01-02-13 08:50 PM
56 123
tools
    Ive gotten tired of people acting like USA is the only place in the world and they use it in ways that says "if something isn't popular in north america, its irrelevant"

I liked this article found it very interesting and it clears up that thought above.

BlackBerry 10: RIM Still A Heavy Hitter In Asia As Launch Of New Phone Looms

To bad recent stats nationwide don't agree with you and show that RIM is dropping down in quantum leaps.through the ultrasystem.

The NA market (not just U.S.) is where most of the profit for RIM comes from. Which makes it harder for RIM to have much footholds and advertising elsewhere. RIM in no territory is a leader at all.
    01-02-13 05:24 PM
    It may not be perfect but I sure like it here.
    MADBRADNYC, JR A and Blacklatino like this.
    01-02-13 05:50 PM
    I'm originally from Ketchikan, Alaska and we go through BC and get on the ferry at Prince Rupert about every other summer....we LOVE Canada. Friendliest place anywhere.....we once broke down, and a local dealership STAYED OPEN LATE just for us....the mechanic even volunteered his off-the-clock time to put in a fuel pump...obviously we paid him anyway, though we appreciated the sentiment. Then, we had vehicle troubles AGAIN, but this time on our way home in the states....went by a American dealership and were promptly told to "f off....we open at 8 in the morning....guess you'll have to find a hotel."
    I am often somewhat tickled by the look on some Canadian faces when I ask, "So would you ever consider moving to the states?" LOL....it's priceless
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-02-13 06:04 PM
    It also helps if hou have an extensive criminal record and have possibly been deported once or twice already from Canada. This will ensure your expedient welcome and immediate access to free healthcare. You can also bring along everyone you ever met in your life and claim them as dependants to ensure you get free housing and welfare for the rest of your life while you train repeatedly for a myriad of jobs you have no intention of ever holding, whilst all your dependants procreate to keep the cycle of life going strong.

I think you have to supply your own Playbook though.
    Sweet.....so, basically just like every trailer park in the US? Well, except instead of "your own PB" though, obviously here it's an iPad.....oh, and Xbox....and 60 inch television in an 8 x8 "living room."
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-02-13 06:11 PM
    I'm originally from Ketchikan, Alaska and we go through BC and get on the ferry at Prince Rupert about every other summer....we LOVE Canada. Friendliest place anywhere.....we once broke down, and a local dealership STAYED OPEN LATE just for us....the mechanic even volunteered his off-the-clock time to put in a fuel pump...obviously we paid him anyway, though we appreciated the sentiment. Then, we had vehicle troubles AGAIN, but this time on our way home in the states....went by a American dealership and were promptly told to "f off....we open at 8 in the morning....guess you'll have to find a hotel."
    I am often somewhat tickled by the look on some Canadian faces when I ask, "So would you ever consider moving to the states?" LOL....it's priceless
    What is this? Comparing one place with one bad mechanic and it equals the whole United States?

I guess all Canadians are terrorists then after that bombing not too long ago.
    JR A likes this.
    01-02-13 06:17 PM
    It may not be perfect but I sure like it here.
    +1. With all it's faults....
    God Bless it!!!
    01-02-13 06:27 PM
    For goodness sake mods, shut this down.
    01-02-13 06:47 PM
    lol it seems to be fairly civil so far
    robtanz and MADBRADNYC like this.
    01-02-13 06:54 PM
    I agree..the comment about the Cheesecake Factory was too much....
    01-02-13 07:00 PM
    lol it seems to be fairly civil so far
    As a redblooded Englishman I don't see why we have to have all this bickering. Why on earth can't we all just get along.
    01-02-13 07:06 PM
    I agree..the comment about the Cheesecake Factory was too much....
    LOL.......
    01-02-13 07:09 PM
    Ive gotten tired of people acting like USA is the only place in the world and they use it in ways that says "if something isn't popular in north america, its irrelevant"
    The glaring flaw in this opening statement, is your assumption that "North America" (a continent) equates to the USA. Last I checked... The USA isn't the only country in the continent.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via TapaTalk.
    01-02-13 07:16 PM
    Cynycl ...you are just too cynical for your own good.
    01-02-13 07:20 PM
    Proud of being from the USA, but not negative on other countries either. I like Canada and several European countries a lot and would gladly live there if necessary.

I don't like the attacks or petty comments. No sense in being contemptuous or mean! The US is a great country, but certainly not the only great one.

The US GDP is $15 trillion, which is larger than the next 3 countries combined. That is partially why it is so important for many products. Many trends are also set in the USA.

You don't have to like it, but is the way things are.
    JR A likes this.
    01-02-13 07:40 PM
    Proud of being from the USA, but not negative on other countries either. I like Canada and several European countries a lot and would gladly live there if necessary.

I don't like the attacks or petty comments. No sense in being contemptuous or mean! The US is a great country, but certainly not the only great one.

The US GDP is $15 trillion, which is larger than the next 3 countries combined. That is partially why it is so important for many products. Many trends are also set in the USA.

You don't have to like it, but is the way things are.
    Yes, good post. So let's all work together for a great new year and the success of BB10. Happy New Year from the UK.
    JR A and BB12MX like this.
    01-02-13 07:55 PM
    There is no country so great that it does not have some bad people.

And there is no country so bad that it does not have some good people.

That being said North America (and largely in part to the US), is a trend-setter, with LOTS of purchasing power.
    SirJes likes this.
    01-02-13 08:00 PM
    Also The UK is not England only :P i hate it when you say you're from the UK and people are like England? -_- also i agree with you, its like America isn't the best country in the world, it has very high gun crime and not very good education so i don't think you're that great :P sorry if i offended anyone!

Sent from my 9900!
    01-02-13 08:01 PM
    Where in my opening statement did i come off as i don't like USA? ...Its a nice place, im a traveler and i love travel, one of the best places i been to.
    I dont understand how this turned to a competition, i was stating that i dont like how PEOPLE act like if something isnt popular in USA it makes it irrelevant...
    GLAD TO SEE SOME PEOPLE UNDERSTOOD WHAT THE POST WAS ABOUT!
    01-02-13 08:05 PM
    Mods pls end our agony. Be merciful. Close it down.
    01-02-13 08:06 PM
    Also The UK is not England only :P i hate it when you say you're from the UK and people are like England? -_- also i agree with you, its like America isn't the best country in the world, it has very high gun crime and not very good education so i don't think you're that great :P sorry if i offended anyone!

Sent from my 9900!
    The UK consists of 4 countries sunshine. I just happen to live in England. Sorry if I offended you!
    01-02-13 08:06 PM
    Agree that a couple incidents might not represent a general trend. But what was the "bombing" that you referred to?
    01-02-13 08:10 PM
    Mods pls end our agony. Be merciful. Close it down.
    Yes. shut it down. Its getting silly now.
    01-02-13 08:12 PM
    I opened the thread and ill agree that it should be shut down, i dont understand how it turned into a hate thread
    01-02-13 08:15 PM
    I would agree that the North American market is not indicative of the global smartphone market. That being said, I think it can be used as an indicator of sorts for the potential future and success of a platform in other parts of the world.
    mikeo007 and SirJes like this.
    01-02-13 08:23 PM
    I would agree that the North American market is not indicative of the global smartphone market. That being said, I think it can be used as an indicator of sorts for the potential future and success of a platform in other parts of the world.
    One of the sensible posts in here
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-02-13 08:30 PM
56 123