As the title states, my HUB is completely empty. No emails, texts, BBM, Facebook, etc. If I swipe once more all the individual accounts are empty as well. Worst part is I believe it actually full deleted the emails because they are no longer on my computer email

I tried:
    Restarting
    Resetting
    Swiping 5 times to reset HUB
    Deleting and re-adding email accounts

Anybody know what would cause this?

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    Last edited by CrackedRosco; 02-27-14 at 04:58 AM.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    02-27-14 03:51 AM
    As the title states, my HUB is completely empty. No emails, texts, BBM, Facebook, etc. If I swipe once more all the individual accounts are empty as well. Worst part is I believe it actually full deleted the emails because they are no longer on my computer email

I tried:
    Restarting
    Resetting
    Swiping 5 times to reset HUB
    Deleting and re-adding email accounts

Anybody know what would cause this?

Do you have any accounts configured other than email?

SMS? Facebook? Twitter? Linked-In?

Did you try sending a test message to SMS or email and see what happens?

If everything is completely blank, I'm inclined to think you have a corrupt Hub database.

If emails were deleted from your email account, that's obviously much more serious.

What sort of email accounts did you have on there and what email connection protocol?

What has changed on the device since the last time it was working correctly? Battery discharge or battery pull? Self-restart/crash?
    02-27-14 07:07 AM
    Do you have any accounts configured other than email?

SMS? Facebook? Twitter? Linked-In?

Did you try sending a test message to SMS or email and see what happens?

If everything is completely blank, I'm inclined to think you have a corrupt Hub database.

If emails were deleted from your email account, that's obviously much more serious.

What sort of email accounts did you have on there and what email connection protocol?

What has changed on the device since the last time it was working correctly? Battery discharge or battery pull? Self-restart/crash?
    In my HUB I had 1 GMAIL and 2 Yahoo Accounts configured normally, just enter name and password.

Also, had SMS/MMS, and BBM in the HUB along with Facebook.

Entire HUB was cleared when I woke up. Didn't change anything last night before I went to sleep.

When I discovered this, this morning I made sure I went into HUB settings and all were turned on.

Sent myself a text message and then emailed all 3 accounts from my work account. I received all messages to the HUB as if everything was back to normal.

It's like I did a "delete prior" in my sleep accidentally. So strange.

Sent with my Z10, Q10, or Z30 on Verizon from Philly
    02-27-14 10:37 AM
    Welcome to this wonderful bug. This is the same thing that has hit several other people and there is no real indication why. Belfast had it happen to him and a couple other people have as well. As far as I know there is no way to get anything back unless its in the deleted folder if you log on via the web or something
    02-27-14 10:43 AM
    02-27-14 10:49 AM
    Thanks...does it go back to working properly or do you have to reset factory settings?

02-27-14 10:58 AM
    that i dont know. can you add the accounts back right now?
    02-27-14 11:04 AM
    Yeah I've just lost all my sms. This isn't the first time something like thus has happened.

Not good
    02-27-14 11:17 AM
    Sorry to hear that but is your email gone from your phone only or from the server as well. For example login to Gmail account and confirm.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:31 AM
    Okay that sounds crazzy. I'm lucky that when this happened a restart fixed it.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:38 AM
    Sorry to hear that but is your email gone from your phone only or from the server as well. For example login to Gmail account and confirm.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    From the other threads it looks like everything is deleted from the server.
    I think this is pretty serious.

Lately, I think since the last update, I?ve noticed that when I restart my phone, my work outlook account takes forever to repopulate the Hub. I also get asked to provide my password again. This never happened before.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:53 PM
    Can somebody confirm if the server side emails are deleted.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:56 PM

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Everything that was on phone is gone from server, logged into Gmail and Yahoo and emails were gone.

02-27-14 12:57 PM
    that i dont know. can you add the accounts back right now?
    When I added accounts back, all went back to normal. Still everything lost but started getting new texts, emails, etc.

02-27-14 01:00 PM
    Can somebody confirm if the server side emails are deleted.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they are.

02-27-14 01:01 PM
    If the files were deleted you should still be able to find them in trash, it takes from 3 days for yahoo /Gmail to clear trash, it seems to me to be a server issue contact yahoo and Gmail and ask them to do a restore quickly, or they will be unable to do so ,the longer you wait.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-27-14 01:15 PM
    If the files were deleted you should still be able to find them in trash, it takes from 3 days for yahoo /Gmail to clear trash, it seems to me to be a server issue contact yahoo and Gmail and ask them to do a restore quickly, or they will be unable to do so ,the longer you wait.

Posted via CB10
    Others that this happened to said they aren't in the trash either.
    02-27-14 01:19 PM
    Same thing happened to me 2 days ago and about 3 times in the past. My email accounts completely disappeared from the hub but SMS, FB and other accounts were fine. After a battery pull, the accounts reappeared in the hub but only the emails from the past 10 or so minutes were in there. Luckily both accounts are Exchange so I didn't lose anything. I was not doing anything on my phone when it happened. Both accounts are set to keep forever so there must be max size or something.
    02-27-14 01:27 PM
    Shyt...I finally upgraded to BB10 and now this bug?? I'm already pissed I can't group text with this thing but I do like the bigger screen and the OS.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:33 PM
    This is one of the reasons I always use POP, and set the server to ignore email deletes. (you can so this in the outlook settongs as well as Gmail settings. )

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 01:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately they are not in the trash in Gmail or Yahoo. Additionally, while I appreciate the advice to check, that still doesn't resolve why the entire HUB emptied out including texts, BBM, calls, Facebook, etc.

Okay, so the HUB is sort of working now. If I get an email, it goes to the HUB, but if I swipe one more time and check that account separate it's not there. I've already reset to factory settings once and rebuilt the phone from contacts to accounts to sounds to apps and it's still not working right. Time to fire up the spare Q10. Nice I'll have my work Q10 and my personal Q10 to mix up again.

Thanks for everyone trying to help.

02-27-14 01:44 PM
    Others that this happened to said they aren't in the trash either.
    This is why precisely I believe it's a server issue if you delete from device or even the desktop the deleted emails WILL be in trash you need to contact Gmail/ Yahoo and ask them what's going on, they CAN do a system Restore of deleted emails but time is of essence if it's not done promptly you will lose it forever.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    02-27-14 01:45 PM
    Shyt...I finally upgraded to BB10 and now this bug?? I'm already pissed I can't group text with this thing but I do like the bigger screen and the OS.

Posted via CB10
    You can create text and email groups on OS 10.2.1 but if you mean just a single group text put in the recipients and check off the box for "Enable Group Conversation"

I've had a white and black Z10, a white and black Q10, and a Z30 since the launch of each device. This is the first problem I've ever had. Don't think of this as major bug or issue. It's happened scarcely from my understanding.

Welcome to BlackBerry 10...you're gonna love it.

02-27-14 01:50 PM
    This is why precisely I believe it's a server issue if you delete from device or even the desktop the deleted emails WILL be in trash you need to contact Gmail/ Yahoo and ask them what's going on, they CAN do a system Restore of deleted emails but time is of essence if it's not done promptly you will lose it forever.

Posted via CB10
    What server, why would it be Gmail and Yahoo, and why would it impact my entire HUB?

02-27-14 01:54 PM
    I take that back. My retention on the device (sync timeframe) for both accounts is set to 30 days and not forever. It should have known when it took a dump that 30 days needed to be reseeded to the device like it does on a fresh account addition.
    02-27-14 01:54 PM
215 123 ...