Not anymore. Maybe that was true for some cases and some time ago but Chrome and Safari just perform so much better with Javascript which will become more and more important overtime.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    I doubt. I have a friend using his latest tablet by Samsung and he was surprised how my Z10's browser performed well when we had a internet connection test where in fact we are connected to the same Wifi. Take note he is using a tablet while mine is just a phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 02:14 AM
    If you are the kind of person who value communication, efficiency and productivity. BlackBerry is for you. I assume you are referring to the Blackberry Passport when you say Q20. If you upgrade for this you will never go wrong. The phone is robust and on par with the iPhone 6 in terms of its specs. The phone is very innovative and futuristic with its mouse like keyboard and the design is totally unique and different. BUT if you want entertainment will different apps and games iOS and Android is for you. And by the way BlackBerry now has the capability to run android apps with its android runtime capability that no other OSes (windows or iOS or Symbian OS) can do

Posted via CB10
    Communication and efficiency? We communicate with lots of our customers now via facebook twitter and whatsapp, blackberry 10 is no longer efficient for that, hardly a business tool!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    Tabdus and GadgetTravel like this.
    03-17-16 02:34 AM
    The Classic is a good upgrade and very usefull for your communications needs. If you want to do lots of web surfing then get an android. The op's question is also one that people are asking of the legacy BB (specifically the Bold 9900) which I still use and find very effective as I use mainly the stock bb apps. I have also the BB priv and BB passport (ya, I am a techi so have a biased opinion). My 9900 is with me all the time, with the Classic as backup and my BB Priv for getting on the web (which is also backed up by my Windows 950XL and Nexus 5X. lol).
    03-17-16 03:50 AM
    Communication and efficiency? We communicate with lots of our customers now via facebook twitter and whatsapp, blackberry 10 is no longer efficient for that, hardly a business tool!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    Efficiency is not just about the use of different applications. It is how multi tasking is done on a smartphone. And by the way acces to Facebook is still efficiently done through the native app Face 10 by nemory studio or through the browser itself. And let me remind you that iOS and Android has no capability of integrating all accounts in one location " the Hub " by BlackBerry so if you will switch to Android or iOS the experience will be just the same to what happened with the Update of Facebook here in BlackBerry. You have to open the app to see what's happening. The main issue here is the Hub integration of Facebook that will be never possible after the update.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 03:51 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But so far the browser on BlackBerry is quite fast compared to iPhones and Android. #BasedOnMyExperience

Posted via CB10
    BB10 stock browser is junk. No JavaScript blocking or ad blocking. I use Browsie 99% of the time and the BB10 browser the 1% when I absolutely need JS to read a site properly.

Benchmark speeds don't mean squat when ads and other garbage slow it down to a crawl in real-life use.
    03-17-16 05:23 AM
    Or by 'comunication device' you mean calls and sms?

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget email.

*C5303
    JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    03-17-16 05:50 AM
    BB10 stock browser is junk. No JavaScript blocking or ad blocking. I use Browsie 99% of the time and the BB10 browser the 1% when I absolutely need JS to read a site properly.

Benchmark speeds don't mean squat when ads and other garbage slow it down to a crawl in real-life use.
    I guess you are not that familiar with the BB10 stock browser. It has the capability to block any cookies and the likes. And by the way it has the capability for you to have to browser functioning with its private browser functionality. It also has a reader mode capability of you want to read sites texts in full, AND you can open different sites without exiting the application. Unlike iPhones,once you open a new website you will be redirected and the previous site will be in exit.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 06:02 AM
    I'm quite familiar with it. I'm also familiar with two option boxes that Browsie has that stock browser doesn't:

Disable Javascript
    Enable Adblock

Those two checkboxes alone cut my data consumption by 60% month to month. That's not an exaggeration.

You give me yet another list of workarounds for BlackBerry shortcomings. No thank you.

And IOS has a gazillion functional 3rd party browsers. I never use Safari on my ipad.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    03-17-16 08:23 AM
    I'm quite familiar with it. I'm also familiar with two option boxes that Browsie has that stock browser doesn't:

Disable Javascript
    Enable Adblock

Those two checkboxes alone cut my data consumption by 60% month to month. That's not an exaggeration.

You give me yet another list of workarounds for BlackBerry shortcomings. No thank you.

And IOS has a gazillion functional 3rd party browsers. I never use Safari on my ipad.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Visiting the CrackBerry site once a day, is enough to save you that much data in a month.... if you can block all the scripts, images and ads.

But to the OP... NO! Cause there really is no way to know what the experience will be in 6 months, 12 months, 18 months or 24 months from now. Only thing you can count on is that it will only get worse.
    03-17-16 09:03 AM
    For lot of money? Not.
    For the fire prices they are available now? Q5 $49, q10 100-120, Z30 230 or original Passport for 330? Yup, worth every cent

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 09:31 AM
    But to the OP... NO! Cause there really is no way to know what the experience will be in 6 months, 12 months, 18 months or 24 months from now. Only thing you can count on is that it will only get worse.
    This is it, we knew that dwindling app support would be ahead of us. However, we didn't know that the loss of app support would be this rapid.

We cannot blame BlackBerry for the FB app as it's something that's out of their control (public API's going private) we can however blame them for WhatsApp deciding to pull the plug at the end of 2016. In fact, BlackBerry treated their native devs like dirt in the times when things were better for BB10, that and non-existent development roadmap . I'm surprised that Whatsapp held out this long in all honesty.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    03-17-16 01:11 PM
    This thread veered off-topic pretty fast

To answer the OP question, I would not buy any device until after the April news. BBRY is just fleecing the uninformed at this point and the used market is a gamble since a blowout of factory new devices could just be a few weeks away.
    03-17-16 02:19 PM
    If they do not announce a Priv with BB10 on 1st April, I will get another Passport from my carrier, best device I have ever had, and I know it can do all the things I need for the next 3-4 years, which includes the now appr. 60 apps which I am currently using.

Some diary apps from xlabz (apk from Amazon store) and a great eBook reader (apk from Google Play) are fantastic on the Passport.
    03-17-16 04:05 PM
    If they do not announce a Priv with BB10 on 1st April, I will get another Passport from my carrier, best device I have ever had, and I know it can do all the things I need for the next 3-4 years, which includes the now appr. 60 apps which I am currently using.

Some diary apps from xlabz (apk from Amazon store) and a great eBook reader (apk from Google Play) are fantastic on the Passport.
    You should order it now, so you'll already have it by april.
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    03-17-16 04:28 PM
    Regarding whatsapp on BB10... it worked so good on my Z10 and it really looked beautiful.
    Back to OP - just don't buy Z3 no matter how cheap it is.
    03-17-16 05:54 PM
    If you are the kind of person who value communication, efficiency and productivity. BlackBerry is for you. I assume you are referring to the Blackberry Passport when you say Q20. If you upgrade for this you will never go wrong. The phone is robust and on par with the iPhone 6 in terms of its specs. The phone is very innovative and futuristic with its mouse like keyboard and the design is totally unique and different. BUT if you want entertainment will different apps and games iOS and Android is for you. And by the way BlackBerry now has the capability to run android apps with its android runtime capability that no other OSes (windows or iOS or Symbian OS) can do

Posted via CB10
    You sound like these things aren't even available on an ANdroid device. I think its blatantly unfair to tell someone that only a BB device can be productive. Do you think my WORK is a game? My communication with my many family members as someone is extremely ill in the hospital is a game? I have spent DAYS working from my G4 exclusively, ordering, making payments, texting, talking, getting docs from Google Drive and sending them back to work when amended. YOU DO REALIZE OTHER PHONES CAN DO THIS??????

OP, make up your own mind and be a man about it. If you don't want to take a plunge then play it safe with your choice. ANY phone is as productive as the freaking owner.
    03-18-16 05:03 AM
    Productivity!!! To me this is defined by the end user and not the device itself, being in the automotive industry my entire life, productivity is the key to having a successful product or a failure. This is true not only at the design end, but also at the manufacturing end too. A smartphone is nothing more the an additional tool to aid in the productivity process and where once I seen nothing but Blackberry devices being used, now I see Android and IOS devices and guess what??? They haven't missed a beat on the productivity end folks!!!

In the end, choose a device that best fits you needs, as much as i loved OS10 and was one of the first folks to buy a z10 when it was launched here in the USA, my business and my clients require me to use apps which are the way folks get things done in todays high paced, multitasking business world and has forced me to move into Android and IOS devices whether I like it or not. I own a Priv along with a iPhone 6S and I haven't missed a beat on the productivity end.
    03-18-16 05:39 AM
    Hi,
    Like - I belive - many of you I'm a huge fan of BlackBerry devices. Saying BlackBerry devices I mean hardware AND BlackBerry OS. If I was to go for Android I would have plenty of manufacturers to choose from. Anyways, question I wanted to ask is do you think it is still a good idea to invest in buying BlackBerry q20? I use q10, I was thinking of switching to q20 hoping to keep it for years (I grew up from changing phones every now and then and I was hoping I Have found sth I would be able to use for many years). Reading news at Crackberry and reading your posts I start to wonder.
    Would you recommend me to go for it or wait and see (perhaps for sth with a shape and form of good old BlackBerry with a physical keyboard, no sliding mechanism and a trackpad but already with Android)

PS: OK, the Classic aka Q20 also has USB-OTG - if that's an absolute must have for you....
    Posted via CB10
    I can see your point.

But let's see at first what reason for you're gonna buy a new device? Cause - let's face it the "Q20" isn't a real upgrade to the phone you're already using. Its basically the same hardware, your gonna get a screen that's a little bigger, but still got the same resolution and therefore can't display more information than the Q10. So in fact the pixel density of the Q10 is higher. Then the camera, also the exact same type. The speaker might be even a liiiiittle better on the Q10 from what I've heard.

Then you're gonna get a little bigger battery on the Q20. OK, so you're gonna make it without charging the phone for a little longer. But if you're fine by now that's not really an upgrade. Especially since the Q10 let's you use spare batteries. This will become a thing if you're really willing to use your phone for long term. Q20's battery isn't removable - exchanging it, if the day should come isn't that easy. Think about that, especially if you're gonna buy a used Q20. The battery's gonna be already 1 year or so by then.

Then the OS is the exact same. If you're happy by now - fine (I'm, too). But don't expect a Classic / Q20 to really increase the life-time of the phone. It's not like on Android, where new devices mostly have longer support. All Apps / Updates on OS10 are gonna be there for all of the devices. If Apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, or any of those Android Apps won't work on your Q20 then they also won't work on a Q20. So no real bonus here in getting the Q20.

Considering the unpredictable future of OS10 - like when will break what app.... I don't think it's ever gonna be going better than today. You really should ask yourself if you wan't to go that way. If you're fine by now you could easily just wait and see how things will change.
    03-18-16 05:41 AM
    You sound like these things aren't even available on an ANdroid device. I think its blatantly unfair to tell someone that only a BB device can be productive. Do you think my WORK is a game? My communication with my many family members as someone is extremely ill in the hospital is a game? I have spent DAYS working from my G4 exclusively, ordering, making payments, texting, talking, getting docs from Google Drive and sending them back to work when amended. YOU DO REALIZE OTHER PHONES CAN DO THIS??????

OP, make up your own mind and be a man about it. If you don't want to take a plunge then play it safe with your choice. ANY phone is as productive as the freaking owner.
    Yeah any phone can be or could be productive BUT BlackBerry is emphasizing it more. Getting things done is much better in BlackBerry. We have to admit that people are so facinated with Android phones because of different applications to games it offers to think that we don't need all those apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 05:46 AM
    If you are looking at buying a Blackberry now it should be with the idea that you are buying a feature phone with good voice/sms/mms/email functionality and that is all.

A year from now app functionality to BB10 will be non existent as the runtime will be two generations behind the newest droid os. The Priv will likely suffer the same fate simply because it has sold so poorly.

Remember how quickly the Playbook browser depreciated after blackberry stopped updating that platform.
    03-18-16 05:54 AM
    why not spending on Blackberry devices you can hold in your hand and use for all your communication for years to come?
    Other people blow much more money on a weekend in Disneyland and go home empty handed.
    (well may with a Lollipop if they are lucky)
    And hey there are even people who spend even more money on a slapper in an hour.
    (and are happy not to catch gonorrhea or worth)
    at least a Blackberry device helps you through the day without to worry about anything.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-18-16 05:56 AM
    I don't think there will be any new devices coming so if anyone wanted a BlackBerry 10 OS device now, I would recommend them to buy second-hand through eBay or Kijiji. Same device at half the price usually.
    markus2107 likes this.
    03-18-16 10:10 AM
    I don't think there will be any new devices coming so if anyone wanted a BlackBerry 10 OS device now, I would recommend them to buy second-hand through eBay or Kijiji. Same device at half the price usually.
    no need for 2nd hand devices, Classic, Passport and Leap are still sold new from Blackberry shop, or even available through a carriers contract.
    Had my Passport a few weeks ago just by extending a existing contract for 1�, cheapest Passport ever.
    Its only stated by Blackberry that there would not be any new OS10 device "this" year in 2016!, but existing models are still available all year long, at least, after that, in year 2017 we may even see a smart surprise with a brand new up-to-date all OS10 device or may even two, who knows.

03-18-16 11:05 AM
    no need for 2nd hand devices, Classic, Passport and Leap are still sold new from Blackberry shop, or even available through a carriers contract.
    Had my Passport a few weeks ago just by extending a existing contract for 1€, cheapest Passport ever.
    Its only stated by Blackberry that there would not be any new OS10 device "this" year in 2016!, but existing models are still available all year long, at least, after that, in year 2017 we may even see a smart surprise with a brand new up-to-date all OS10 device or may even two, who knows.

As much as I'd love a new OS10 device; not "this" year dos not mean "but 2017". It simply means "not this year" and how it looks today it also means "not ever".

And why should I pay twice the price for a new device, when I can get a used phone in near mint condition for the half of the price? Even on contract - you simply pay monthly for it.
    03-18-16 01:43 PM
    Yeah any phone can be or could be productive BUT BlackBerry is emphasizing it more. Getting things done is much better in BlackBerry. We have to admit that people are so facinated with Android phones because of different applications to games it offers to think that we don't need all those apps.

Posted via CB10
    That means nothing really.
    03-18-16 11:12 PM
79 1234