@CrackedRosco: to followup on what suneel_r wrote, can you go to Settings/Storage and Access and see what your data usage is? For example on the device in front of me here it says "7 GB of 16 GB used".

This may not tell us much of value since you wiped the OS and reloaded an earlier backup, but it might offer a smoking gun.
    This is a picture of my storage. I did a loaded a backup from January 31st. Didn't really down load any apps in between that I lost so this would be about what I had when this happened.
    Woke Up to a Completely Empty HUB!-img_00000050.png

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-28-14 05:29 AM
    This is a picture of my storage. I did a loaded a backup from January 31st. Didn't really down load any apps in between that I lost so this would be about what I had when this happened.

Thanks, that clearly seems fine.
    02-28-14 07:04 AM
    its too long to read but did anyone suggest you looking in the archived folder? because anything deleted from my phone doesnt go into the trash but the archived folder located in "All Mail"
    02-28-14 07:01 PM
    its too long to read but did anyone suggest you looking in the archived folder? because anything deleted from my phone doesnt go into the trash but the archived folder located in "All Mail"
    Yes, thanks for trying to help. They weren't there either. Very strange.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-28-14 09:22 PM
    FWIW, forgot to mention - the following is most likely why the deleted messages were not in the 'trash' folder on Gmail - there is a known issue about this with BB10 with Gmail in general:

KB33560-Email messages deleted from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone are not moved to a Trash or Deleted Items folder and instead are permanently removed
    southlander likes this.
    03-01-14 01:52 AM
    FWIW, forgot to mention - the following is most likely why the deleted messages were not in the 'trash' folder on Gmail - there is a known issue about this with BB10 with Gmail in general:

KB33560-Email messages deleted from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone are not moved to a Trash or Deleted Items folder and instead are permanently removed
    That was November...... Still not fixed? Forget android runtime etc, core functions need to work correctly.

How can anyone via claim that BB10 is the premier messaging OS?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    03-01-14 02:00 AM
    That was November...... Still not fixed?

If it were fixed, that KB article would have been updated to reflect that.

How can anyone via claim that BB10 is the premier messaging OS?

1. I do not recall any phrase "premier messaging OS" being used by Blackberry to describe BB10 in any official document.
    2. People oftentimes make up all sorts of claims that they personally think a product represents, whether or not anyone seems to agree with them.
    3. I fail to see how one particular narrow issue like that automatically disqualifies the OS for being a productive email tool. Amazing the kinds of wild extrapolations some people love to throw around.
    03-01-14 04:20 AM

1. I do not recall any phrase "premier messaging OS" being used by Blackberry to describe BB10 in any official document.
    2. People oftentimes make up all sorts of claims that they personally think a product represents, whether or not anyone seems to agree with them.
    3. I fail to see how one particular narrow issue like that automatically disqualifies the OS for being a productive email tool. Amazing the kinds of wild extrapolations some people love to throw around.
    They do claim they're still "best for email" clearly a false statement.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-01-14 04:35 AM
    Any idea why the local copy of my ActiveSync account would be lost?
    It's only that account. My Gmail, Hotmail, and yahoo Accts are fine. I also get prompted for my password for this account every time the phone restarts. Only seen this behavior since the 10.2.1 update.

BTW my sync interval is 30 days, not forever.

If the local copy of your email from Outlook.com is lost, then it will have to be resynchoronized. In such a case it's no surprise at all that that process may take a while, especially if you are trying to synchronize a large mail account going back a long time.

If you want resyncs to be quicker, turn off the "forever" sync setting or limit the number and size of folders that you sync to the handheld.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 04:45 AM
    Any idea why the local copy of my ActiveSync account would be lost?
    It's only that account. My Gmail, Hotmail, and yahoo Accts are fine. I also get prompted for my password for this account every time the phone restarts. Only seen this behavior since the 10.2.1 update.

WHICH 10.2.1 update? Exact OS version please. There are many of them.

Some have a couple of known EAS bugs.
    03-01-14 05:17 AM
    Dear OP, sorry this post is not to offer suggestions to help you but to request you to edit the original post and update with solution if you were able to recover or if BlackBerry responds.

Thank you
    03-01-14 05:42 AM

1. I fail to see how one particular narrow issue like that automatically disqualifies the OS for being a productive email tool. Amazing the kinds of wild extrapolations some people love to throw around.
    Well It's an issue I don't have with imap mail on Android kitkat. The idea that I could delete an email and not recover via the deleted email folder is such a crappy "feature".

I often delete emails off my phone and then recover then from the deleted email box (which I can access from fone or anywhere).

This wouldn't be a narrow issue for me, but then I guess I'm not a BB target user as an ex bbos user for 6 years and a business professional.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    03-01-14 06:18 AM
    Did you delete more than 200 messages from your ActiveSync at once?
    It's a known bug that if you do, there is a chance it may remove the device partnership in exchange.
    I've seen it happen a bunch of times. I heard BlackBerry was going to code around this ActiveSync bug by deleting messages in batches of 50. Not sure when that was supposed to happen.
    I've seen this happen on iOS and Android devices. It's not a BB thing but an ActiveSync thing...

Steve

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-01-14 06:24 AM
    WHICH 10.2.1 update? Exact OS version please. There are many of them.

Some have a couple of known EAS bugs.
    Ok, I see Omni that it can be an issue for Active Sync, I know it's an issue on other platforms but OP said he lost ALL messaging history including sms and whatever other he had there , is that part of this problem?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-01-14 09:18 AM
    Ok, I see Omni that it can be an issue for Active Sync, I know it's an issue on other platforms but OP said he lost ALL messaging history including sms and whatever other he had there , is that part of this problem?

Posted via CB10
    Plus my accounts were imap and the exact same thing happened.

03-01-14 09:22 AM
    If you're not going to discuss the OP, stay the heck out of this thread! Y'all got that?
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-01-14 09:39 AM
    If you're not going to discuss the OP, stay the heck out of this thread! Y'all got that?
    My sentiments, as well. Discuss the topic, keep the personal posts and one-upsmanship out of it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-01-14 09:42 AM
    I started using email archiver after reading this thread. It's very handy. But I want to see a resolution to this. This should never happen. I hope BlackBerry is treating it with the highest priority.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 09:51 AM
    I started using email archiver after reading this thread. It's very handy. But I want to see a resolution to this. This should never happen. I hope BlackBerry is treating it with the highest priority.

Posted via CB10
    Is that an app or is it in your emails web options?
    03-01-14 10:49 AM
    Is that an app or is it in your emails web options?
    It's an app, available on BlackBerry World "built for BlackBerry "

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 11:55 AM
    Well unfortunately it happened to my Z30 again. Then my back up Q10 again. My work Q10 is unaffected, but unfortunately I had to make the switch to the next best thing and grab an iPhone 5S. Got my Z30 and Q10 on hold waiting for a BlackBerry fix or response. Not happy about the move but had no choice at this point.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 12:44 PM
    Well unfortunately it happened to my Z30 again. Then my back up Q10 again. My work Q10 is unaffected, but unfortunately I had to make the switch to the next best thing and grab an iPhone 5S. Got my Z30 and Q10 on hold waiting for a BlackBerry fix or response. Not happy about the move but had no choice at this point.

Posted via CB10
    It probably just happened on one and the other was just the side effect of sync. I feel your pain, I have a feeling Blaize will never get a response on this, BB will continue to keep quiet about it.

03-01-14 12:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Curious to know OP, are your personal devices on the same carrier as your work phone?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 01:50 PM
    It probably just happened on one and the other was just the side effect of sync. I feel your pain, I have a feeling Blaize will never get a response on this, BB will continue to keep quiet about it.

Who is your service provider Belfast?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 01:53 PM
    Who is your service provider Belfast?

Posted via CB10
    I'm on Vodafone UK and my emails are hosted with 1and1.co.uk

03-01-14 01:59 PM
215 ... 34567 ...