First off, this is not a BlackBerry bashing thread - it's an affectionate thread for aficionados and anyone with a healthy love for BlackBerry!

The BlackBerry Storm is held out by many to be the worst handset BlackBerry ever released - a touchscreen you had to click released to combat the iPhone. However, I'm prompted to ask the question after powering up my wife's old 9860 and remembering how poor it was. The only proper full touch screen on the BBOS, the 9860 had a small screen - you had to be a gnat to type on it properly - and although it was capable in many ways, it offered very few of the advantages of the touchscreen generation of iPhones and Android at the time, or the BlackBerry advantages of it's bigger brother, the 9900.

Other possible 'worsts' off the top of my head could include the BlackBerry Style, Peal Flip, the first Tour (replaced only a few months later by a superior version, causing outrage amongst CrackBerry members at the time!).

So, which handset does your vote go to?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:19 AM
    All I can say is that I had a terrible run with my 99xxs. Both the 9900 and the 9930 bricked/nuked. It was the phone that got me to go to the Samsung Skyrocket and the iPhone 4S.
    03-30-14 09:22 AM
    Without a doubt the Pearl Flip was the worst BlackBerry ever!!

The phone was slow, buggy, and didn't have enough ram in it. That was it's main problem, it being under powered and lack of ram , coupled with a very slow processor. The build quality wasn't very good either and the battery life sucked too.

I hated selling those phones!! BlackBerry has certainly come a long way since those dark days.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:28 AM
    All I can say is that I had a terrible run with my 99xxs. Both the 9900 and the 9930 bricked/nuked. It was the phone that got me to go to the Samsung Skyrocket and the iPhone 4S.
    I agree. While the others were moving forward they still had their feet stuck in the mud. As we know it didn't work out well.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-30-14 09:31 AM
    I think the storm 2 was ahead of its time, I loved the device! If BlackBerry had the time and resources I would want them to try bb10 on the storm 2 but make it slimmer.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:34 AM
    The Storm was flawed for sure, but boy was it so much easier to type on it (esp after you taped a dime to the back of the battery) than the dammed torch 9860. Plus the torch had that issue with the back button failing (and people pouring alcohol on it to "clean it", etc.)

You'd think they really wanted to get rid of their user base...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-30-14 09:39 AM
    For me, the Storm & Storm II was terrible. I played with one, but never owned one.

Now the Pearl Flip, well why on earth did BlackBerry even bother?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    03-30-14 09:49 AM
    For me it would be the Pearl, followed by the Storm.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    blindman40 and kevinnugent like this.
    03-30-14 09:59 AM
    Definitely the Storm series.
    decoy7 likes this.
    03-30-14 10:00 AM
    Haha all this pearl flip hate. I have a mint condition black flip and love it. Elegant looking phone and music sounds great on it. Its crisp and make-your-ears-bleed loud. :P It's definitely NOT for anything more than calling, texting/emailing and using as a music player. Browsing is pull-your-hair-out slow, and not fun, even with Opera.
    03-30-14 10:02 AM
    I didn't have any bad experiences with either of my blackberries, since with the help of the how to's area of the forums, I figured out to wipe and reload every few months to keep it in top shape, regardless what device (pearl 8130, bold 9700, bold 9900, even Q10 now) I had/currently have. Right now i'm giving the Q10 a break and using the bold 9900, it's quite speedy nonetheless, though BIS is a bit slow, it allows me to somehow circumvent my carrier's throttling since I went way past 5GB already. It's quite the handy device I must say, since I keep it with me almost all the time, it is the perfect companion to any BB10 device. If you wonder, I did do a bluetooth transfer of a video between devices that took over a few hours at most, while going from place to place. It was more handier than pulling the battery to get the card out and then to do the same thing to put it back in.
    03-30-14 10:04 AM
    Storm is the worst one I have ever seen. This does not mean there are not ones even worse than the Storm.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:07 AM

why would they release an awesome curve, then right after release a curve that sucked more than a black hole.
    03-30-14 10:10 AM
    I have had no BlackBerry phone that I can say was the worst phone ever. One of my kids uses my old 9860 "all touch" phone as an emergency phone, presently. I guess you can say I am a very easy guy to please because I truly believe that there is no perfect phone out there, so I accept or tolerate imperfections.
    3Dee and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    03-30-14 10:30 AM
    Tough to choose just one unfortunately, there have been some stinkers in their day, mostly from BBOS 5 onwards.

