Original Z30 OS that was on device when bought at launch from Verizon.

Software: 10.2.0.262

Weird, everything is fine now. I only did one reboot with and without SIM in. Then just switched to Q10 and wiped the Z30.

Later on loaded my last backup from January 31 as I backup last day of every month. Through the day got many messages on Q10. After reloading backup on Z30 and entering email passwords, today's messages all pushed over to the Z30 and HUB populated. Z30 back on about 2 hours and working like normal. HUB is working fine. Lost messages are obviously gone, but it's working now. Wish I knew what happened so I could avoid it again.

Here's the funny thing. I had knee surgery two weeks and have been in a recliner since recovering and am on pain meds and had a rough night sleep. It's very possible I got one of those annoying 4am emails and hit delete all prior. Guess we'll only know if it happens again.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    Thanks for the update OP. Glad things are up and running smoothly again.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 08:43 PM
    Whatever causes this bug, it reaches beyond the device software, it's causing email accounts to behave in a way they're not supposed to, ie not moving deleted emails to deleted folder.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    what if it was never deleted in the first place? check your other email folders such as archives and such. *crosses fingers*
    02-27-14 08:54 PM
    If you already had the same email accounts configured on the Q10, I wonder if it re-synced the messages on the Q10 back to the server? Or was that device idle for a long time?

Yep, so you lost messages from approx 1/31 to 2/26 or so, sounds like.

Yeah I have made this point in the past wrt to this issue but people tend to get offended and defensive about it.

Though I still think there is some kind of technical issue going on with this. Not least because that would not explain all the data from other email accounts, SMS and so on, all disappearing at the same time. Phone call logs too, right?

That said, the "Delete all prior" function needs WAY better warning popups, in my opinion. The UI for that is confusing - looks like the regular trashcan.
    Yeah, so definitely chalking it up to technical issues. My Q10 was empty is the email accounts cause they went off the server from the Z30 fiasco.

Actually lost messages completely even all before 1/31 because when I put my passwords in and it synced with the accounts had no emails in them to sync back as all were lost this morning.

Thanks for all your help. Maybe we'll get an answer eventually.

02-27-14 09:02 PM
    Just as an FYI, I have sent this and many other related threads off to BlackBerry for review. How long it will take or if there will even be resolution shared is out of my control but I have made them aware of the issue and noted that is a point of high concern.
    Thanks for sending along! Greatly appreciated.

anand_ma likes this.
    02-27-14 09:04 PM
    Here's something that could be helpful in some contexts, not necessarily in this particular case.

As usual BlackBerry does a p*** poor job of communicating this stuff to users, so they bumble into things that makes the device look broken to them because Blackberry doesn't educate them enough on how these things work:

KB35507-Issues with the BlackBerry Hub
    02-27-14 09:17 PM
    Completely separate, longtime known issue. Much worse on older OS versions. What OS version is your device running?

Exacerbated by flaky or constantly switching internet link. Eg if you have an unreliable home WiFi signal or you leave WiFi on and let the device connect randomly to hotspots as you walk down the street, it will happen more frequently than if you do not go in and out of signal coverage.

Yes, it is a BB10 issue.

No, it is not related to the subject of this thread.
    Once again- please stop trying to control the thread and everyone in it. Others on this thread mentioned what I mentioned and it's really not your business what I comment on. If you don't like it skip it.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 09:31 PM
    Once again- please stop trying to control the thread and everyone in it. Others on this thread mentioned what I mentioned and it's really not your business what I comment on. If you don't like it skip it.

Posted via CB10
    Play nice man. Don't get so offended. Sure the forums are free to say what you want, etc. The point was rather straight forward. You're issue is in a hundred threads and is a very important one for sure, but being told it doesn't contribute to this thread is just plain honesty. I'm sure your intentions were good but the post was right, it didn't contribute to this thread.

Omnitech and ray689 like this.
    02-27-14 11:05 PM
    This is why precisely I believe it's a server issue if you delete from device or even the desktop the deleted emails WILL be in trash you need to contact Gmail/ Yahoo and ask them what's going on, they CAN do a system Restore of deleted emails but time is of essence if it's not done promptly you will lose it forever.

Posted via CB10
    You'd think. Right? Makes sense. Except the odds of two separate services having a critical issue on the OPs accounts at the same time is incredibly low. Then you could say someone got his passwords and did some malicious deletion. But that still does not account for the missing SMS messages.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    darkehawke likes this.
    02-27-14 11:21 PM
    I just deleted all email accounts from hub, can't afford to take a loss of info like that. I am sorry you had to experience this first hand, that sucks =[

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-27-14 11:23 PM
    You'd think. Right? Makes sense. Except the odds of two separate services having a critical issue on the OPs accounts at the same time is incredibly low. Then you could say someone got his passwords and did some malicious deletion. But that still does not account for the missing SMS messages.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    Please read the link, the issue is known to happen on other platforms it's not BlackBerry Specific however if this is really a wide spread issue on BlackBerry 10 caused by a bug BlackBerry needs to attend to it right away, Bla 1ze has already said he informed them. Hopefully they respond or at least fix the issue if its their problem. I was quite concerned about this issue and I spoke with my IT Dept and was informed that we never had this problem, I will be keeping a close eye on this.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:30 PM
    Please read the link, the issue is known to happen on other platforms it's not BlackBerry Specific however if this is really a wide spread issue on BlackBerry 10 caused by a bug BlackBerry needs to attend to it right away, Bla 1ze has already said he informed them. Hopefully they respond or at least fix the issue if its their problem. I was quite concerned about this issue and I spoke with my IT Dept and was informed that we never had this problem, I will be keeping a close eye on this.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I an familiar with the Gmail issue that occurred recently.

Still does not explain why the OP lost SMS, Facebook, etc. Items from his hub. Appears to be a BlackBerry 10 issue. Not server side.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    kbz1960 and darkehawke like this.
    02-27-14 11:38 PM
    Yes I an familiar with the Gmail issue that occurred recently.

Still does not explain why the OP lost SMS, Facebook, etc. Items from his hub. Appears to be a BlackBerry 10 issue. Not server side.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    I was referring to the other platforms. The links posted there. I am also wondering if it's a bug / virus introduced to the hub by virtue of downloading an Android app from a questionable source as many Android apps request permissions to access your email and messaging info including shared files.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it's quite noted there have been instances where emails have been mass deleted across platforms. This is different. If GMAIL gets deleted messages get deleted across platform, we all lose GMAIL messages, but that doesn't mean we all lose our text messages? I was wiped completely, period. Lost all 3 email accounts of 75 emails, 30 texts, emptied out Facebook in the HUB and app. Bottomline this was a HUB BlackBerry issue. I do appreciate you trying to help, I just don't see the relevancy in the articles.

02-27-14 11:49 PM
    I was referring to the other platforms. The links posted there. I am also wondering if it's a bug / virus introduced to the hub by virtue of downloading an Android app from a questionable source as many Android apps request permissions to access your email and messaging info including shared files.

Posted via CB10
    I'm on the original OS that came with my Z30, 10.2.0.1233 and have not side loaded a single app. I truly use my device as a communication tool making calls, texting, emailing, BBM'S, CB10, Facebook...that's it. have no need for updates and Android apps.

02-28-14 12:08 AM
    I'm on the original OS that came with my Z30, 10.2.0.1233 and have not side loaded a single app. I truly use my device as a communication tool making calls, texting, emailing, BBM'S, CB10, Facebook...that's it. have no need for updates and Android apps.

Very worrisome indeed!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 12:16 AM
    I just deleted all email accounts from hub, can't afford to take a loss of info like that. I am sorry you had to experience this first hand, that sucks =[

Posted via CB10
    In your settings you can make it so that when you delete emails they're only deleted off your phone, and not the server. I do that anyway because I'm paranoid of deleting emails by accident, even though I've never had this issue. I use my phone for 90% of my emailing and this way my laptop is like a backup!

Posted via CB10
    Rissa_Boo likes this.
    02-28-14 12:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    The fact that it is everything shows that those links do not apply here...

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-28-14 12:44 AM
    The fact that it is everything shows that those links do not apply here...

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Yeah I concur

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 12:54 AM
    In your settings you can make it so that when you delete emails they're only deleted off your phone, and not the server. I do that anyway because I'm paranoid of deleting emails by accident, even though I've never had this issue. I use my phone for 90% of my emailing and this way my laptop is like a backup!

Posted via CB10
    That's only if you're on 10.2.1 which isn't officially available yet on my carrier. Please don't mention Sachesi or leaks. I am not allowed to load, work issued BlackBerry and switch between Q10 and Z30 so can't mess with OS of either

02-28-14 12:54 AM
    I wish this wasn't a BlackBerry problem but it is, and it's about time they acknowledge it.

It clearly happens over many different BB10 devices, on many different OS versions, on normal use or BES. Let's stop blaming the users, this is not a user error.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    kbz1960 and bbq10l like this.
    02-28-14 01:08 AM
    Hello Rosco,

Condolences on the loss. However, as someone whom this happened to twice on a Q5 and once on a Z10, I must ask this, if you haven't done this : How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP | CrackBerry.com , the gmail-mail that gets deleted on your phone does not go to trash, it actually gets archived in All Mail. I found all my deleted gmail data on email, and recovered it by moving those mails to Inbox on the desktop.
    I just logged into an old inactive Yahoo Account for the first time in 4 years to check the same, but it appears Yahoo has no archiving setup. What's deleted is gone, it seems, I don't know why nothing goes to trash.. My Outlook account behaves better, I recovered Outlook mails from the trash, it hadn't gotten archived.
    Thankfully my EAS contacts from Outlook were untouched (which makes it exclusively a Hub issue rather than an account syncing issue). I escalated this issue with BB tech support, spoke to some lady named Kristia, who offered to speak on the phone if the issue repeated. One mention was made of Low Storage (not memory) and believe me, on the Q5 you it's all too easy to get to that state. Later, I cleared the bigger apps, the Mapping app I use recently gave an update that moved offline maps to my media card so *fingers crossed* no Storage issues. Coincidentally, the Hub issue itself hasn't repeated since November. Hope your troubles get fixed too.

Regards,

*edit* to what I read in the previous post, I could be wrong but I think it is a 10.2 issue, I could be wrong about this with respect to others, but all 3 incidences I have experienced were on 10.2. But I've got data logging on, and if it does happening, I have phone date with Kristia or whoever in Tech support. On a side note, I just thought, why is BB support not on BBM and CHannels? So cool if you could screenshare and SHOW them the issue!
    02-28-14 01:19 AM
    Or your BlackBerry ID was vulnerable to a hacker and he infiltrated the OS security

Posted via my white sexy Z10 10.2.1.2102
    02-28-14 01:30 AM
    @CrackedRosco: to followup on what suneel_r wrote, can you go to Settings/Storage and Access and see what your data usage is? For example on the device in front of me here it says "7 GB of 16 GB used".

This may not tell us much of value since you wiped the OS and reloaded an earlier backup, but it might offer a smoking gun.
    02-28-14 03:40 AM
    Or your BlackBerry ID was vulnerable to a hacker and he infiltrated the OS security

Posted via my white sexy Z10 10.2.1.2102
    First, I know and appreciate you trying to help. It's a long thread so you probably haven't read it all.

I'm on an official OS that's never been updated past Verizon launch on 10.2.0.1233 and haven't side loaded apps, BBM'd win anyone other than friends and co-workers. No apps loaded with any permissions given. If they ask for permissions I don't use them.

I literally communicate only through talk, text, email, BBM, Facebook, and then have like 10 apps total like CBS Sports, CB10, Team Stream, Flipboard, Wikipedia, etc. Nothing that should allow an attacker to hack in.

02-28-14 05:19 AM
    Hello Rosco,

Condolences on the loss. However, as someone whom this happened to twice on a Q5 and once on a Z10, I must ask this, if you haven't done this : How to prevent deleted Gmail messages from archiving when synced using IMAP | CrackBerry.com , the gmail-mail that gets deleted on your phone does not go to trash, it actually gets archived in All Mail. I found all my deleted gmail data on email, and recovered it by moving those mails to Inbox on the desktop.
    I just logged into an old inactive Yahoo Account for the first time in 4 years to check the same, but it appears Yahoo has no archiving setup. What's deleted is gone, it seems, I don't know why nothing goes to trash.. My Outlook account behaves better, I recovered Outlook mails from the trash, it hadn't gotten archived.
    Thankfully my EAS contacts from Outlook were untouched (which makes it exclusively a Hub issue rather than an account syncing issue). I escalated this issue with BB tech support, spoke to some lady named Kristia, who offered to speak on the phone if the issue repeated. One mention was made of Low Storage (not memory) and believe me, on the Q5 you it's all too easy to get to that state. Later, I cleared the bigger apps, the Mapping app I use recently gave an update that moved offline maps to my media card so *fingers crossed* no Storage issues. Coincidentally, the Hub issue itself hasn't repeated since November. Hope your troubles get fixed too.

Regards,

*edit* to what I read in the previous post, I could be wrong but I think it is a 10.2 issue, I could be wrong about this with respect to others, but all 3 incidences I have experienced were on 10.2. But I've got data logging on, and if it does happening, I have phone date with Kristia or whoever in Tech support. On a side note, I just thought, why is BB support not on BBM and CHannels? So cool if you could screenshare and SHOW them the issue!
    Checked Gmail All Mail folder and those emails were not in there, same for Yahoo. Still doesn't explain the purpose of the thread at this point. Appreciate your help but I think we are beyond where did they go and are more focusing on why it occurred. As for storage, I only have 5GB used total so I believe I have plenty of storage. Additionally, all a picture would have shown was an empty HUB, not sure what BlackBerry Support could deduct from a picture of that, but I do appreciate the suggestions.

02-28-14 05:26 AM
215 ... 23456 ...