Yep, this bug hit me hard too and I'm so sick of people telling me it was "user error".

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    bbq10l and Berry_Pink like this.
    02-27-14 01:59 PM
    Yep, this bug hit me hard too and I'm so sick of people telling me it was "user error".

How did you fix it? Did it just go back to normal?

Sent with my Z10, Q10, or Z30 on Verizon from Philly
    02-27-14 02:01 PM

I fixed it by going back to BIS email and selling the Q10.

bbq10l likes this.
    02-27-14 02:02 PM
    What server, why would it be Gmail and Yahoo, and why would it impact my entire HUB?

Because you said it's NOT in your trash off the desktop. As I have said you can get them restored by Yahoo and Gmail but it must be done quickly you need to contact yahoo and Gmail, why would it impact your entire hub is a good question but it's very odd that the deleted emails are not in your trash.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:03 PM

In addition to be safe I would get the email archiver app, in the event it should happen again it's available to BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:07 PM
    Bloody hell. Thanks for the heads up, this would be catastrophic for me and my business.

How can people Trust a device that could do this, I'd have drop kicked the phone in the nearest river.

I presume this is an imap mail box?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    02-27-14 02:08 PM
    Bloody hell. Thanks for the heads up, this would be catastrophic for me and my business.

How can people Trust a device that could do this, I'd have drop kicked the phone in the nearest river.

3 months of received and sent work emails gone in my case. SMS weren't a big deal really, nothing important there.

02-27-14 02:10 PM
    3 months of received and sent work emails gone in my case. SMS weren't a big deal really, nothing important there.

I wonder if this could happen with any email client and os? I copy all my received emails to a Gmail account that I can't access on any mobile device.

Not heard of this before.

02-27-14 02:13 PM
    You don't know if this is BlackBerry or your email server. The mysterious case for the time being

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:28 PM
    You don't know if this is BlackBerry or your email server. The mysterious case for the time being

Posted via CB10
    Highly doubt it's all email servers (Yahoo and Gmail) coincidentally at the same time. Just sayin'.
    KoreyTM and Berry_Pink like this.
    02-27-14 02:30 PM
    Highly doubt it's all email servers (Yahoo and Gmail) coincidentally at the same time. Just sayin'.
    It's quite possible Yahoo, gmail and outlook "upgraded" their protocols recently they advised of this, there exists a possibility that it's a server issue

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 02:33 PM
    I fixed it by going back to BIS email and selling the Q10.

Yikes, it hit your Q10...hit my Z30, was hoping it was just a Z30 issue maybe so went back to my Q10. Great, I can look forward to my Q10 getting whacked too.

02-27-14 02:40 PM

Just your standard Gmail and Yahoo logged in with user name and password, not advanced settings.

02-27-14 02:42 PM
    It' a Blackberry issue. Both of my accounts that disappeared at the same time were on 2 different exchange servers/domains.
    KoreyTM likes this.
    02-27-14 02:43 PM
    It' a Blackberry issue. Both of my accounts that disappeared at the same time were on 2 different exchange servers/domains.
    I agree, must be something with the HUB, very frustrating. Spoke with BlackBerry Support and they wanted to hand me off to my carrier. My carrier probably doesn't know what a Z30 is.

02-27-14 02:47 PM
    02-27-14 03:30 PM
    02-27-14 03:35 PM
    That's all very nice but what does Gmail has to do with my hosted imap email accounts?

PFman and KoreyTM like this.
    02-27-14 03:38 PM
    That's all very nice but what does Gmail has to do with my hosted imap email accounts?

As I said that's a good question and if that happened to me I will be very angry, I can only suggest a solution of backing up you emails and device. You can get the email archiver app. Just to be safe .I was addressing the OP's dilemma btw.

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    02-27-14 03:42 PM
    As I said that's a good question and if that happened to me I will be very angry, I can only suggest a solution of backing up you emails and device. You can get the email archiver app. Just to be safe .I was addressing the OP's dilemma btw.

Posted via CB10
    I have been unable to get phone support from Gmail or Yahoo. I'm over losing the emails at this point and more concerned with the overall issue with HUB malfunction. I believe this is a BlackBerry issue and their support should be the point of contact. I sincerely appreciate your attempts to help.

Sent with my Q10 on VZW from Philly
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-27-14 04:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    That link does not address the missing sms and other accounts.
    It's a blackberry bug. We don't need smokescreens we need to shout about it so it can get fixed

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    KoreyTM likes this.
    02-27-14 04:29 PM
    That link does not address the missing sms and other accounts.
    It's a blackberry bug. We don't need smokescreens we need to shout about it so it can get fixed

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Exactly, we need CB to reach out to BB on this issue for an official statement

02-27-14 04:33 PM
    As someone who is on the cusp of buying a Z10 this is extremely disconcerting. The idea of a Blackberry product being unreliable in regards to email/sms is completely unacceptable and wholly incongruent to the Blackberry brand.

We need a solid/quickly implemented solution ASAP.
    02-27-14 05:20 PM
    It must be because my sms have disappeared
    02-27-14 05:43 PM
    Exactly, we need CB to reach out to BB on this issue for an official statement

Again I agree if its a BlackBerry issue they need to fix it ASAP I again was just trying to assist the OP recover his lost emails not addressing the other issues as sms etc. I am curious to know how many other users have had this issue and this thread should continue for others to report it here. BlackBerry has been known for reliable email and messaging and if this is a problem that's widespread I say shout it loud to have it rectified ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 05:45 PM
215 1234 ...