The finalists for me are:

The original Storm (needn't say why).

The Curve 8520 with its 'previous generation' 2G spec launched in to a 3G world it was frustratingly slow to use.

The Pearl 3G again had a 'previous generation' feel being the candy bar form factor launched in to a burgeoning widescreen full touch world. The screen was just too small for what I wanted from a Smartphone.

The Curve 9360 had pathetic battery life. What's the point of a Smartphone that dies after a couple of hours if you dare to actually use it?

The full touch Torch 9860 had so much potential ruined by unfixed software and hardware bugs such as the screen orientation locking itself on landscape and refusing to change back to portrait without a battery pull. Every. Freaking. Day. Not to mention the terrible lag. I "upgraded" to one from a full touch Curve 9380 thinking I was getting a superior version of what I already had. It should have been superior but it just wasn't, it even used the same puny battery so battery life was worse.

And the WINNER is:

Torch 9860.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 03-30-14 at 11:07 AM.
    3Dee likes this.
    03-30-14 10:38 AM
    I bought the Storm 1 the day it launched and while it had some problems, BlackBerry worked out the kinks with subsequent updates and it became a good phone. I don't think it deserves the bad reputation it has, and if it does, the Storm 1 should have it (not the Storm 2).

I talked several of my friends and family into getting Storm 2s and they all loved them. My dad in particular had his Storm 2 for years until it died. He's now rocking a Z30 and he loves it.

For the worse BlackBerry phone, I'd have to say the Style holds the crown. My wife had one and it was awful.

Blackberry Z10: STL100-3, OS 10.2.1.537
    3Dee likes this.
    03-30-14 10:46 AM
    Curve 8530 w/out a doubt. That phone drove me crazy, have to do a battery pull constantly.
    03-30-14 10:52 AM
    BlackBerry storm

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:16 AM
    Hmmm, interesting thread......
    03-30-14 11:19 AM
    The Pearl flip model, screen was two small and had to many software bugs. I remember when it came out, I just had to have one.

After a month with the device, I wanted to throw it out the car window on a crowded street.

Send from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    Ben1232 likes this.
    03-30-14 11:55 AM
    Storm 1 for me, although it cleaned up pretty good after a Digicel update. It was so bad that at the Verizon store at the time within 5 minutes I was outta there real fast. A couple years later I bought a nos from amazon and it was almost as bad until I got some free data in Antigua and they pushed an update. After that it was very sevicable, so much so I switched to Storm 2s as my road beaters. I never had any major problems with those, and not many minor problems.either. The secret? Factory unlocked and not a.lot of 3rd party apps. I still have an S2 as backup for my Z10.
    03-30-14 01:04 PM
    I just asked my missus this same question, her answer is: BlackBerry Pearl
    03-30-14 01:44 PM
    The Curve 9300
    By God did I hate that phone. Got it as a replacement from my trusty 8520 thinking that it would be superior with the 3G. Boy was I wrong. Thing leaked memory to the point that I couldn't even install apps anymore no matter what I did. Deleted all preloads that could be deleted and cleared the memory every 6 hours, still couldn't do rats with it.
    Before I got rid of it it used to be hourglass time every 2-3 hours. Only a battery pull could get it back up and running and that would result in a looot shorter battery life.
    Browser stopped working after 3 days of using it and nothing got it back up and running. No amount of OS reloads, wipes, browser settings tricks, nothing. Used Opera Mini till the day I got my Z10.
    Battery was however slightly better than my 8520. My 8520 is now fixed and still runs awesomely in use as a music player/social media backup device despite its 5 year usage and the 9300 went to a charity after I got my Z. Couldn't stand it anymore.

Gotta say that the 8520 build quality certainly wasn't the best. Every 8520 owner I know that passed a year with the device lost its convenience and volume keys. Even the top music player keys. The rubber just falls off, even if you use a case on the device. Other than that it was a fairly good phone for its time.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:50 PM
    The Curve 9300
    By God did I hate that phone.
    Posted via CB10
    I often wondered what the 9300 was like to live with, I only ever used one for an hour or so.

Sounds exactly like my experience of BBOS 7 Curves and here was me thinking that the software rot started there.

Seems it started with BBOS 6, a version I largely skipped over other than a few hours with one now and again, never used it on a daily phone.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 03-31-14 at 09:17 PM.
    03-30-14 04:19 PM
    I'd have to go with the storm I had nothing but issues with it.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    03-30-14 04:58 PM
59 123