I'm on Vodafone UK and my emails are hosted with 1and1.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 03-01-14 at 02:21 PM.
    03-01-14 02:08 PM
    Curious to know OP, are your personal devices on the same carrier as your work phone?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Verizon Wireless. Work Q10 run by IT Admin through BES. Personal Z30 and Q10 also on VZW. Z30 HUB went crazy. Switched to Q10. Reset Z30 to factory settings and loaded old backup. Switched back to Z30 and was working fine, but forgot and left Q10 on after switching so was connected to wireless. Woke up and HUB wiped on both phones. Z30 was connected to network and wifi and Q10 to wifi only. Makes no sense. Just can't rely on BBRY right now

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 03:35 PM
    Yes. Verizon Wireless. Work Q10 run by IT Admin through BES. Personal Z30 and Q10 also on VZW. Z30 HUB went crazy. Switched to Q10. Reset Z30 to factory settings and loaded old backup. Switched back to Z30 and was working fine, but forgot and left Q10 on after switching so was connected to wireless. Woke up and HUB wiped on both phones. Z30 was connected to network and wifi and Q10 to wifi only. Makes no sense. Just can't rely on BBRY right now

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info, I understand and truly empathize, I am extremely concerned about this issue. I am also trying to have my IT department contact BlackBerry to see if it's an issue that's widespread and if there is a fix, as I said it hasn't occurred on our devices but I am now very wary, as you aren't the only person with the problem reporting here.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-01-14 04:01 PM
    Thanks for the info, I understand and truly empathize, I am extremely concerned about this issue. I am also trying to have my IT department contact BlackBerry to see if it's an issue that's widespread and if there is a fix, as I said it hasn't occurred on our devices but I am now very wary, as you aren't the only person with the problem reporting here.

Posted via CB10
    Although it's terrible what happened to the OP, I would not consider this widespread. I've only seen a handful of people bring this up.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 04:29 PM
    Well It's an issue I don't have with imap mail on Android kitkat. The idea that I could delete an email and not recover via the deleted email folder is such a crappy "feature".

I already pointed-out that that is a known issue and pointed to the BlackBerry knowledgebase article on it.

If you prefer to keep beating this drum anyway feel free, but that's an advocacy debate not a technical one and I'm not going to engage in it.
    03-01-14 04:42 PM
    Ok, I see Omni that it can be an issue for Active Sync, I know it's an issue on other platforms but OP said he lost ALL messaging history including sms and whatever other he had there , is that part of this problem?

The issue I was referring-to was not the "delete lots of messages and session is terminated" thing that someone posted about earlier. (Which I had not previously heard about) It pertains to an authentication issue where if an auth prompt is not answered promptly it kills the device association and requires a complete re-sync.

This was an issue with 10.2.1.1925, but appears to have been fixed in 10.2.1.2141.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-issue-887352/

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...veries-905611/
    03-01-14 04:47 PM
    The issue I was referring-to was not the "delete lots of messages and session is terminated" thing that someone posted about earlier. (Which I had not previously heard about) It pertains to an authentication issue where if an auth prompt is not answered promptly it kills the device association and requires a complete re-sync.

This was an issue with 10.2.1.1925, but appears to have been fixed in 10.2.1.2141.

Thanks for your response, duly noted.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 04:50 PM

That's irrelevant to the OP problem, or my problem.

03-01-14 04:50 PM
    Although it's terrible what happened to the OP, I would not consider this widespread. I've only seen a handful of people bring this up.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I concur. Nevertheless one maybe a user mistake but if it a few it's disconcerting.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 04:52 PM

Well sorry to say you seem to have the dubious distinction of being the only person I have ever encountered who has experienced this more than once.

It would make sense if your Q10 was active and syncing bad-data back to your email account(s).

But are you saying your ENTIRE Z30 Hub became erased again - ie email/SMS/calls/Facebook/LinkedIn/etc? And WHICH Q10 are we talking about? It appears you have 2.

I also don't know what you mean "network and wifi" as opposed to "WiFi only". Are you saying the "WiFi only" device is not activated on a carrier?

My first thought is that when you restored your Z30 backup, you restored a corrupt configuration and/or data which just took a while to re-manifest the original issue.
    03-01-14 04:54 PM
    Bloody hell. Thanks for the heads up, this would be catastrophic for me and my business.

How can people Trust a device that could do this, I'd have drop kicked the phone in the nearest river.

I presume this is an imap mail box?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    .... I'm speechless, if this happens to me, I might as well as give up on life..

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 04:54 PM
    As the title states, my HUB is completely empty. No emails, texts, BBM, Facebook, etc. If I swipe once more all the individual accounts are empty as well. Worst part is I believe it actually full deleted the emails because they are no longer on my computer email

I tried:
    Restarting
    Resetting
    Swiping 5 times to reset HUB
    Deleting and re-adding email accounts

Anybody know what would cause this?

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    This happened to me I lost everything also, this even cleared from the server I'm on a POP system, I was able to recover lots of mail as my mail in is also sent to outlook but I lost all sent from my Z30. My backups recovered my call logs and sms but I lost all BBM conversations but mercifully retained my BBM contact list . I am so grateful for this post as I thought I'd done it when half asleep.
    So is there a work around, whilst a pain I cc all my outgoing emails now to outlook which means I then have to delete the copy from my Z30, Backup sorts all others except BBM, so can I send those to myself?
    Like many my phone is essential to my business.
    03-01-14 04:56 PM
    .... I'm speechless, if this happens to me, I might as well as give up on life..

Posted via CB10
    Let's not get hysterical now :+)

Posted via CB10
    ray689 and Javid Gozalov like this.
    03-01-14 05:50 PM
    Yes I concur. Nevertheless one maybe a user mistake but if it a few it's disconcerting.

Posted via CB10
    I know what you mean but every platform has issues that plague some users and are not widespread. Not saying that makes it okay however.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:11 PM
    I know what you mean but every platform has issues that plague some users and are not widespread. Not saying that makes it okay however.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. The Android and iPhone has had similar issues I posted the links there. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:38 PM
    Well sorry to say you seem to have the dubious distinction of being the only person I have ever encountered who has experienced this more than once.

It would make sense if your Q10 was active and syncing bad-data back to your email account(s).

But are you saying your ENTIRE Z30 Hub became erased again - ie email/SMS/calls/Facebook/LinkedIn/etc? And WHICH Q10 are we talking about? It appears you have 2.

I also don't know what you mean "network and wifi" as opposed to "WiFi only". Are you saying the "WiFi only" device is not activated on a carrier?

My first thought is that when you restored your Z30 backup, you restored a corrupt configuration and/or data which just took a while to re-manifest the original issue.
    My Z30 backup was from a backup done January 31st which was 3 weeks before the incident. So I don't think it re-manifested itself. I think it's separate issues.

I have two Q10's. One from work on BES which has had Zero Issues. The other Q10 is a backup I kept and had before I got the Z30. When the Z30 when crazy, I went to Verizon's website, deactivated the Z30 and activated the Q10 on the network.

Once I fixed the Z30, I went back to the site and deactivated the Q10 and activated the Z30

So at that time the Z30 was activated on Verizon and connected to my home wifi. My Q10 was deactivated and not on any Network, but it was connected to wifi as i forgo to turn the Q10 off.

I woke up and both HUBS were cleared. I hope that clarifies things.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:43 PM
    My Z30 backup was from a backup done January 31st which was 3 weeks before the incident. So I don't think it re-manifested itself. I think it's separate issues.

Honestly I don't think you're in a position to eliminate that possibility.

And given that you are the only person I've ever encountered that has experienced this more than once - and I've followed several threads both here and on BlackBerry's own forums on this - and given that you're the only person I know of who restored a backup to get the device working again - I'd say there's a pretty significant chance that whatever was going on with the device at the time of that last backup may well have contributed to the second incident.

Database corruption can exist and be undetected for many years in some cases. If you're lucky, it's in a part of the data that you are not using and is not structurally critical to the operation of the database and you'll never notice it. If you're not lucky, eventually something will try to write to a part of the database that has structural problems and it blows the whole thing up because it's like never stepping on the top rung of your ladder because you never used it at that height before and then when you do, you discover the attachment bolts are missing and the rung falls off and you end up on the ground.

One of the things I really don't like about BlackBerry Link is that it no longer has the granular backup/restore capability that Desktop Manager for legacy BBOS had. Because if it did, you could have done a restore of everything except the Hub, or perhaps with only some Hub data, to troubleshoot something like this or just to get back some of your data.

I have two Q10's. One from work on BES which has had Zero Issues. The other Q10 is a backup I kept and had before I got the Z30. When the Z30 when crazy, I went to Verizon's website, deactivated the Z30 and activated the Q10 on the network.

Once I fixed the Z30, I went back to the site and deactivated the Q10 and activated the Z30

So at that time the Z30 was activated on Verizon and connected to my home wifi. My Q10 was deactivated and not on any Network, but it was connected to wifi as i forgo to turn the Q10 off.

Well then it really wasn't deactivated at all from the standpoint of the Hub, if it was connected to a live WiFi network.

But actually that may have nothing to do with anything.

I think the more likely scenario was that the restored backup contained the same corrupted Hub database(s) that were on your device during the first go-round, and after additional data was collected from certain accounts and they reached a certain size (the same size it had reached previously just before the Hub blew up the first time), the corrupted portion was encountered and the same reaction occurred.
    03-02-14 12:04 PM
    So here are my interim suggestions, since you are not currently using the Z30:

1. Contact Google/Yahoo and determine if lost emails can be recovered. Provide precise time-range.
    2. Determine what other data that was on the Z30 is important and needs to be preserved.
    3. BEFORE powering-up device, make sure all network links are disabled. (The safest thing to do here is not have the device in range of any previously saved WiFi networks and remove the SIM card. Since after the restore below your WiFi parameters and accounts will be restored, keep this disabled until step #6)
    4. Do a re-install/restore of the OS and 1/31 data just like you did previously
    5. Before you re-enable WiFi, go to Hub settings and either disable account syncing on all accounts, change all account passwords to something else, or just remove the accounts that are there. This is to prevent syncing bad information back to your cloud accounts. ***
    6. Move within range of your WiFi network and re-enable WiFi
    7. Install 3rd party apps that are capable of exporting requisite data. Apps exist that can export email, SMS, Calendar events and Remember notes at the very least. Pictures, Music, Videos can be copied directly from the filesystem or you can use Link's sync capability.
    8. Use those tools to get important data off of the device.
    9. Reinstall the final OS. See below.
    10. This time, Do NOT do a restore.
    11. Enable WiFi
    12. Go into BlackBerry World, go to "My World" and do a "Check for updates". Update all native/pre-installed apps. Do BlackBerry World itself first.
    13. Install 3rd-party backup/restore tools.
    14. Re-install non-native required apps. (They will show as "available" in BBW "My World" as they are linked to your BBID.)
    15. Restore data to the device using 3rd-party tools, and copy Pictures/Music/Videos.
    16. Add necessary accounts in Hub and re-sync. I would consider doing this one account at a time. Once that account has successfully synced, move on to the next.

***If you want to try exporting Hub data at this point, it's a bit of a catch-22 because you normally need an active network connection to install apps. As long as syncing is disabled on all accounts that should be safe. Another option would be to sideload those tools.)

As for reinstalling the final OS: I would strongly suggest something newer than what was on the device, as the likelihood of running into the hub corruption issue seems to be less, and there are a variety of improvements that have been made to the OS since then.

If you prefer to stick to OS 10.2, at the very least I would suggest using the most recent official build, which is 10.2.0.1809. I can provide links to this for you.
    03-02-14 12:49 PM
    I'll give it all a shot when I can. Had knee surgery so can't get away from Wifi or turn Wifi off cause other devices in house depend on it. Thx for all your help.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:21 PM
    Just as an FYI, I have sent this and many other related threads off to BlackBerry for review. How long it will take or if there will even be resolution shared is out of my control but I have made them aware of the issue and noted that is a point of high concern.
    Well, any response yet @Bla1ze? Or do we hear crickets?

03-03-14 04:45 AM
    Eish the bug hit me too

Posted via my white sexy Z10 10.2.1.2102
    03-03-14 05:53 AM
    Eish the bug hit me too

Posted via my white sexy Z10 10.2.1.2102
    Noooooooo. Guess when my 30 comes I'll just check mail in the browser until they fix this. Good thing email isn't my life.
    03-03-14 07:34 AM
    Noooooooo. Guess when my 30 comes I'll just check mail in the browser until they fix this. Good thing email isn't my life.

Don't go outside, you might catch a cold or a mosquito might fly up your nose or something.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-14 04:01 PM
    Don't go outside, you might catch a cold or a mosquito might fly up your nose or something.

But I do have some saved emails I don't want to lose.
    03-03-14 05:50 PM

But I do have some saved emails I don't want to lose.
    Create an email account on your computer and leave it off your BBRY, then forward the important ones there and you can always get them from browser. I really think my issue was an anomaly. I had knee surgery and am on pain meds. I still think it's possible I hit "Delete all Prior" by accident. But that doesn't explain why the emails weren't on the server in trash or all mail.

Interestingly enough, I reluctantly switched to an iPhone 5s and when I loaded my email accounts, they showed up? So there must be an issue with the HUB sending/receiving to the server, but still doesn't explain why they didn't go to trash or all mail on server, but were in iPhone inboxes?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 06:26 PM
215 ... 45678 ...