people" don't use email or speak on smartphones anymore... I wonder if that news has reached BB yet?
    05-01-16 04:17 AM
    I missed this thread the first time around.

My son gave me a pitying look when I asked for his email address. He only ever "speaks" on his phone when he calls me, the rest of the time he's using one of the many IM apps (available for all popular OSTM). Seems "young people" don't use email or speak on smartphones anymore... I wonder if that news has reached BB yet?
    Chen said that it runs the SMS!

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    JeepBB and MikeX74 like this.
    05-01-16 06:39 AM
79 1234