yeah so i just got my blackberry 8330 curve back from my mom and it wont charge its stays on a white screen with a battery and a lightening bolt when i have it plug in. i charged it for about 5 hours and then i unplug it and the red light comes on at the top for a few then shuts off. i try to turn on and its flashes then back off
    06-17-10 09:18 AM
    Are you using the USB charger or the OEM (that's the one from the box, NOT one you bought from ebay), that plugs in to the wall? Try the wall charger, sounds like the battery is completely dead and the USB charger just won't work, could also mean the battery itself is a gonner, BUT try the wall charger first. Also reseat the battery, and make sure the metal contacts are clear of dust.
    06-17-10 09:30 AM
    im using a usb charger and i dont have the one that came with the phone but my friends wall charger fits too and it does the samething.
    06-17-10 09:32 AM
    Plug the device into the charger, with the battery out. When that screen shows, insert the battery. The device should then reboot and charge. Let it charge fully, and you should be good to go.

If this does not work, you may have a battery that has gone bad, and needs to be replaced.
    06-17-10 09:43 AM
    hi safarrah,

That screen means that your bb is not able to detect a battery. You'll probably have to get a new one.
    06-17-10 10:54 AM
    Try another USB port, some have lower voltage. I would try using ones on the back, not the sides (usually hubs).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 08:29 PM
    This has happened to my phone so all i need to do is pick up a new battery ?
    08-19-12 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD