I don't think we should underestimate WP. They have a powerful company behind them. and the Nokia Lumia 920 is getting a lot of attention in China. The WP 8X has been getting line ups in Malaysia. China is which is where OEMs are targeting right now. Something that RIM couldn't do.
    01-06-13 08:39 PM
    I am a WP user, and the author of the zombie thread (OP was my alt)

WP reminds me of a zombie because it rose from the dead and is now slowly taking over the world, as we now have stronger sales.
    01-06-13 09:16 PM
    ^^^"take over the world"?
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 3% marketshare is hardly taking over the world.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-06-13 09:27 PM
    ^^

Let's also look at the fact that WP8 has been out for two months.

WP7 had no marketshare, and WP8 is being talked about/advertised/sold out everywhere.

Blackberry has no room to talk with it's 3 or 5 % or whatever it is.
    01-06-13 09:31 PM
    It may not be as user friendly as Windows is but it is user friendly now. Unless you are running one of the BSD or slack distros where you have to compile your own kernel maybe but the ubuntu, opensuse and so on is a cake to install, run and maintain.
    or mint, or any number of plug and play linux distros. ( yah, I have played with the OS)
    01-06-13 10:39 PM
    I dont care what we call BB10 as long as it isnt walking dead.
    bb10_fan likes this.
    01-06-13 10:41 PM
    I have not had a Windows 8 Phone in my hand and I won't try one either, because those icons on the home screen are hideous and **** ugly. That looks to me like a toy for a three year old. It doesn't matter to me how good it is supposed to be, those icons are such a turn off. That is no design, that is a shame. There is no design there at all. I am surprised that something like got the nod from corporate.
    01-06-13 10:47 PM
    Mmmmmm... brains....

Hey, what's that? It's a plant, and it's shooting peas at me!
    01-06-13 10:54 PM
    I have not had a Windows 8 Phone in my hand and I won't try one either, because those icons on the home screen are hideous and **** ugly. That looks to me like a toy for a three year old. It doesn't matter to me how good it is supposed to be, those icons are such a turn off. That is no design, that is a shame. There is no design there at all. I am surprised that something like got the nod from corporate.
    The icons are minimalist and "authentically digital," versus sheuomorphic 3D icons that make one go "oooh, ahhhh." The power is in the functionality -- good design is solving problems, not overwrought graphical elements (IMO).

Windows Phone has its eccentricities, but it is also super-fast and super-efficient. My friends with iPhones and Androids have row after row of pretty, fancily-rendered icons, but they have to swipe-swipe-swipe through that icon grid and then tap-tap-tap-tap-tap through menu after menu to get things done.

For me? I get an e-mail, I tap the Live Tile to read it, I tap "reply" and type out a reply and I'm done. I see something I like, I take a quick photo just by holding down the camera button, tap "share," and I'm done. And so on.

It's super-addictive to have that level of integration and efficiency. I really miss it when I have to use an iPhone or (shudder) Android device.
    01-06-13 11:00 PM
    I am a WP user, and the author of the zombie thread (OP was my alt) WP reminds me of a zombie because it rose from the dead and is now slowly taking over the world, as we now have stronger sales.
    Zombie are just outside alive, inside still dead, just like Windows Phone
    01-07-13 06:09 AM
    ^^

Let's also look at the fact that WP8 has been out for two months.

WP7 had no marketshare, and WP8 is being talked about/advertised/sold out everywhere.

Blackberry has no room to talk with it's 3 or 5 % or whatever it is.
    BlackBerry has huge audience to talk That's what WP doesn't have
    01-07-13 06:10 AM
    The icons are minimalist and "authentically digital," versus sheuomorphic 3D icons that make one go "oooh, ahhhh." The power is in the functionality -- good design is solving problems, not overwrought graphical elements (IMO).
    Looks like you talk about Android/iOS/BB10

Windows Phone has its eccentricities, but it is also super-fast and super-efficient. My friends with iPhones and Androids have row after row of pretty, fancily-rendered icons, but they have to swipe-swipe-swipe through that icon grid and then tap-tap-tap-tap-tap through menu after menu to get things done.
    and on WP you do what, think of an action and it's just read your mind? Layout of icons on WP is the worst among all OSs. Apart that many of them are just of same color, they also aligned in one long list.

For me? I get an e-mail, I tap the Live Tile to read it, I tap "reply" and type out a reply and I'm done. I see something I like, I take a quick photo just by holding down the camera button, tap "share," and I'm done. And so on.
    and if you have several accounts, like most people do, you Tap->Tap->Tap...
    01-07-13 06:26 AM
    People don't "use" kernels. They use interfaces. Metro is nothing like traditional Windows.
    But the OS is a kernel with some icing of UI. So if your OS has an old kernel, there is nothing new about the OS, just different wrapper.
    01-07-13 06:32 AM
    But the OS is a kernel with some icing of UI. So if your OS has an old kernel, there is nothing new about the OS, just different wrapper.
    I am pretty sure Windows 8 has plenty of newly written code throughout regardless of where.
    01-07-13 12:33 PM
    I am pretty sure Windows 8 has plenty of newly written code throughout regardless of where.
    It does, the whole UI shell was written from scratch, no one argue with this
    01-07-13 01:26 PM
    Blackberry reminds me of a dead zombie..
    So...that means they're alive?
    01-08-13 03:41 AM
    I actually really like windows on my surface tablet. I suspect the phone would be a similar experience. if the while rim thing doewnt work out, microsoft will have me for a customer. however I believe in Blackberry so pretty sure it is not going to get to that point.

9900 and playbook still a great combination as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    01-08-13 03:54 AM
42 12