Yeah, I don't think it's a big number either and as far as I can tell from what I've read (since I've never had it happen), the damage done seems to rely on what email provider you're using. I mean, the delete function on BlackBerry when used with GMail doesn't even actually delete emails. It just archives them to the "All Mail" folder so I don't get how emails can be wiped entirely.
    Neither does my hosted emails, if I delete one or multiple emails they go to the deleted folder, when this happens they just disappear into thin air.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-05-14 01:23 AM
    Perception and bias.

Ronald Reagan used to refer to the Nicaraguan Contras guerrilla force as "freedom fighters". Whereas most of the world knew that it was an insurgency movement that would never have been a significant force in the country without massive US support, training, money and encouragement, and whose goal was to overthrow a democratically-elected government elected in a free and fair election, simply because they (and the US) didn't like the political ideology of that government.

Now what do you think Reagan would have done if some paramilitary force formed in the USA, supported by a foreign power, whose goal it was to overthrow the democratically-elected US government by force?

Perception. Bias.
    Huh? You're loosing it man

03-05-14 01:45 AM
    Oh come on. We can all search the old BBOS forums on here and read the horror stories. Folks have issues with this stuff on any platform. There are many variables, use patterns, and bugs.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    True, but I don't remember anything as dramatic as this. Other platforms I wouldn't know.

03-05-14 01:48 AM
    True, but I don't remember anything as dramatic as this. Other platforms I wouldn't know.

I'll grant you this is a VERY serious issue. Would not be nearly so serious if the the deletions could be recovered.
    kbz1960 and anand_ma like this.
    03-05-14 01:54 AM
    Huh? You're loosing it man
    I realize you have a short attention-span but that doesn't justify accusing someone of "losing it" simply because you haven't the patience to read something and figure out its relevance.

Perception and bias. That's the short attention-span version.

And BTW: it's "losing", not "loosing".
    03-05-14 09:52 AM
    I realize you have a short attention-span but that doesn't justify accusing someone of "losing it" simply because you haven't the patience to read something and figure out its relevance.

Perception and bias. That's the short attention-span version.
    Yeah but what does that have to do with a joke about excuse and explanation? Lol, surely there's a more simple way to explain perception and bias anyway.

03-05-14 09:54 AM
    Lol, surely there's a more simple way to explain perception and bias anyway.

When someone is strongly affected by that, there is no explanation, short or long, that will get them to change their mind.
    03-05-14 10:17 AM
    [Q UOTE=Omnitech;10085056]When someone is strongly affected by that, there is no explanation, short or long, that will get them to change their mind. [/QUOTE]

Yep, definitely lost it. Back to the thread subject if you please.

03-05-14 10:20 AM
    Thank you! (Pet peeve, ugh). :-(

And BTW: it's "losing", not "loosing".

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-05-14 11:26 AM
    Use the email archiver app.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    Though in looking at the app I'd say it might be a better idea to simply back up your emails using a PC based solution or a cloud service -- assuming one is talking about Gmail, etc. There are services to back up Gmail I believe. That you can schedule and such.

I don't know the app just looks more like it is for backing up select emails that are really important as opposed to archiving 50,000 emails at once or whatever. Though I can see it does have a "back up all" option. But I just don't see that as something that efficient to manage from a phone when there are other options for Gmail.
    03-05-14 01:55 PM
    Yep, definitely lost it.

Repeated personal insults noted.

Back to the thread subject if you please.

You mean stop answering your direct questions?
    anand_ma likes this.
    03-05-14 02:07 PM
    If the local copy of your email from Outlook.com is lost, then it will have to be resynchoronized. In such a case it's no surprise at all that that process may take a while, especially if you are trying to synchronize a large mail account going back a long time.

If you want resyncs to be quicker, turn off the "forever" sync setting or limit the number and size of folders that you sync to the handheld.
    Thanks for trying to help. I only have a 30 day sync but what fixed it for me was doing a hard reset. That also fixed my disappearing camera shots. I usually do a a hard reset after a software update but I didn't this time. Took a while to remember to do the virtual battery pull :-D.

I do hope BlackBerry can fix the disappearing email issue for those affected.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 03:22 AM
    Have you tried doing this?

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    03-13-14 12:57 AM
    I'm pretty sure they have.

In any case, a restart would accomplish the same thing. The advantage of the "hub reset gesture" is you don't have to wait for a full system restart.
    03-13-14 01:07 AM
    03-13-14 12:02 PM
    Wow, I must have missed that one since updating to from 10.1 to 10.2.1.2142! I never would have thought to do that myself, but then maybe I don't caress my phone as regularly as some do. ;-)
    Pretty cool, though.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 12:32 AM
    Here it is guys... automatic backup incoming email and SMS messages - prevent scenarios where your hub got empty:

Link: Email and Sms Automatic Backup Archiver and Organizer - BlackBerry World

CrackBerry thread for improvement suggestions: http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...ellent-916622/
    03-20-14 04:26 PM
    I also have this problem after I update my z10 automatic to OS 2141 .. after that my emails, sms, call logs dissapear every 2 days.. z10 has no option to set the period of the messages like before .. now I download new Leak OS 10.03 ..hope it will fixed
    03-24-14 11:55 PM
    I also have this problem after I update my z10 automatic to OS 2141 .. after that my emails, sms, call logs dissapear every 2 days.. z10 has no option to set the period of the messages like before .. now I download new Leak OS 10.03 ..hope it will fixed

10.3.0.140 is basically an internal beta build with all sorts of broken features. I doubt that is going to be a very realistic solution.

As far as "no option to set the period of the messages", please explain. Because I think that what you are asking about is present but you just do not know how to set it.
    03-26-14 04:05 AM
    Is there any solution to this yet? This is a big reason for me not going to BB10.
    03-29-14 10:53 AM
    Err, just happened to me. Hub just wiped itself right in front of my eyes! I just opened the hub, and then it just cleared everything. Not just emails, I mean texts, bbm, calls, notifications, the lot! I just installed the new update for BeBuzz pro this morning. I wonder if it's anything to do with that, as it has permission with all accounts

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-29-14 03:19 PM
    Is there any solution to this yet? This is a big reason for me not going to BB10.
    BlackBerry apparently hasn't been able to replicate it yet and I don't think many people are impacted by it so it seems a little silly to be that concerned about it, in my opinion.
    03-30-14 09:44 AM
    Err, just happened to me. Hub just wiped itself right in front of my eyes! I just opened the hub, and then it just cleared everything. Not just emails, I mean texts, bbm, calls, notifications, the lot! I just installed the new update for BeBuzz pro this morning. I wonder if it's anything to do with that, as it has permission with all accounts
    I doubt it's BeBuzz since, among other things, BeBuzz probably isn't writing anything to the Hub database anyway, only reading.

Most likely it has to do with data corruption of some kind on the device.
    03-30-14 09:47 AM
    BlackBerry apparently hasn't been able to replicate it yet and I don't think many people are impacted by it so it seems a little silly to be that concerned about it, in my opinion.
    One happy BB10 user might convince 1-2 others to buy it, an unhappy BB10 user with months of emails deleted will put off 20 others from buying BB10.

BB, should be very concerned about this bug.

#believeinfilm
    03-30-14 09:49 AM
    One happy BB10 user might convince 1-2 others to buy it, an unhappy BB10 user with months of emails deleted will put off 20 others from buying BB10.

BB, should be very concerned about this bug.

The company, unlike us armchair CEOs, no doubt has a pretty good idea how many customers are noticing/complaining about this, so I have a feeling they know exactly how much attention they should or should not give it.

From the sounds of the response given to Bla1ze's query, it sounds to me like they are not hearing about this much from customers.
    03-30-14 09:54 AM
215 ... 6789