Hey hope all is well.

After reading a few threads and viewing some concepts,
    I am truly worried about where the design on the new Blackberry Smartphone will end up.
    I am NOT big on the idea of a slide phone. They are just terrible. They are OVER-designed
    and create a "immaturity" to the ever-lasting classic Blackberry (Its like a sidekick).
    We all know that the "Blackberry" which was once a everyday item, it now a niche market who should cater to the dedicated. Dont
    get me wrong, we need to reach out to the newer buyer/market, which can totally be done through
    hardware AND software design details.

I know there is a huge opinion on the return of the track pad, which honestly I could take it or leave it.
    Somehow there is a way to merge the design opinions such as a digital track-Worried about new BlackBerry designs-251263d1393473528t-imagining-blackberry-10-device-legacy-os-navigation-function-buttons-brianlan.jpgpad, or a more minimalist route
    to the physicality of it.

The keyboard must stay.... hands down.
    If you want full touch screen, just switch to a Android.

I have a sample of the design i did a while back and am going to re-post it.

I want to anticipate a awesome new phone, not another Z10.
    I want to proudly say I am waiting in a line to get the the new BB due to its
    awesome classic-new design and ability to stand up to the droids.

There HAS TO BE some way we can all meet in the middle.
    We need to merge the sleek design of today, with the everlasting functionality of
    the Blackberry.
    03-16-14 06:47 PM
    I disagree. I want to see an upgrade to the z10

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74, KDB84, mode_m and 2 others like this.
    03-16-14 06:50 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	251263d1393473528t-imagining-blackberry-10-device-legacy-os-navigation-function-buttons-brianlan.jpg 
Views:	5375 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	255731
    I want that phone!
    I am not a fan of sliding keyboards neither, but I could understand if Blackberry were to propose one.
    For the full touch phone it would be a huge mistake to leave it to the competition as Z30 is clearly an awesome device and all my friends with Android phones do appreciate the elegance, fluidity and efficiency of BB10.
    But imho your maximised Q is the way to go (from 3.1" to 3.5" is a poor improvement, I wish they'd chosen at least a 4" for the next generation)

Posted via CB10
    brianhlane and daveycrocket like this.
    03-16-14 07:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I loved my previous QWERTY BlackBerry devices and honestly was a bit leery when switching to the z. Now, I would not go back to a physical keyboard device. I'll stick with BlackBerry but I much rather the virtual keyboard.

Z10
    03-16-14 07:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! The Z10 is the perfect size imo
    But I guess we won't see one like this again, seeing as the trend is going towards bigger phones and that when it's bigger they can include bigger batteries and such

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 08:09 PM
    I like both but i do like the virtual keyboard better

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:10 PM
    How can you want something to stand up to Android and state that BlackBerry should leave the all-touch experience to Android?

For me, the Blackberry 10 experience is a lot more enjoyable on a Z-series device than it is on a Q-series device. What people use their phones for has changed and for media and gaming consumption nothing beats full touch. Even for productivity, I find apps like Documents to Go so much more engaging on my Z30 where I have the screen real estate to create and view my documents unimpeded. Especially spreadsheets.

There needs to be all-touch BlackBerry's. You can't remain relevant today without that option, and it's not as if BlackBerry sucks at all-touch. In fact, they do it pretty great. The Z10's issues weren't the experience, it was marketing.

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    Jerale likes this.
    03-16-14 10:17 PM
    The keyboard must stay.... hands down.
    WHAT?
    I love this design with the Keyboard, and would probably make some healthy sales. But that's about it, BlackBerry needs to offer CHOICE and in this case, will continue to offer Full Touch Screened Smart Phones.

So meeting in the middle is quite simple.
    The Z10 via a physical keyboard.
    The Q30 to take over the Q10.
    The Z50 to take over the Z30.
    The Q15 to take over the Q5
    The Q20 to appease Track Ball Lovers. (Depending on Sales, a Q40 perhaps as a replacement)
    The Z20 to replace the Z10.

This is called CHOICE, and targeting the low/mid/high physical & full touch customer/enterprise markets. Quite simple.
    03-17-14 03:09 AM
    this is a good concept but not great
    03-17-14 04:20 AM
    Hey hope all is well.
    There are people out there, who have problems whith Android, created by an advertising company - and these people want full touch screen devices too.
    03-17-14 04:49 AM
    There needs to be all-touch BlackBerry's. You can't remain relevant today without that option, and it's not as if BlackBerry sucks at all-touch. In fact, they do it pretty great. The Z10's issues weren't the experience, it was marketing.

Response crafted in seconds on a Z30
    You're so right. There does need to be an all touch BlackBerry. I don't think they can succeed without one. And the Z10 is a solid device.

Unfortunately, the Z10's issues were the devices and the OS, not just marketing. Both were mediocre at best. The device was released ridiculously late and wasn't competitive with other devices released at the time. The OS should have been where is it now with 10.2.1.

The Z10 over promised and under delivered. Fortunately, the Z10 is a solid foundation to build on going forward.

BlackBerry and Chen seem to have realized their past errors and can now move forward and address them. Blaming marketing isn't the key to future success.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    03-19-14 11:33 AM
    You're so right. There does need to be an all touch BlackBerry. I don't think they can succeed without one. And the Z10 is a solid device.

Unfortunately, the Z10's issues were the devices and the OS, not just marketing. Both were mediocre at best. The device was released ridiculously late and wasn't competitive with other devices released at the time. The OS should have been where is it now with 10.2.1.

The Z10 over promised and under delivered. Fortunately, the Z10 is a solid foundation to build on going forward.

BlackBerry and Chen seem to have realized their past errors and can now move forward and address them. Blaming marketing isn't the key to future success.

How is the Z10 a good foundation ? 4 inch phones that are not iphones are bargain bin starter phones. Even the Z3 has a 5 inch screen.
    03-19-14 11:36 PM
    "The keyboard must stay.... hands down.
    If you want full touch screen, just switch to a Android."

Excuse me? The keyboard on my z30 rocks the virtual keyboard is much better and you know it. you just don't want to admit it

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    03-19-14 11:57 PM
    How is the Z10 a good foundation ? 4 inch phones that are not iphones are bargain bin starter phones. Even the Z3 has a 5 inch screen.
    I'm not suggesting that it be the same size as the Z10, but it is a base on which they can build.

03-20-14 05:27 AM
    There are people out there, who have problems whith Android, created by an advertising company - and these people want full touch screen devices too.
    That's a great plan. Get even more people to leave BlackBerry and send it further into irrelevance.

So glad that Chen is in charge and not you.

Istvan Szabo likes this.
    03-20-14 05:30 AM
    That's a great plan. Get even more people to leave BlackBerry and send it further into irrelevance.

So glad that Chen is in charge and not you.
    I think you might have misunderstood the poster you quoted. (Unless I did!)
    He was saying there are users who want full touchscreen but don't want anything to do with Google, so so BB should be an option for them... so long as there's a full touchscreen BB10 device, of course.
    03-21-14 06:23 AM
    Prefer square angles sorry

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:20 AM
    I think you might have misunderstood the poster you quoted. (Unless I did!)
    He was saying there are users who want full touchscreen but don't want anything to do with Google, so so BB should be an option for them... so long as there's a full touchscreen BB10 device, of course.
    Oh well if that's what he's saying then I agree!

03-21-14 01:38 PM
    The full touch screen was actually a very good idea. A lot of people came to BlackBerry because of this.
    I personally would never noticed BlackBerry without the Z10.
    The Z10 made me buy a BlackBerry and I think that I am not the only one.
    Even more, maybe the lack of fullscreen devices was the major cause of loosing the market share for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    03-21-14 03:16 PM
    How is the z10 mediocre? It's a phenomenal product!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 05:20 PM
    People. BlackBerry has been doing both the keyboard and full touch screen. I could take or leave the tool belt but like the full keyboard and from BlackBerry direction Q10 will be upgraded as the Q20 will do. Z10 will be upgraded as well. Concepts and ideas inspire BlackBerry and they do look to customers and Crackberry as we gave seen in done if our complains ideas and needs

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 05:21 AM
    How is the z10 mediocre? It's a phenomenal product!

Posted via CB10
    And that's why it has sold so well?

How isn't it mediocre? Come on even Chen has finally admitted that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

03-22-14 07:42 AM
    For some reason, things are complicated when it comes to BlackBerry and design... to solve everything they should have had the Z10 as the all touch, the Z10 with a physical keyboard and then the Q5 for those that love their small phones.
    03-22-14 02:56 PM
    If the Z10 had a better battery and the OS was where it is now, we wouldn't be here.... There were too many reasons critics said don't jump on their new phones just yet.

I enjoy my Z10, yes it has flaws but it also has potential if BlackBerry does something fabulous with 10.3

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-22-14 06:48 PM
    "The keyboard must stay.... hands down.
    If you want full touch screen, just switch to a Android."

I highly disagree with this statement. I do not want an android anything.

I want a full touch BlackBerry. I had a Z10, the fastest and best device I ever used until I picked up a Z30.

BlackBerry must keep both full touch and keypad. They need high end and low end qwerty and full touch devices. And when it comes to all touch, a larger and smaller model are required.

I'd say, IMHO, that 6 devices, qwerty high end/low end, Z10 size high end/low end and Z30 size high end/ low end are all quite doable.

I'd also say, sit back and watch.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 07:18 PM
34 12