Well if you are afraid of accidentally closing out of the phone active frame while on a call shouldn't you be just as afraid of pressing the on screen end button on any other device.
    Yes, absolutely. I was more hung up on justifying a suggestion that I liked/agreed with and ended up trying to learn about the device and the way it functions.
    02-20-13 01:24 PM
    It's better then I thought. Just tried it. If you are in a call and close the phone app's active frame the call still continues. You see the elapsed call time underneath the phone icon on the home screen and you can tap it to reopen the call app.
    AWESOME!! Thanks!
    02-20-13 01:25 PM
    Edit: there is a bit more to it though. Its not that we don't want one. But I have apps that have been rejected by the appworld team for having an exit button and many apis do not have an exit method.

If these guys got an app in with an exit button - and it does happen - its by luck or by being a big enough app bbry didn't fight them.

But when appworld takes 3-4 weeks to reject an app and request you resubmit without the button - its very difficult unless as a developer you don't care if the app gets approved.

I have a few apps that snuck through with am exit button. But they were free ones I didn't care if they complained about. I also have 10 or so freebies they refused for stuff like this I never 'fixed' and resubmitted - because they are free cross plqtformers and I don't care much if bbry wants to reject em.

But If I have a commercial app - I can't take that risk. I know its a nice to have, but I have so many battles with bbry over approvals that the exit/off button isn't worth fighting them over at the moment... I think they have a history of losing their customer needs but I have no influence with bbry over stuff. The entire support and sustainment model is not designed well I think. But they do their own thing.

via Tapatalk
    Superfly_FR and Toodeurep like this.
    02-21-13 10:18 PM
    As I recently discovered in an app I just bought (Photo X Pro) you can easily put an Off button on your app's home screen to turn the app off directly instead of swiping up and pressing X. That is great for multitasking but in some cases you want to turn the app off directly and this would save us a few steps.

What do you say? Can you do it?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    100% doable in any Webworks app (as simple as "blackberry.app.exit()").
    Present in my app menu, not directly on main screen, as I thought it'll violate UI guidelines. In fact, I'm even wondering if it's not why my app is still not validated yet ...

edit: after I read most of this thread, I'm just questionning : why is this function implemented/enabled (I mean not "state (read) only") if BB doesn't want we use it ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-22-13 at 03:31 AM.
    02-22-13 03:06 AM
    I wonder how firm they would stand? It is proven that some apps have/utilize "exit" buttons. And as I mentioned before, I couldn't find where it said "no exit buttons". Mike007 found a note at the bottom of a page under "Best Practices" but it still doesn't express this as a disqualifying condition.

I agree with KermEd, it probably depends on BBs desire to have the app and a risk taken on part of the developer.
    Attached Thumbnails Word to developers, please implement an Off buton-2013-02-22-06_21_59-ui-guidelines-black_berry_10.png  
    02-22-13 05:28 AM
    I'd understand with apps that serve a purpose in active frame state but with some when you're back on the home screen you're done, next step is just to close it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 05:31 AM
    I'd understand with apps that serve a purpose in active frame state but with some when you're back on the home screen you're done, next step is just to close it.
    Well, looks like the exit capability is not a criteria to eligibility. I believe this is the fact to put it right on the screen that is.
    See my screen capture here; I offer a quit, but within the compliant menu, so that it is a "2 taps" against "1 swipe and 1 tap". I see it more like a "you can do it "old style" than a real interface usage 'enhancement'.
    Word to developers, please implement an Off buton-img_00000012.jpg
    P.S: the tag will lead you to BlackBerry World if you want to give my app a try
    Attached Thumbnails Word to developers, please implement an Off buton-thumbsmadnessfreetag.png  
    02-25-13 02:38 AM
    Well, looks like the exit capability is not a criteria to eligibility. I believe this is the fact to put it right on the screen that is.
    See my screen capture here; I offer a quit, but within the compliant menu, so that it is a "2 taps" against "1 swipe and 1 tap". I see it more like a "you can do it "old style" than a real interface usage 'enhancement'.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000012.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	137720
    P.S: the tag will lead you to BlackBerry World if you want to give my app a try
    It works good on the game. It still stays an active frame if you swipe up.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-25-13 04:08 AM
    It works good on the game. It still stays an active frame if you swipe up.
    Sure, I wanted to offer both options

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:57 PM
    No Off button??? Man, BB10 should have come with one of these:

Word to developers, please implement an Off buton-easy-button-s800x800.jpg
    KermEd likes this.
    02-28-13 10:20 PM
110 ... 345