On Sunday morning I woke up to find that my Curve 9300 had been completely wiped clean and reset to factory settings. At the ATT store, they confirmed that my SIM card is blank. With RIM on the phone, I learned that back up was corrupted, so I have nothing and am looking at having to manually input my data from my Microsoft Outlook.

ATT is sending me a new SIM card, is there any guarentee that that will prevent this from happening again? When I spoke to ATT about getting rid of the phone, and getting an iPhone, they are quoting me over $400 in early replacement fees and the fee for the phone.

On top of it all, for the last month I've had a horrible time getting my voicemail visual prompt to work and finally got it resolved the middle of last week.

Are any of these things related? Does anyone have any insight?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

SetterCrazy
    05-30-12 10:27 AM
    Wow. That must have sucked, having to input all your info again, it has happened to me on the iPhone, but not on my blackberry.

I would suggest reinstalling the OS and carefully reload each and every app, making sure you leave enough memory for the phone to do its work.

Try for a few more weeks before throwing a great device away for a bitten apple...
    settercrazy likes this.
    05-30-12 11:08 AM
    i've actually has this happen to me twice before on previous bbs. my solution was a battery pull.

did you try rebooting your device via pulling the battery?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    settercrazy likes this.
    05-30-12 11:24 AM
    I tried the batter reboot-unfortunately, I still don't have contacts/calendar etc. Thanks for touching base though.
    05-30-12 01:24 PM
    How horrible for you. I'd hate it. I do keep more than one backup on my PC.
    05-30-12 08:33 PM
    I back up weekly... every Sunday on all my Blackberry devices... nothing more I hate to do, is to manually enter all my crap again...

Sorry for your problems though.

Did you try to delete your email accounts, battery pull, then add your email accounts back on, and get your contacts back, from your backup?
    05-30-12 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD