So I set up my BB Tour and put in my email address with the email set up but now I want to remove that address and just use the gmail app for it. I couldn't fine a way to remove it so I thought I'd just wipe the phone. I did, twice, one without wiping third party apps and once with wiping third party apps.

I have a number of issues with the wipe. The phone does NOT return to as new. Pictures download off the internet remain in my picture folder, my ringtones are still there, the Slacker radio download icon WILL NOT go away and what's worse is my email is still being pushed to my blackberry.

How do you truly wipe this phone? Do you have to do it manually?
    07-29-09 06:25 PM
    The pics and ringtones may be on your media card, that is not wiped.

Slacker Radio is now pushed by your service books, so that icon will always be there.

The only way to truly delete your email acct is through the email setup icon or logging in to the Verizon BIS site:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    07-29-09 06:29 PM
    Try a wipe using JL Commander. A quick search will give you the download info.
    07-29-09 06:30 PM
    Email accounts are stored in your BIS account, not on the phone. Wiping the phone will not remove the email accounts, they have to be removed from the BIS account. Go to email setup on the phone, login, and then select the account and delete it or login to your BIS account and delete it.

Pictures, ringtones, etc are stored on either the internal memory or a memory card. Wiping the phone is not going to wipe the memory. You need to do that manually.

The slacker icon could be part of the OS your installing. Carriers add applications to the OS all the time.
    07-29-09 06:31 PM
    Try a wipe using JL Commander. A quick search will give you the download info.
    Not always the best advice to give someone as a reply to their first post.
    07-29-09 06:31 PM
    Got it deleted, thanks to all for all the help. If only I could find support like this for performance automotive tuning I'd have a headache free life!

As far as the suggestion for JL Commander, I didn't need it but ALL help is appreciated. I may be new and dumb but I'm not new to being dumb. :P

Thanks again.
    07-29-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD