Greetings,

I am wanting to beef up my security in my Linksys Wireless router (WRT54G). The wireless security modes in my linksys router admin page are as follows:

WEP
    WPA Personal
    WPA Enterprise
    WPA2 Personal
    WPA2 Enterprise
    RADIUS

To include options to change the "Default Transmit Key", change the WEP encryption (64 &128 bit) plus passphrase.

The security modes on the Bold are:

WEP
    LSK
    PSK (Pre-Shared Key)
    PEAP
    LEAP
    EAP-TLS
    EAP-FAST
    EAP-TTLS
    EAP-SIM

Ok. The question is....if I decide to go with anything better than WEP on my wireless router to, for example, WPA Personal, what mode will I have to select when trying to set up my WIFI access from my BOLD?

Please, any info will be very helpful!

Thanks!
    Last edited by webhead; 08-02-09 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Add more info
    08-02-09 11:51 AM
    The Bold will automatically detect what kind of network it is and all you have to do is type in the password, shouldn't have to change anything on your phone.
    08-02-09 12:00 PM
    Well, how will the Bold do that when I might not be even broadcasting my WIFI ID?
    08-02-09 12:03 PM
    The Bold will locate the wifi, you have to enter your id.
    08-02-09 12:41 PM
    Ok. Now has anyone here tried to set up a linksys WRT54G to a WPA Enterprise type of security?
    08-02-09 01:35 PM
    I've got mine set up on WPA2 Personal... Most devices ask for the PSK (pre-shared key).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 01:41 PM
    I have a NetGear DG834GT router, set to WPA-PSK and sometimes the Bold connects to the network, but doesn't seem to stream any data. Don't know why.
    08-02-09 01:57 PM
    gt500driver,

What type of algorithm are you running? I tried running TKIP+AES and the Bold couldn't connect.
    08-02-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD