And movies aren't show on a square screen and no one makes tvs with a square screen anymore either. The days of the 1:1 aspect ratio are dead and buried. BlackBerry is the only "major" phone maker to still use that aspect ratio. I so love using a phone with a physical keyboard, it just makes typing and doing work just so enjoyable. But I also have a life and like to watch videos and maybe play a game every once in a while to pass the time. Is it so wrong for me to want a qwerty phone that can do both work and play?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, BlackBerry is the only "major" phone maker selling a good Q phone so it is not surprising that the 1: 1 ratio is unique. In defense of this format , it is better to have screen width than length for some tasks like reading text or typing text . The iPhone only has a screen width of 1.94 inches vs the Q20's 2.475 inches. The Q20 will allow for a larger fonts for reading and writing when compared to the iPhone when held in portrait.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-27-14 10:12 AM
    I'm just really glad that Ontario is pushing through. I'll wait for that though the Z30 is really tempting me.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:28 AM
    Truth be told there is no definite proof that Ontario is not on hold right now..

Posted via CB10
    Mr.V786 likes this.
    03-28-14 02:44 PM
    I'm just really glad that Ontario is pushing through. I'll wait for that though the Z30 is really tempting me.

Posted via CB10
    I have my reservations regarding Ontario therefore upgraded to the z30 and it is an amazing phone!

Blackberry's previous track record with not delivering on time helped my decision. I got the z10 on 31st January 2013 and loved the size but it lacked something couldn't quiet put my finger on it, I bit the bullet and I gor the z30 purely for the larger screen and sound quality and haven't regretted it. Z30 is the first handset they should've launched in my opinion.

If Ontario exists and is destined to see the light of day I'll buy that too SIM Free until then grab yourself a Z30

Posted via CB App on my White Z30
    03-28-14 03:33 PM
    Truth be told there is no definite proof that Ontario is not on hold right now..

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking the same which is why I grabbed the Z30!

03-28-14 03:34 PM
    This worries me as well but I am happy with my Z30 for now. So if it doesn't come out till next year I wouldn't be that upset. I'm thinking we will see the Z50 this year but not the Q50 until early next year. The Q20 and Q30 will probably be the other 2 high end devices we see this year.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    03-29-14 07:48 PM
    You know what, I am perfectly ok for BlackBerry to focus on keyboard devices for 18 months. I have a Z30 in hand.

Also even after Z50 comes out, I will wait to make sure the battery life of Z50 is comparable to Z30 before considering it. After having a worry-free device in terms of battery life, I am not sure I can go back to the experience of checking battery levels every a few hours anymore.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-29-14 08:00 PM
    If the Z30 is anything to go by I think if the Z50 comes out the battery will be even bigger.

I'd like to the device at the end of the year but I won't be holding my breath

03-30-14 08:23 AM
    Bring on the next high end qwerty and may it NOT have a 1:1 ratio screen.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    johnnyuk likes this.
    04-01-14 06:48 PM
    This worries me as well but I am happy with my Z30 for now. So if it doesn't come out till next year I wouldn't be that upset. I'm thinking we will see the Z50 this year but not the Q50 until early next year. The Q20 and Q30 will probably be the other 2 high end devices we see this year.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    Definetely not happy about this new direction. I'm okay with the idea of focusing on QWERTY but I don't think they can succeed without one high end touch screen per year. If they don't release a new flagship touch by the end of the year, with impressive specs, I'm going to look elsewhere. Maybe time to consider a Windows Phone.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-02-14 10:57 AM
    They're making the majority of phone qwerty's still going to make all touch

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 11:04 AM
    They're making the majority of phone qwerty's still going to make all touch

Posted via CB10
    They'd better. An all-QWERTY lineup is what happens if the elves (or should I say leprechauns?) under John Chen's house tell him what to do, rather than any sort of sense.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-14 11:20 AM
    I believe a keyboard centric approach moving forward is the wrong move. BlackBerry needs to stay relevant and be innovative if it wants to survive. The vast majority of consumers do not want Qwerty phones anymore. The market has spoken and all touch devices are the way forward. I believe blackberry needs to offer a balanced device offering. The Z lineup is awesome and developing an amazing powerhouse of a phone like a Z50 that people can't ignore, or mock, is the first step to turning BlackBerry around. IMHO

Posted via CB10
    Mr.V786 likes this.
    04-02-14 12:53 PM
    I believe a keyboard centric approach moving forward is the wrong move. BlackBerry needs to stay relevant and be innovative if it wants to survive. The vast majority of consumers do not want Qwerty phones anymore. The market has spoken and all touch devices are the way forward. I believe blackberry needs to offer a balanced device offering. The Z lineup is awesome and developing an amazing powerhouse of a phone like a Z50 that people can't ignore, or mock, is the first step to turning BlackBerry around. IMHO

Posted via CB10
    Agreed 10000000000+

Posted via CB10
    Mr.V786 likes this.
    04-02-14 01:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I second that!

04-02-14 03:13 PM
    Chen already said that they wanted to focus on enterprise first to stop bleeding. And come back to consumer market after they are profitable again.

That's why they cut the cost, advertise nothing, focusing on keyboard only for this year.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    04-05-14 09:30 AM
    Pardon? Area = length * width, doesn't matter if it's rectangular or not, the area will be the same.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm...someone could start a math class here lol.
    04-08-14 08:00 PM
    Heins kinda spent all the bullets on a similar launch on Z10. it almost killed the company after it failed.

The second round of bullets were given by Prem Watsa. another high end Z50 will require a lot of capital that John wouldn't risk to gamble all in one shot. He's taking the shots that has the best chance of hitting the target.

I second that!

04-08-14 08:04 PM
    Heins kinda spent all the bullets on a similar launch on Z10. it almost killed the company after it failed.

The second round of bullets were given by Prem Watsa. another high end Z50 will require a lot of capital that John wouldn't risk to gamble all in one shot. He's taking the shots that has the best chance of hitting the target.
    So coming out with under powered phones that are targeted at small niches is the key to success? It hasn't been so far.

BlackBerry was at its most successful when it was an industry leader, not a follower.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    04-08-14 08:36 PM

BlackBerry was at its most successful when it was an industry leader, not a follower.
    Yep, and that's what they intend to do. Lead in the enterprise, not follow with the standard consumer stream.
    04-09-14 01:00 AM
    Yep, and that's what they intend to do. Lead in the enterprise, not follow with the standard consumer stream.
    They still need industry leading phones to do that. Businessmen don't want a substandard phone. They want something that is full featured.

04-09-14 01:10 AM
    Can't wait for anything new with a Q

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    04-09-14 01:32 AM
    A 5" square device would be great as a slider... very compact but with a large screen. I can see that working very well if it's designed well (i.e. if BlackBerry listens to ME).

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 04:57 PM
    They still need industry leading phones to do that. Businessmen don't want a substandard phone. They want something that is full featured.

No one's said it won't be
    04-09-14 10:08 PM
    No one's said it won't be
    Actually CLCL did:

another high end Z50 will require a lot of capital that John wouldn't risk to gamble all in one shot. He's taking the shots that has the best chance of hitting the target.

04-09-14 10:44 PM
57 123