I hope this is posted to the correct forum, if not my appologies. Anyhow.

We are using blackberrys via BES for users to access their Emails. They can browse the corporate Intranet, but where Anonymous web access is turned off ( IE Authentication information is required ) , the berry does not prompt you for a password and you simply get an 400 error Athentication.

Im no expert on berrys so I need to undersand what I need to do here. All we want is for our berrys to be able to access Reporting Services reports, but they need authenticated users.

so...

What do I need to do ?
    08-11-09 05:34 AM
    I had the same issue. I found some articles on Google that helped me out with some settings in IIS. We needed this functionality for sharepoint. However< I am not sure the reporting services will run in a browser other then IE. I will see what I can find as far as what I did. SSRS and SharePoint use the same type of authentication so you may do some googling for sharepoint on blackberry.

You may want to schedule a time for the reports to run and be emailed as PDF's to the berry instead of changing some of the security settings which is what you'll have to do.

Good luck!

JB
    08-11-09 06:09 AM
    Thanks for your reply, however it hasnt really told me anything that would help, sorry .

The issue is about authentication, not the settings on the IIS Server which is set NOT to allow anonymouse connections by default on Reporting Services. Therefor I need to understand how to pass the NT Credentials through or have the Berry browser pass them automatically.
    08-11-09 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD