11-19-10 06:14 AM
    Doubt RIM was affected since most of all traffic goes through NOC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 08:49 PM
    If the Chinese wanted to hack RIM, trust me... they probably could. Everything is hackable if you try hard enough... even a Blackberry. I'm a firm believer in this... no one's done it because they don't have a good enough reason to waste their time doing it. Why waste your tallents to hack a handset to win money in a "hack me" contest when you can do it secretly to steal information that will bring you many times more money depending on what you're stealing.
    K Bear and avt123 like this.
    11-20-10 11:26 PM
    If the Chinese wanted to hack RIM, trust me... they probably could. Everything is hackable if you try hard enough... even a Blackberry. I'm a firm believer in this... no one's done it because they don't have a good enough reason to waste their time doing it. Why waste your tallents to hack a handset to win money in a "hack me" contest when you can do it secretly to steal information that will bring you many times more money depending on what you're stealing.
    Exactly and nothing further.

Thnx, Tripster

11-20-10 11:33 PM
    Completely agreed. I do not doubt the Chinese. If they wanted to take down RIMs NOC, I think they could.
    11-21-10 01:56 PM
    US govt sites have been the target of hackers for years. They are probably easier to hack than RIMs systems.

11-23-10 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD