Difference between a great and a below average commercial

Windows You tube hit 6.5 Million

Z10 commercial youtube hits 0.7 M

This excludes the number of shares Windows commercial got on Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    h20work and jegs2 like this.
    07-20-13 03:00 PM
    i agree...that windows commercial is very good. the BB commercial doesnt really do it for me though
    h20work likes this.
    07-20-13 03:09 PM
    Windows did a great job making fun of the other two but doesn't really show what the phone is about.

Posted via CB10
    amazinglygraceless and web99 like this.
    07-20-13 03:12 PM
    Dammit.. I just gave the Windows commercial another view what a great commercial
    sosof, eldricho and h20work like this.
    07-20-13 03:13 PM
    LoL at 0:27. "Weeeeee". Good show windows.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    07-20-13 03:18 PM
    I watched it a few times to laugh at it (windows) but Nokia has been only promoting the camera in their phone nothing more. While BlackBerry one shows you the progress of the phone and the functions of the new software, you just have to watch it once to know what they are saying in it.
    web99 likes this.
    07-20-13 03:22 PM
    Who knew a commercial with actual people would be better received...
    mathking606 likes this.
    07-20-13 03:27 PM
    I watched it a few times to laugh at it (windows) but Nokia has been only promoting the camera in their phone nothing more. While BlackBerry one shows you the progress of the phone and the functions of the new software, you just have to watch it once to know what they are saying in it.
    The z10 commercial has more impact in the full length commercial linked to above. This is the first time i've seen the full length. The 30s spot shown on TV doesnt have enough transitions so the effect of the commercial is lost. What a pity.

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    07-20-13 03:29 PM
    Actually, I find the z10 commercial much better cause it actually showed the features of the phone. Even though, they didn't explain what they are, it's nice to actually see them.

Meanwhile, the windows phone commericla all you see are people attacking each other and a quick second of the actuall phone.

BlackBerry Z10 commercials wins to me

Posted via CB10
    web99 likes this.
    07-20-13 09:33 PM
    The Blackberry ad sucks and the Windows ad is great, the end.
    Seabreeze101 likes this.
    07-20-13 10:52 PM
    Yep, windows commercial entertaining. BB, irritating.
    07-20-13 11:11 PM
    I agree that the windows phone ad doesnt show much of the phone and features and for them they dont need to. The point was to make fun of android and ios users and it does it in a geat way. The BB commercials DO need to show more of the phone and features since most people "think" they already know what a BB is and what it can do. They dont know its a new BB though. The commercial in short 30 form doesnt do this nor is it funny and eye catching. The long verson is good but no one sees that on TV, only the short.

You cant slap the same type of ad compaign on both products. It just wont work. MS hit it perfectly this time. Same with their tablet commercial with an ipad and SIRI. BB still hasnt found its spot in the commercials. Hopefully they can soon, they have to.
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-21-13 04:56 AM
    I'm sorry every time I watch the blackberry ads I ask my self who in the hell at BlackBerry sat in the presentation room when the ad company pitched this and said this is awesome! I would have stood up and said this sucks doesn't get anything across to the consumer. The executives at BlackBerry should be ashamed they Dropped the ball big time on marketing.

Posted Via my Z-10
    annon91221, h20work and eldricho like this.
    07-21-13 05:52 AM
    Good advertising doesn't guarantee success but I think it is hard to have success without good advertising.

The Lumia ad is entertaining but it is not really memorable as a Lumia ad. It comes across more as an attack on Apple and Samsung. It makes you question why you would want to buy an Apple or Samsung but it does not give you a reason to buy a Lumia. So, I don't think the Lumia ad is a great ad for the Lumia.

BB ads need to find a way get people interested in their products. Simply attacking other products does not work - it has not worked for Nokia.

The Samsung ads may attack Apple but they always focus on the Samsung phones' features and conclude that the "next big thing is here."

Apple's PC/MAC ads focused on how Apple was better (and cooler) than PC.

BB needs to articulate a reason why people should buy a BB10 phone over others and then build a memorable ad around that premise.

BB keeps talking about "BlackBerry People" Maybe it should put one of those people in an ad with an Apple Person and an Android Person and show how the BB10 is the right choice for Blackberry People.
    07-21-13 06:26 AM
    That Windows commercial was entertaining. BlackBerry commercials aren't.

Posted via Pilot's Q10
    07-21-13 07:27 AM
    Out of a commercial that takes 1:03 in full length form, you have maybe 12 seconds of something about a phone. The rest is just images of people moving. Yawn.
    In the M$ commercial, it's all about phones, with a little bit about an alternative.
    07-21-13 07:48 AM
    BlackBerry commercials are boring. I believe they need to swap the typical office guy for regular consumers. Just like Apple, Samsung, and Microsoft do.

I didn't see a single office guy in the video below.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 07:51 AM
    BlackBerry commercials are boring. I believe they need to swap the typical office guy for regular consumers. Just like Apple, Samsung, and Microsoft do.

Posted via CB10
    This ad and the BB ad above is conceptually the same, only that this Apple ad revolves around real life situations while the BB is based on I don't know anyone who would walk down desert dunes would require a BB10.

The Lumia ad is a bit meh but the chuckle value offsets that.
    07-21-13 08:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    the last 3 apple commercials from this series are gold. Great music, great theme they are longer too so they can fill it with more awesome lol
    edu3110 likes this.
    07-21-13 08:25 AM
    i agree...that windows commercial is very good. the BB commercial doesnt really do it for me though
    Was actually lol when watching the Windows commercial. The BB commercial was interesting, though IMO it didn't have the entertainment value of the first, making it (at least for me) forgettable.
    07-21-13 08:41 AM
    Blackberry NEEDS to fire everyone in the PR and Marketing departments. All they have done is got paid and promoted the BB10 devices like the playbook. Wonder why it doesn't sell? Keep moving sure as heck won't do it or "Alicia Keys" with her fake position in the company. 95% of the commercial focuses on the HUB, or time shift. WOW them with something other than things people really don't care about!
    xBURK likes this.
    07-21-13 08:47 AM
    while the BB is based on I don't know anyone who would walk down desert dunes would require a BB10.

Lmao!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 08:54 AM
    Remember the apple commercial with the hi I'm apple and the other frumpy fellow with glasses and I'm PC. They really did an amazing job with that campaign. This is what BlackBerry needs something to get people talking at the office. I'm in sales and my #1 rule has always been never bash the competition, but there is other ways to get your point across when marketing. BlackBerry has failed miserably in my opinion big time with their latest attempt.

Posted Via my Z-10
    xBURK likes this.
    07-21-13 09:07 AM
    While the Windows phone ad is humorous it doesn't show the features. BlackBerry needed to shed the skin of the old RIM devices. When you think of what they had to do its very impressive. The 920 didn't have to change a mindset, merely generate interest.

IMO BlackBerry needs to do all the above, generate interest, show the features and show simplicity of use.

Posted securely by BlackBerry Z10
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    07-21-13 09:36 AM
    The windows commercial sucks. BlackBerry one actually shows the poduct. BlackBerry had a good ad, it just didnt air enough.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-21-13 12:12 PM
41 12