Ok Ok.. we can just settle this with a friendly semi final game of Junior Hockey. Canada and USA playing tomorrow morning @3:30 am(in about 6 hours). Winning team is from the better country Problem solved!
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-02-13 08:32 PM
    What?
    rrrrrroooh? I said the same......and as for trend setters? hmmm debatable. Oftentimes the things Americans claim as their actually was taken there or was 'borrowed' from elsewhere........Rap music is one-but that's a tale for another time
    01-02-13 08:34 PM
    I'm originally from Ketchikan, Alaska and we go through BC and get on the ferry at Prince Rupert about every other summer....we LOVE Canada. Friendliest place anywhere.....we once broke down, and a local dealership STAYED OPEN LATE just for us....the mechanic even volunteered his off-the-clock time to put in a fuel pump...obviously we paid him anyway, though we appreciated the sentiment. Then, we had vehicle troubles AGAIN, but this time on our way home in the states....went by a American dealership and were promptly told to "f off....we open at 8 in the morning....guess you'll have to find a hotel."
    I am often somewhat tickled by the look on some Canadian faces when I ask, "So would you ever consider moving to the states?" LOL....it's priceless
    About 10 years ago, any Canadian would move to USA without hesitation. We had a brain drain and it was a big concern. Now, we're just interested in buying some American property and renting it out (eg. Nevada, Florida). It was all Bush's fault, we would have never voted for the guy..
    01-02-13 08:41 PM
    rrrrrroooh? I said the same......and as for trend setters? hmmm debatable. Oftentimes the things Americans claim as their actually was taken there or was 'borrowed' from elsewhere........Rap music is one-but that's a tale for another time
    Depends, on who you ask...I can make the argument that James brown had a huge influence on the creation of hip hop, however my West Indian blood will not allow that. It's no secret that we brought our sound from the islands...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    01-02-13 08:42 PM
    With snarky xenophobic comments starting to appear this thread is well on the way to getting closed. Clean it up before the big stick gets used!
    immovablesoup likes this.
    01-02-13 08:44 PM
    i closed it since the OP requested it.
    SirJes likes this.
    01-02-13 08:50 PM
56 123