Form factor plays a big Roll

I've almost dropped Windows on My Desktop a few times for Linux, but I did really enjoy my Windows phones since the Audiovox Thera, It is sad that not RIM, nor Android, nor Apple in near 10 years has made as good of pocket office as Windows had in that Audiovox thera

IT will be hard to give up BBM but I really like Microsofts Calendar and Office
    You think MS will make Nokia drop the Nokia e6/BB form factor?
    07-27-11 06:06 PM
    Put a great keyboard on any other platform and RIM is in trouble.

It seems like the only thing they have going for them right now...
    07-27-11 06:57 PM
    these are the beauties you refer too

Dell's Next Android Phones: Flash, Thunder, and Smoke

and yes they are great looking phones imo
    YES!!!!!

Matt, what happened to them? Do you know? Were they dropped? There was a Windows called Lightning.
    07-27-11 07:49 PM
    i honestly dont know. I remember seeing them last year and was really impressed with the specs/screens and such at that time. Now they would be nothing special though. Also since none were going to be CDMA that i remember that was a turn off for me. I just dont think dell was serious enough to carry through

They did come out with a WP7 phone in the Venue though, not sure how similar it was to the original idea they had with the lightning or whatever
    07-27-11 07:53 PM
    Mango is going to be hot, couple that with the new Nokia devices ( to be released end of third quarter) I think you have a match made in heaven.
    I agree. Nokia make very good handsets. MS knows their software.
    07-27-11 07:58 PM
    Streak 2 or opus or whatever never comes out.
    But dell venue pro looks god on review.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 08:06 PM
    Nokia e6 and symbian will stay. Nokia wont quit symbian, at least for dumbphones or semi smart phones. I had e7 for a month, built quality is second to none.

07-27-11 08:09 PM
    I'll tell you why this survey is bs: because I wasn't asked. I'm not waiting for any new devices to be released; I bought one of the ones that's already available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 08:50 PM
    I'd consider MS again.
    07-27-11 09:14 PM
    Nokia e6 and symbian will stay. Nokia wont quit symbian, at least for dumbphones or semi smart phones. I had e7 for a month, built quality is second to none.

I am not sure that wp7 will allow for that form factor (e6, e7). That's why I asked.

I also am not super sure about symbian. Maybe for awhile but you also have to take into consideration that MS probably wants to get onto dumb phones too for wider acceptance.

It's all a numbers game.
    07-27-11 09:14 PM
    Ms wp7 has slab and slider. No candybar as yet cause screen will be too small..similar issue with android.
    E6 will stay as it is, going cheaper, for midmarket.
    If wp7 works.for dell venue pro I can see it working on landscape slider or in e7 form.

07-27-11 09:40 PM
    The E6/bb forrm factor. Would come maybe after Mango, the upcoming one Tango
    Ballmer. Said he hoped for $150-$200 wp7 phones off contract full price
    So I think that would happen
    Wp7 is a good contended if not bcoss of bbbm, I would have gotten one of the mango phones
    And after mango, there's tango would bbe awesome again, then appolo (wp8)
    And oh there's Nokia, and galaxy S2

07-28-11 12:16 AM
    after mango, icecream, apple,gecko.maemo, qnx doesnt sound natural nor organic, nor humane.

Maybe rim should try a nickname instead of qnx..hmm..balance? Already have it. Jackfruit? Passage? Crank? Trend?

Bold,style,tour,torch, monaco,monza,..what next?suzuka? Nurbugring? Flashlight? Elite? Andorra?thick?
    Playbook, workbook, touchbook, playbook 8700?
    07-28-11 12:36 AM
    after mango, icecream, apple,gecko.maemo, qnx doesnt sound natural nor organic, nor humane.

Maybe rim should try a nickname instead of qnx..hmm..balance? Already have it. Jackfruit? Passage? Crank? Trend?

Bold,style,tour,torch, monaco,monza,..what next?suzuka? Nurbugring? Flashlight? Elite? Andorra?thick?
    Playbook, workbook, touchbook, playbook 8700?
    "Elite" has to be trademarked by something, that's just too cool...Blackberry Elite :P
    07-28-11 08:17 AM
    How about Atari Jaguar. Read between the lines.

07-28-11 09:44 AM
    I AM a Windows guy and think that it is the form factor that is keeping me from owning one,

I am sure very soon they will have a good form factor with Nokia and I'll have a W7 phone

And tablet. Playbook only has a short window to get established. RIM better hurry with it.
    07-28-11 09:49 AM
    07-28-11 04:30 PM
    I am a windows person, too even though I use a iMac at home running Win7 Pro. I bought a Windows phone when they first came out and the thing would not even sync with Outlook.

How could Windows make a OS that would not sync with their own software. I am interested in Mango but like deRusett says above, it will be another year or so before the OS and hardware mature.
    07-28-11 05:04 PM
    Windows: Only for managing my blackberry, editing serious video, importing video off MiniDV/VHS camcorder (Kino will fully mature some day).

Soon to be Linux, as there's a LinBerry desktop manager in the works, only in alpha stage right now.

07-28-11 05:10 PM
    I am a windows person, too even though I use a iMac at home running Win7 Pro. I bought a Windows phone when they first came out and the thing would not even sync with Outlook.

How could Windows make a OS that would not sync with their own software. I am interested in Mango but like deRusett says above, it will be another year or so before the OS and hardware mature.
    Windows on an iMac, what a waste.
    07-28-11 09:30 PM
    Sounds like the only way I'd use a Mac!
    The Macbook Air with Windows 7 would be a nice portable tool

07-28-11 09:32 PM
    Seconded. I mean I could see running as a backup for some things but... damn... Windows only?

I thought Mac was better suited for video editing and that whole situation?
    07-28-11 09:32 PM
    Who goes to PriceGrabber.com?
    07-29-11 12:15 AM
    I find it hard to believe that 48% of people surveyed were that stupid.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-29-11 12:41 AM
    Sounds like the only way I'd use a Mac!
    The Macbook Air with Windows 7 would be a nice portable tool

Pretty expensive for a computer that lacks many basic peripherals and ports available even on netbooks.

I'd consider a MacBook Pro, but not an Air. The Air is way overpriced considering it lacks the hardware available on the Pro.
    07-29-11 01:35 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD