I really wanted to get my hotmail in my BB, but always got the error when I tried to add another email. So i installed windows live and tried to add it again, and it worked. It said I should start receiving mail within 20 minutes.

Couldnt wait, so i sent myself and an email to my hotmail, and it got directed to my gmail account (only on my the BB though). I can still see the emails sent to me in my hotmail mailbox from my pc.

has anyone tried installing windows live and tried doing this on their blackberry.

FYI, I didnt do anything to forward my hotmail mail to my gmail.
    12-17-07 05:44 PM
    I use windows live, and still can't add it to my account. Never worried about it though, mostly stick with yahoo and Gmail.
    12-17-07 07:47 PM
    really.. does anyone else here use windows live and tried adding hotmail to blackberry.
    12-17-07 07:50 PM
    With windows live you can not get email on the BB, unless you pay $20 a year for live plus. Consider gmail or yahoo...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-07 10:13 PM
    i actually got all my hotmail mail forwarded to my gmail. but after talking to an att rep, I dont get anything from hotmail now. great.
    12-17-07 10:17 PM
    With windows live you can not get email on the BB, unless you pay $20 a year for live plus. Consider gmail or yahoo...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    do you know where I can pay. like others, I have contacts and such and would not want to switch around. 20 dollars isnt going to end my life, but going to make it easier for to email with my blackberry.
    12-17-07 10:27 PM
    do you know where I can pay. like others, I have contacts and such and would not want to switch around. 20 dollars isnt going to end my life, but going to make it easier for to email with my blackberry.

Her you are...

Windows Live Hotmail Plus

I too did not want to switch right now and caughed up the $20... I hope to either switch to gmail or yahoo or figure something out in the next 12 months. I cant remember just how long I have had my hotmail address but if has been over seven years.
    12-18-07 03:38 AM
    On a similar note, im fortunate that my hotmail account is sufficently old enough that it works with my BB without paying for the hotmail 'plus'..... my biggest gripe though is that its consistantly slow - it takes about 8-10 minutes from the email appearing in my hotmail account for it to be forwarded to my BB, opposed to my other pop email accounts which are almost instant.

Does anyone know if i pay for the upgraded will this help with the delay, or will i just be $20 lighter.......

thanks!!!

Ant
    12-18-07 10:27 AM
    It probably won't change anything anthony.
    12-18-07 10:38 AM
    On a similar note, im fortunate that my hotmail account is sufficently old enough that it works with my BB without paying for the hotmail 'plus'..... my biggest gripe though is that its consistantly slow - it takes about 8-10 minutes from the email appearing in my hotmail account for it to be forwarded to my BB, opposed to my other pop email accounts which are almost instant.

Does anyone know if i pay for the upgraded will this help with the delay, or will i just be $20 lighter.......

thanks!!!

Ant
    My hotmail account is the same although every now and again they come in straight away. . .it doesn't happen often though. . .
    12-18-07 10:56 AM
    It probably won't change anything anthony.

yeah thats what i was thinking.... but i would be interested to hear from anyone who does pay for 'plus' and see what sort of times they get..........

thanks

Ant
    12-18-07 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD