The company, unlike us armchair CEOs, no doubt has a pretty good idea how many customers are noticing/complaining about this, so I have a feeling they know exactly how much attention they should or should not give it.

From the sounds of the response given to Bla1ze's query, it sounds to me like they are not hearing about this much from customers.
    Except they are, but they just ignore them. I told them, did I get a response? That a big fat NO. No acknowledgement whatsoever.

Ever since my email problems with the Z10 at launch I was met with silence, and I was a BlackBerry Elite back then.

#believeinfilm
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 03-30-14 at 11:47 AM.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-30-14 10:38 AM
    I have had this happen to me a couple of times. Upon reboot, I would find the HUB not just empty, but totally gone. All black! A simple reboot always fixed it.

Woke Up to a Completely Empty HUB!-img_20140304_020049.png
    03-30-14 11:43 AM
    I have had this happen to me a couple of times. Upon reboot, I would find the HUB not just empty, but totally gone. All black! A simple reboot always fixed it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140304_020049.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	259565

BelfastDispatcher and CrackedRosco - is that what you guys saw?

Except they are, but they just ignore them. I told them, did I get a response? That a big fat NO. No acknowledgement whatsoever.

Ever since my email problems with the Z10 at launch I was met with silence, and I was a BlackBerry Elite back then.

I don't know how much that proves, honestly. The company has never been setup to deal with a significant amount of direct customer support, and after all the layoffs* it's gotta be much worse now in that respect than ever. The vast majority of end-user feedback is probably funneled to them via carrier partners and resellers, who have always been the first line of support for their customers.

*(They have laid-off 3 times as many employees over the last 2 years as they now employ.)
    03-31-14 02:37 AM
    BelfastDispatcher and CrackedRosco - is that what you guys saw?

I don't know how much that proves, honestly. The company has never been setup to deal with a significant amount of direct customer support, and after all the layoffs* it's gotta be much worse now in that respect than ever. The vast majority of end-user feedback is probably funneled to them via carrier partners and resellers, who have always been the first line of support for their customers.

*(They have laid-off 3 times as many employees over the last 2 years as they now employ.)
    Nope, that's not what I saw, but I have seen that at times too. Mine started to lag and then froze. Then I handed it to my wife and asked her to pull the battery out as I was driving at the time, and not somewhere where I could pull over.

Also, I appreciate you trying to help and get to the bottom of this issue, but don't make excuses for them.

#believeinfilm
    daveycrocket likes this.
    03-31-14 03:25 AM
    Also, I appreciate you trying to help and get to the bottom of this issue, but don't make excuses for them.

I can see how a person with a perennial critical attitude might falsely assume that anyone who doesn't share their perennial critical attitude is "making excuses", but I am NOT making excuses, and the record shows that I am perfectly capable of criticizing them when I think they deserve criticizing.
    03-31-14 05:34 AM
    I can see how a person with a perennial critical attitude might falsely assume that anyone who doesn't share their perennial critical attitude is "making excuses", but I am NOT making excuses, and the record shows that I am perfectly capable of criticizing them when I think they deserve criticizing.
    As you well know I give plenty of praise to BB too but it's mostly aimed at the Legacy side of the company. Still, it's the same company.

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 06:08 AM
    As you well know I give plenty of praise to BB too but it's mostly aimed at the Legacy side of the company. Still, it's the same company.

The "praise" I am talking about is about their current actions and products and strategic direction, not praise for former things as a method of criticizing them for not doing things the old way any more.
    04-01-14 02:45 AM
    The "praise" I am talking about is about their current actions and products and strategic direction, not praise for former things as a method of criticizing them for not doing things the old way any more.
    I think most people would agree that their current actions (BB10) deserve no praise.

#believeinfilm
    bbq10l likes this.
    04-01-14 02:55 AM
    I think most people would agree that their current actions (BB10) deserve no praise.
    If that is actually true about the opinion of "most people", then I think "most people" are clueless.

The company is in deep trouble, this is a problem that took many years to create, and will take a while to address. Superman himself cannot save them overnight. Regardless what all the teeming masses of myopic armchair CEOs think.

Remember that "most people" thought BlackBerry would be gone by the end of 2013, too.
    04-01-14 03:03 AM
    If that is actually true about the opinion of "most people", then I think "most people" are clueless.

The company is in deep trouble, this is a problem that took many years to create, and will take a while to address. Superman himself cannot save them overnight. Regardless what all the teeming masses of myopic armchair CEOs think.

Remember that "most people" thought BlackBerry would be gone by the end of 2013, too.
    It's ironic that the old product that got them into trouble in the first place is now saving them from the trouble the new product has created.

At 1.1 million BB10 devices sold in a quarter and falling what exactly is there to praise?

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 03:51 AM
    It's ironic that the old product that got them into trouble in the first place is now saving them from the trouble the new product has created.

It's not "saving" them from anything.

If you had a lemonade stand and did not sell anything all day, a single glass sold to your next-door neighbor at dusk might seem very welcome, but it would hardly "save" your sales. It just looks good compared to nothing.

Anyway, I am not going to drag this thread further off-topic with this.
    kbz1960 and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-01-14 04:04 AM
    It's not "saving" them from anything.

If you had a lemonade stand and did not sell anything all day, a single glass sold to your next-door neighbor at dusk might seem very welcome, but it would hardly "save" your sales. It just looks good compared to nothing.

Anyway, I am not going to drag this thread further off-topic with this.
    It's saving them as in without the old product still selling the company wouldn't exist. No more no less.

#believeinfilm
    04-01-14 04:30 AM
    It feels a real pity that with the wealth of knowledge that both of you guys have you appear unable to pull in the same direction even with difference.
    I too have had my stuff from the hub disappear never to return and it made me fed up, but I still love my Z30, I just make sure that with any replies or important mail I cc it to myself to be picked up by outlook and back up every couple of days. I am aware that this is not ideal but a work round until someone more intelligent than myself fixes it. Where is the deleted file, I have a waste basket with nothing in ,, ever.
    I'd like to say that I also miss my 9810 also and the way it worked for me.
    I'd also like to thank CrackBerry for the spell check as I have Dyslexia, so please forgive any errors.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-01-14 06:45 AM
    Woke Up to a Completely Empty HUB!-giphy.jpg
    Woke Up to a Completely Empty HUB!-stop_sign_cute_with_hand_animated_on.gif

Get the picture?

And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic.......
    daveycrocket likes this.
    04-01-14 06:48 AM
    Get the picture?

And now, back to our regularly scheduled topic.......

Man, that's one crazy GIF.

It feels a real pity that with the wealth of knowledge that both of you guys have you appear unable to pull in the same direction even with difference.

I assume you are referring to me there.

I don't know what you mean by "pull in the same direction" but I have been actively trying to gather info about what is going on with the people who have experienced this, and try to get to the bottom of it, and I continue to do that.

I will not presume to speak for the actions or intentions of others.

Overall, while this issue does appear to happen to a few people, it does not appear to be widespread. Which is probably one of the key reasons why BlackBerry, when Bla1ze asked them specifically about it, told him that they cannot replicate this issue. Probably in part because there are only some relatively rare conditions that trigger it.

My personal feeling at this point is it has to do with Hub db corruption.

I have some ideas about how to test that, but unfortunately the devices I would need to borrow to do that testing are not likely to be accessible to me. For example, I'd love to have CrackedRosco's device to do some tests on.

I believe he has a new BlackBerry now, but I doubt he would let me borrow it due to privacy reasons. Perhaps he would be willing to do some tests, but I would understand if he's had his fill of this by now.
    04-01-14 02:55 PM
215 ... 789