Crackberry Newbie but reasonably computer stuff literate
    I have a new 8800 on T-Mobile but a friend with 8830WE on Verizon s having same problem.

When I connect the phone via USB to laptop (running Vista Home Premium), I get the "Do I want to scan and fix removable Disk "X" (where X equals whatever drive has been assigned to the device by Windows) window with the option to scan and fix or continue without scanning. Regardless of whether I click either option or close out the window, Media Player launches.

This started after I moved some MP3s and ringtones to the media card. The move to the media card was simple enough and I have Mass Storage enabled. When not enabled, I cannot access my ringtones, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I need to turn off, change or whatever to stop this annoying situation? Thanks
    05-02-08 09:20 PM
    is it the roxio media that launces or windows media player ?
    05-02-08 09:26 PM
    I'm guessing windows media. If I tell mine too it will launch but never no matter what. Sounds like you checked a box in windows to make it auto open or something. Sorry not running vista to help out more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-08 09:28 PM
    It is Windows Media Player and starts off with the first song in the queue. How do you turn that off? The media player is not even the default for MP3s. Thanks in advance.
    05-02-08 09:30 PM
    oh there is an option when the x drive opens that says what you want it to do you probably checked for it to open windows media and to do this everytime try turning mass media storage off connect it then turn it back on and select which option you would like
    05-02-08 09:33 PM
    to turn it off from your phone go to options/advanced options/media card and turn it off there
    05-02-08 09:37 PM
    I got to looking around the features in options after your suggestion and changed the Mass Storage Mode Auto Enable Mode when connected to No and then to prompt and it stopped the mess. I just have to remember that when I am playing with the Roxio MM to enable that function. Thanks mucho. Happy 5 May.
    05-02-08 09:52 PM
    you're welcome always glad to help !!!! happy cinco de mayo soon !!!
    05-02-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD