I still think it's possible I hit "Delete all Prior" by accident. But that doesn't explain why the emails weren't on the server in trash or all mail.

Not likely in this case, if everything else was deleted too. There is no "delete all prior" in SMS, phone call logs, Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, etc.

Interestingly enough, I reluctantly switched to an iPhone 5s and when I loaded my email accounts, they showed up?

What showed up - all the messages since 1/31 that you thought were lost??

So there must be an issue with the HUB sending/receiving to the server, but still doesn't explain why they didn't go to trash or all mail on server, but were in iPhone inboxes?

If you're referring to all the messages you thought were lost - that changes things quite dramatically.

I have already posted a link to a BlackBerry knowledgebase article about a known issue where Gmail messages deleted on BB10 typically don't show up in the trash folder, and are deleted directly.

Though in general, with Gmail using default settings, usually the "All Mail" folder will still have the messages. You can change this behaviour in the Gmail configuration.

If all your "lost" messages are now showing up, that's great news!
    03-04-14 02:13 AM
    Boo, got me all excited, set up the emails on my iphone and they're still gone still a gap of nearly 3 months missing.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    03-04-14 02:19 AM
    Boo, got me all excited, set up the emails on my iphone and they're still gone still a gap of nearly 3 months missing.

You're accursed.
    03-04-14 02:22 AM
    Not likely in this case, if everything else was deleted too. There is no "delete all prior" in SMS, phone call logs, Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, etc.

What showed up - all the messages since 1/31 that you thought were lost??

If you're referring to all the messages you thought were lost - that changes things quite dramatically.

I have already posted a link to a BlackBerry knowledgebase article about a known issue where Gmail messages deleted on BB10 typically don't show up in the trash folder, and are deleted directly.

Though in general, with Gmail using default settings, usually the "All Mail" folder will still have the messages. You can change this behaviour in the Gmail configuration.

If all your "lost" messages are now showing up, that's great news!
    Can't really explain it. All I know is HUB was empty as was trash and all mail in Gmail and trash in yahoo.

Hooked up iPhone 5s and added accounts and BAM, all my emails going way back to 1/31 started coming through, most in the inbox like new unread messages and a few in the trash that I moved to the inbox.

I'm not thrilled with the iPhone so hopefully BBRY will announce a HUB fix. Probably wishful thinking.

Here's what I'd like to do, maybe you can help, I'm not real savvy:

Create a new email account, even if it's not free. I'd like my Gmail and 2 Yahoo accounts to forward directly in there, but when I create a new email or reply it automatically uses the new email account. Does that make sense?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 02:30 AM
    Can't really explain it. All I know is HUB was empty as was trash and all mail in Gmail and trash in yahoo.

Hooked up iPhone 5s and added accounts and BAM, all my emails going way back to 1/31 started coming through, most in the inbox like new unread messages and a few in the trash that I moved to the inbox.

Well that's fabulous news for sure.

Here's what I'd like to do, maybe you can help, I'm not real savvy:

Create a new email account, even if it's not free. I'd like my Gmail and 2 Yahoo accounts to forward directly in there, but when I create a new email or reply it automatically uses the new email account. Does that make sense?

Yes. You're trying to migrate all your old email accounts to one single new one, correct?

It's a common need.

You can bring emails into a "funnel" account in two ways: forward them from the original provider, or pull them from the new provider.

The latter is preferable because a message directly downloaded from the original server is more "original" than a forwarded copy. And email providers are infamous for trying to not make it easy for customers to migrate to the competition, so you can't necessarily rely on them to forward messages reliably and consistently.

The provider I would recommend is Fastmail - http://www.fastmail.fm They are a very reliable provider with very reasonable prices (starting from $10/yr), and they have special features for migrating from existing email accounts. Bear in mind - unlike the freebie accounts like Yahoo and Gmail they won't give you ridiculous gobs of free storage - because their business model is fee-for-service, rather than pretending to give you something "free", while trying to suck in all your data, mine it and sell it to marketing organizations and make it hard to move elsewhere after you've got GB's of stuff stored with them. They also don't shove advertising in your face.

And once again, unlike the big freebie services like Gmail and Yahoo, as a paying customer (rather than you as "the product") you can actually get real support from them. And they do backups. And you can restore from those backups yourself. Here's their documentation page on how the backups and restores work:

https://www.fastmail.fm/help/trouble...d_backups.html

And here's a documentation page on how to use their system to retrieve mail from external mail systems like Gmail etc:

https://www.fastmail.fm/help/externa...pop_links.html

Feel free to ask if that stuff isn't making sense.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    03-04-14 03:12 AM
    Well that's fabulous news for sure.

Yes. You're trying to migrate all your old email accounts to one single new one, correct?

It's a common need.

You can bring emails into a "funnel" account in two ways: forward them from the original provider, or pull them from the new provider.

The latter is preferable because a message directly downloaded from the original server is more "original" than a forwarded copy. And email providers are infamous for trying to not make it easy for customers to migrate to the competition, so you can't necessarily rely on them to forward messages reliably and consistently.

The provider I would recommend is Fastmail - http://www.fastmail.fm They are a very reliable provider with very reasonable prices (starting from $10/yr), and they have special features for migrating from existing email accounts. Bear in mind - unlike the freebie accounts like Yahoo and Gmail they won't give you ridiculous gobs of free storage - because their business model is fee-for-service, rather than pretending to give you something "free", while trying to suck in all your data, mine it and sell it to marketing organizations and make it hard to move elsewhere after you've got GB's of stuff stored with them. They also don't shove advertising in your face.

And once again, unlike the big freebie services like Gmail and Yahoo, as a paying customer (rather than you as "the product") you can actually get real support from them. And they do backups. And you can restore from those backups yourself. Here's their documentation page on how the backups and restores work:

https://www.fastmail.fm/help/trouble...d_backups.html

And here's a documentation page on how to use their system to retrieve mail from external mail systems like Gmail etc:

https://www.fastmail.fm/help/externa...pop_links.html

Feel free to ask if that stuff isn't making sense.
    Sounds like i can give it a shot. Thanks for all your help.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 03:51 AM
    I only read the first 3 pages before I came to comment. But I'm wondering if this is an app issue. Like hub++ or something that has access to all of your hub. In which case, this is why I don't give these types of permission to apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:17 AM
    I only read the first 3 pages before I came to comment. But I'm wondering if this is an app issue. Like hub++ or something that has access to all of your hub. In which case, this is why I don't give these types of permission to apps.

Posted via CB10
    I know it's a lengthy thread, but Z30 was running original OS with no sideloads apps. I know you are trying to help, but please read thread as every reply has failed. The only solution will come from BlackBerry. Thanks for trying to help, really. Just a little frustrating when you've spent 3 days on this and people ask, what OS are you on, ya know. I appreciate you trying to help but this is beyond an BBRY app issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 04:32 AM
    As I said that's a good question and if that happened to me I will be very angry, I can only suggest a solution of backing up you emails and device. You can get the email archiver app. Just to be safe .I was addressing the OP's dilemma btw.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, just downloaded and backed up.

Will only fully backup recent ones, or only do sender and subject line for those that are past the HUB's retention period.

Good stuff, one less drama to worry about. Thanks!

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    03-04-14 04:39 AM
    Remember when email used to be simple and painless? What the helll happened?

03-04-14 04:41 AM

People use and and receive far more email and have much higher expectations of it today, like giant attachments, HTML, mobile devices, syncing between all endpoints, instant delivery, etc etc.

My first modem was 300 bps - slower character rate than my typing speed. Time moves on.
    03-04-14 08:05 AM
    People use and and receive far more email and have much higher expectations of it today, like giant attachments, HTML, mobile devices, syncing between all endpoints, instant delivery, etc etc.

My first modem was 300 bps - slower character rate than my typing speed. Time moves on.
    Is that supposed to be an excuse for problems?

03-04-14 09:08 AM
    Is that supposed to be an excuse for problems?

I say explanation, you say excuse....

It's a sing-a-long!
    03-04-14 09:17 AM
    I say explanation, you say excuse....

It's a sing-a-long!
    What's the difference?

03-04-14 09:28 AM
    What's the difference?

Perception and bias.

Ronald Reagan used to refer to the Nicaraguan Contras guerrilla force as "freedom fighters". Whereas most of the world knew that it was an insurgency movement that would never have been a significant force in the country without massive US support, training, money and encouragement, and whose goal was to overthrow a democratically-elected government elected in a free and fair election, simply because they (and the US) didn't like the political ideology of that government.

Now what do you think Reagan would have done if some paramilitary force formed in the USA, supported by a foreign power, whose goal it was to overthrow the democratically-elected US government by force?

Perception. Bias.
    03-04-14 04:25 PM
    They need to fix this bug before they lose anymore customers.
    03-04-14 04:39 PM
    I have a new app waiting for approval that will hopefully mitigate the devastating effect that this problem creates.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-04-14 05:49 PM
    I have a new app waiting for approval that will hopefully mitigate the devastating effect that this problem creates.
    Nice. Keep us updated! Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 06:36 PM
    I'm definitely interested.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 06:38 PM
    I'm definitely interested.

Maybe it's a "Make Everything OK" button.

make-everything-ok.com
    grover5 likes this.
    03-04-14 09:59 PM
    Still no definitive resolution on this, it cannot be reproduced by BlackBerry. The only way to track this down would be to monitor devices as it happens and then submit logs from a device in which it has happened to shortly after the occurrence.

That's a bit beyond my capacity of help though, I'm not being responsible for keeping track of devices and logs from people it may potentially affect, lol. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to address the issue further with Michael Clewley if you feel you can reproduce it in such a way that can be tracked through logs.
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-04-14 10:05 PM
    Still no definitive resolution on this, it cannot be reproduced by BlackBerry. The only way to track this down would be to monitor devices as it happens and then submit logs from a device in which it has happened to shortly after the occurrence.

Thanks for the attempt anyway.

I have no idea how many people might experience something like this, but I don't think it's a huge number. I've encountered maybe 4-5 people between Crackberry and the official Blackberry forums. (Though I haven't been following their forums much lately, really dislike the UI over there)
    03-04-14 10:33 PM
    Thanks for the attempt anyway.

I have no idea how many people might experience something like this, but I don't think it's a huge number. I've encountered maybe 4-5 people between Crackberry and the official Blackberry forums. (Though I haven't been following their forums much lately, really dislike the UI over there)
    Yeah, I don't think it's a big number either and as far as I can tell from what I've read (since I've never had it happen), the damage done seems to rely on what email provider you're using. I mean, the delete function on BlackBerry when used with GMail doesn't even actually delete emails. It just archives them to the "All Mail" folder so I don't get how emails can be wiped entirely.
    03-04-14 10:52 PM

But I do have some saved emails I don't want to lose.
    Use the email archiver app.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-05-14 01:18 AM

Oh come on. We can all search the old BBOS forums on here and read the horror stories. Folks have issues with this stuff on any platform. There are many variables, use patterns, and bugs.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-05-14 01:22 AM
215 ... 56789