Hi,

I've got a problem when connecting my Bold 9700 to my home network. I have a 64-digit WPA security key enabled which I have inputted when connecting other devices with no problems.

However, when attempting to connect my Blackberry to the network, it tells me that the key must be between 8 and 63 characters long. I've searched the internet generally and there are a few other cases with the same problem, though I've never found a way around this.

The settings for the network I'm trying to connect to is set to Pre-Shared Key (PSK) which as far as I'm aware should be the right setting for inputting the key.

I really need some help with this, I hope someone can solve my problem.
    05-19-10 05:25 AM
    Are you inputting a human readable "passphrase" or a cryptic hexadecimal string? There is often confusion between the two if the device is also WEP aware. It would be unusual for a passphrase to be exactly 64 characters long ("the quick brown fox" is a legal WPA passphrase)

Otherwise, it sounds like a bug with a silly length constraint in the software of one side ort the other.
    05-19-10 05:41 AM
    Are you inputting a human readable "passphrase" or a cryptic hexadecimal string?
    It's just numbers and letters, and I've connected an Xbox 360 and a PSP to my home network using this key, so surely it would be the same for my Blackberry? No idea what else to try. I have access to my router through its address, but I don't want to do something that will disrupt connections to the devices already set up on the network.
    05-19-10 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD