If Rim entered into this partnership, RIM could get access to Nokia maps and the time shifting camera technology (which it is already licensing) and RIM could give Nokia rights to license BB10. Sound reasonable and advantageous to both RIM and Nokia who are "fighting" to stay relevent?
    10-01-12 01:52 PM
    lol and the crap out of microsoft who is using nokia as their major WP8 pusher. keep dreaming
    10-01-12 02:18 PM
    We can get access to Nokia Maps right now...

Nokia Maps

And they already licensed the camera tech...
    10-01-12 03:43 PM
    We can get access to Nokia Maps right now...

Nokia Maps

And they already licensed the camera tech...
    where did you hear they were licensing the Camera tech. in your dreams man
    10-01-12 04:11 PM
    Nokia bought the company that RIM was using the Time warp camera from and were given the OK by Nokia to continue to use it
    10-01-12 04:13 PM
    There is now speculation that Nokia is going to be dismantled. Maybe RIM could buy Scalado outright.
    10-01-12 04:19 PM
    where did you hear they were licensing the Camera tech. in your dreams man
    Didn't you see the time-shifting feature on the camera being demo'ed? Licensed from Scalado. Also, the OP mentions it...

Let me google that for you
    10-01-12 04:20 PM
    There is now speculation that Nokia is going to be dismantled. Maybe RIM could buy Scalado outright.
    well being that MS is paying Nokia a lot. I don't see Nokia dying yet. but RIM is going alone which is a struggle
    10-01-12 04:58 PM
    nokia sucks
    10-01-12 05:08 PM
    I really don't think thats the partner they should pursue. Now Sony, a troubled smartphone vendor, I think Sony buying RIM, replacing their Xperia line with the L and N Series as well as this now rumoured A Series, that could be a recipe for success. Full integration with their Playstation, Bravia, Vaio lines and services. I think that would be a major potential tie up.
    abwan11 likes this.
    10-01-12 06:03 PM
    I like the idea of Nokia Maps being on a BB. Althought I'm not sure BB has anything to offer in a potential exchange.

Regarding the time shift camera technology. RIM licensed the tech from Scalado before Nokia acquired them, however I think Nokia merely said they will let that contract play itself out and won't address going further with it until that time comes... We'll just have to wait and see.
    10-01-12 06:17 PM
    And talking about this time shift camera, by the time BB10 rolls out, it ha already been regarded as old news.
    nokia has it.
    Samsung note 2 has it
    and sooner or later all the other camera phone will have it.
    and remember we still have at least another half year to go before BB10 launches (that is IF they launch it by march'13).

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-01-12 06:42 PM
    I really don't think thats the partner they should pursue. Now Sony, a troubled smartphone vendor, I think Sony buying RIM, replacing their Xperia line with the L and N Series as well as this now rumoured A Series, that could be a recipe for success. Full integration with their Playstation, Bravia, Vaio lines and services. I think that would be a major potential tie up.
    I agree, Sony has all the content rim needs and rim has the future OS. Sony could become as big and powerful as....well let see what happens.
    10-01-12 06:57 PM
    Sony and Nokia - a couple of failing also-rans - why would either of them be able to steer RIM to success?
    10-02-12 01:03 AM
    well being that MS is paying Nokia a lot. I don't see Nokia dying yet. but RIM is going alone which is a struggle
    The fact that RIM is building a unified company, going it alone as you say is in fact their advantage! I almost feel sorry for Nokia as MS has used and squandered the last chance they had. Which was time, about 2 years ago they could have solved they're own problems but chose not to. That time is gone now and mister softy is going into bed with just about anyone on WP8 and Nokia is now just going to be a small fish in a big pond. RIM however controls their own destiny. Soon you will see young grasshopper!
    abwan11 likes this.
    10-02-12 02:08 AM
    The fact that RIM is building a unified company, going it alone as you say is in fact their advantage! I almost feel sorry for Nokia as MS has used and squandered the last chance they had. Which was time, about 2 years ago they could have solved they're own problems but chose not to. That time is gone now and mister softy is going into bed with just about anyone on WP8 and Nokia is now just going to be a small fish in a big pond. RIM however controls their own destiny. Soon you will see young grasshopper!
    We'll see if BB10 succeeds are not. But Wp8 is a fine OS. for people who like personal phones. but BB10 has got Verizon for launch. but maybe AT&T and T-mobile. I think Wp8 got MS, Nokia, HTC, AT&T, Verizon, T-mobile and Samsung (Sammy has confirmed that they plan to dominate Wp as the same as Android so I think Sammy will advertise the Ativ S) and they even got the small Carriers, MetroPCs, Cricket and US cellular. . but you got 7 companies behind one OS and you got 6 Carriers carrying a Wp8 device.
    10-02-12 04:03 AM
    We'll see if BB10 succeeds are not. But Wp8 is a fine OS. for people who like personal phones. but BB10 has got Verizon for launch. but maybe AT&T and T-mobile. I think Wp8 got MS, Nokia, HTC, AT&T, Verizon, T-mobile and Samsung (Sammy has confirmed that they plan to dominate Wp as the same as Android so I think Sammy will advertise the Ativ S) and they even got the small Carriers, MetroPCs, Cricket and US cellular. . but you got 7 companies behind one OS and you got 6 Carriers carrying a Wp8 device.

Slow down a little my friend. Fairly hard to respond to all that. I will say AT&T is stated to be in on the BB10 launch! The rest add up to maybe 25% of the market?
    Again you need to understand, WP has no brand loyalty. They will struggle for years IMO because of that. RIM if advertised right has a clear shot back into the hearts and minds of the American consumers. BB10 Will be strong enough!
    +RIM is strong in many parts of the world as it is, this is another thing that will give BB10 the edge.
    10-02-12 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD