08-07-09 11:01 PM
    This looks ridiculous. There is a wire to the pad. Its basically a hip new charging cradle. FAIL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 10:40 AM
    Just like the palm pre. Sucks!
    08-08-09 11:43 AM
    you know shake to me this seems great, i would love to just be able to throw most any of my electronics on a mat like that and they would charge with out having to plug them in
    08-08-09 11:44 AM
    That depends what those electronics are.
    Some requires you to plug in the cord.
    08-08-09 11:49 AM
    My watch uses inductive charging. It's pretty cool. Just set the watch on its charging pad overnight and it's charged for 2+ months.

It would be neat to see charging pads like that for other devices, but the device itself would have to have the hardware to handle inductive charging.
    08-08-09 12:30 PM
    My watch uses inductive charging. It's pretty cool. Just set the watch on its charging pad overnight and it's charged for 2+ months.

It would be neat to see charging pads like that for other devices, but the device itself would have to have the hardware to handle inductive charging.

What kind of watch is it and where can i buy it?
    08-08-09 12:43 PM
    Hope the odin comes out just in time for this xD
    08-08-09 01:33 PM
    O, and yes, do tell where you got that watch xD
    08-08-09 01:35 PM
    I actually saw somwthing about this on t.v. (Discovery chnl maybe). They said they r designing these mats to be big enough to cover counters n u can actualy run your appliances on them

08-08-09 01:41 PM
    Having this on the S2 would be nice. I too like to just put down the phone and go. I currently have a G'Zone Type S and it takes a few minutes to get the plug in, as I always seem to put it in backwards.
    08-20-09 05:52 PM
    From the reviews of the latest induction charger released for the Palm Pre - I have to say I'm underwhelmed...

If you don't mind leaving your device literally on the pad for half a day to recharge (say, before going to bed) then fine - but for standard charging that takes probably less than an hour or two, you're still going to need to go the corded route.

Which for me is no biggie. I can plug my BB into the usb cord in what? 2 seconds?
    I leave the usb cord plugged into the wall socket just for that - which you'd have to do for an inductive charger as well. Saving myself .9 seconds of time to begin charging isn't worth the trade off to me, between charging to full capacity in one hour vs having to wait 6.

But gimmicks sell pretty well too, so if the Storm 2 had one it'd probably be snatched up by a fair amount of people.
    08-21-09 12:01 PM
    an aftermarket company makes something similar for charging your PS3 wireless controllers

saw it at best buy a week ago for $29.99
    08-21-09 12:16 PM
    <Typical ghey fanboi forum response>That looks TOTALLY LAME. Didn't anyone ever tell them that Duracell just came out with something similar? Duh. They are so stupid. I won't be happy until they can send me power OT-MF-A with the rest of my servicebooks. All people are so stupid except for me in my mom's basement. </TGFFR>

PedroC88 likes this.
    08-21-09 12:51 PM
    You still have to add their ugly pad to your device. FAIL...
    08-21-09 12:53 PM
    i agree-failure.
    08-21-09 03:58 PM
    What kind of watch is it and where can i buy it?
    My watch is from the Dakota Watch Company. They usually have a place in the mall.

The watch I have is the REQ Dakota Torch which uses electromagnetic charging. They have several watches with the inductive charging, which is pretty kewl.
    08-21-09 09:16 PM
    dont see what the big deal is here over this technology... my freakin electric toothbrush had it 8 years ago... there were no metal contacts on the brush or on the base...

same/similar technology...
    08-21-09 09:26 PM
    Wildcharge has something similar. I use it to charge my PS3 controller. They just released a universal adapter which I am waiting for...hope it works well!!!
    08-21-09 09:54 PM
    Get a Citizen Eco Drive watch. They are solar powered.
    08-22-09 03:05 PM
    not possible , i think its just a prank .. wireless charging is very hard as it will cause all the ions in the atmosphere to get 'active' and fly around.
    08-22-09 11:19 PM
    That wireless charger is a damn scam just like its for the palm pre. You still have to keep it on a certain stationary place plus it charges slower F that! If a person is too lazy to plug their phone to a cord then that person should not even have a phone at all. Hope it does not come out for blackberries, it gives a bad perception just like for the pre

08-23-09 03:06 AM
    This is actually revolutionary technology as well as what the Odin posseses...this plus odin would be great.

damn I want that phone.
    08-23-09 03:12 AM
    Revolutionary? Maybe but surely not ready for primetime. Also it should not be marketed as a wireless charger but as a charging dock or such

08-23-09 03:19 AM
    You still have to add their ugly pad to your device. FAIL...

+1
    technology is still too new and bulky
    08-23-09 03:48 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD