How do I get a microsoft word document to my blackberry and what program would i need to install to be able to read that document on my berry
    12-20-08 08:29 AM
    You need Documents to Go, and the way I put my documents on the phone is through the desktop manager.
    12-20-08 08:56 AM
    Without any 3rd party software, the only way to view word documents on your berry is to email them to yourself and then open the attachment.

If you need more than that, then as threefortyduster said, you can use Documents to Go. There are other solutions, but that's what I use too, and the basic version is included with OS 4.5.

I use mass storage mode to get the files onto my berry.
    12-20-08 09:03 AM
    If for some reason you can't/won't upgrade to OS 4.5 (needed for Docs 2 Go), you can get a Gmail account and use Google Docs. There's a mobile app for it, you just have to upload the document to your Gmail account via your PC and you can then access it on your BB with a very small-footprint app. Do a forum search for Google Mobile Apps if you're interested.
    12-20-08 09:46 AM
    If for some reason you can't/won't upgrade to OS 4.5 (needed for Docs 2 Go), you can get a Gmail account and use Google Docs. There's a mobile app for it, you just have to upload the document to your Gmail account via your PC and you can then access it on your BB with a very small-footprint app. Do a forum search for Google Mobile Apps if you're interested.
    Yeah, but you can't edit documents on Google Docs. Quite a heartbreaker for me.
    12-20-08 09:51 AM
    Yeah, but you can't edit documents on Google Docs. Quite a heartbreaker for me.
    Yeah, definitely a downer, but the OP specified "read" so I figured I'd throw it out there.
    12-20-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD