After all of the Blackberry phones being cut by roughly $100 dollars, the only one that is now listed in the Blackberry Q10 (at the normal price point of $399 of course).

Is this becoming a trend of other carriers too? I was a bit surprised to see them all gone...luckily I got the Q5 before it was discontinued.

Here is the webpage:
    Devices
    04-24-14 03:06 AM
    Guess that Wind sold the BB10 phone they had (apart from the Q10) and they're not ordering new ones because BB10 phones aren't selling.
    johnnyuk likes this.
    04-24-14 03:12 AM
    Ugh....that's really annoying since there are next to no phone that have a QWERTY keyboard now...
    The Q5 is actually a great phone. I like the feel of it slightly better than the Q10. Next phone I get may very well be a candy bar-like phone or a flip phone if Blackberry can't deliver on their next phone (Since I have a dislike for the bigger touch screen phones).

I like how current Blackberry phones have good battery life without the added weight and length added to it unlike most phones now a days...
    04-24-14 03:20 AM
    I don't get why BlackBerry phones are not selling, I see tones of them now, Z10 and Q10, from BC to Ontario, not too many Z30, just mine but even Q5.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:11 PM
    Where are these people buying these phones?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:11 PM
    I noticed this too. This is my carrier. With how long the Z30 has been out, it doesn't seem like they are going to release it

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:26 PM
    I don't get why BlackBerry phones are not selling, I see tones of them now, Z10 and Q10, from BC to Ontario, not too many Z30, just mine but even Q5.

Posted via CB10
    No advertising, negative sentiment by the consumers to the brand, poor treatment of past customers.

A happy customer will tell one or two people they are happy with a brand, an unhappy customer will tell 7 to 10 people they are unhappy with a brand. Basic customer service 101 stuff.

Posted via CB10
    schmeat likes this.
    04-27-14 08:27 AM
    This trend will continue, to the point that only carriers with a large number of corporate accounts will carry devices. And those will be at full price IF they are even available to non business users.

Without a MAJOR Marketing Campaign a few minor devices with incremental OS updates is not going to change the direction of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 10:38 AM
    Z10 is well over a year old now. BlackBerry needs a new model but nothing seems to be coming??

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 10:12 PM
    I don't think bbry has a "healthy" relationship with any carriers here in the States.

I think the end is near. It's going to be seriously fascinating to see exactly what happens. Whatever that may be.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-27-14 10:33 PM
    I'm sure they will have the Z3 in their lineup before you know it.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 11:34 PM
    I'm sure they will have the Z3 in their lineup before you know it.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but I don't see a non LTE device with poor specs being of any interest in North American markets where most people still buy on contract the subsidized devices. Being that if a person wanted a BlackBerry the Z10 it is FREE, what would be the point of a modified Z3LTE device for the same Free price be? Or even off contract a $160 Z3LTE vs a $200 Z10?

I'm sure a few thousand BlackBerry collectors will want one for their collection - but carriers.... maybe those that are big into prepaids???
    04-28-14 08:28 AM
    There are Canadians out there don't know a good thing in their own backyard. Up to the ones that do know to continue the fight to be proud and keep this Canadian company around that invests back into Canada.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 09:09 AM
    Sorry but I don't see a non LTE device with poor specs being of any interest in North American markets where most people still buy on contract the subsidized devices. Being that if a person wanted a BlackBerry the Z10 it is FREE, what would be the point of a modified Z3LTE device for the same Free price be? Or even off contract a $160 Z3LTE vs a $200 Z10?

I'm sure a few thousand BlackBerry collectors will want one for their collection - but carriers.... maybe those that are big into prepaids???
    Aren't the US carriers starting to stop the substituted device contracts?
    And is LTE really big in the US? Here in Germany it's promoted everywhere, but never met anyone wiling to pay the extra cost for that. So no-one actually gets LTE Contracts...

Preisente Preisvergleich -BBworld-> https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=jL9Xxvbj
    04-28-14 09:38 AM
    And is LTE really big in the US? Here in Germany it's promoted everywhere, but never met anyone wiling to pay the extra cost for that. So no-one actually gets LTE Contracts...
    In the US LTE isn't an option to even turn off on my Z10... and there aren't LTE and non-LTE plans (unless you go prepaid).

Yes they are starting to introduce some plans that don't include subsidized fees... but that is not the route the average user takes right now.

So yes a non-LTE device is going to have problems gaining traction as a general device. In the prepaid market, it might have a shot.... but again these guys want devices that attract customers and that people will buy and not return. The whole unofficial app situation is going to be a tough sell anywhere.
    bbq10l likes this.
    04-28-14 09:50 AM
    In the US, homeless people and 6-year-old kids have LTE phones. Most phones sold here for the last 3 years have had LTE, so, yes, it's the norm.
    bbq10l likes this.
    04-28-14 01:04 PM
    In the US, homeless people and 6-year-old kids have LTE phones. Most phones sold here for the last 3 years have had LTE, so, yes, it's the norm.
    Not sure the reasoning is... but my tin foil hat belief is, that with a 4G connection and a 2GB limit... Carrier are getting a lot of upgrades to higher data plans. What is sad, is how many people don't understand Wi-Fi. Went to my brothers house, the whole family has iPhones and there are two iPad - they have high speed internet.... but they do NOT have a Wireless Router. Have to wonder how many other families out there are the same.... I'm mean they have computers, XBox One, PlayStation3 and two teenage kids, who all seem to not understand Wi-Fi.
    04-28-14 01:47 PM
    That's just dumb! I installed a (cheap but high quality) Monoprice WiFi-N access point on the wall about 14 feet up, just about the highest point of the house and almost dead-center. I turned off the crappy WiFi-G AP on the Uverse box I have and run everything off of the Monoprice AP, and I have excellent WiFi coverage anywhere on our property. $50 in materials and a bit of labor - it was a no-brainer for me.

Ceiling Mounted PoE Wireless Access Point 802.11N - 2T2R (300Mbps) - Monoprice.com

Sadly, it looks like they discontinued this excellent product, probably because most people don't know how to use/install them. But Amazon has similar devices for only a little more.
    04-28-14 06:29 PM
    Wondering if I should move to Wind, they have a great promo on now for Unlimited US roaming, but, don't think I would want to give up my Z10 for a Q10.
    04-29-14 08:01 AM
    Also the Q5 for 150 at koodo can be unlocked and works on wind

I have 5 accounts on wind what can I say?

And Z10STL100-3 also works. There are two models. You want the one starting with a RFK12310 or something. There is even a Z30 mod that works -5.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=775253

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-29-14 08:47 AM
    Z10 is well over a year old now. BlackBerry needs a new model but nothing seems to be coming??

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 is like 6 months old! Apple releases a new phone once a year!
    The Z3 is about to be released (Granted only in Indonesia but still), and the "Classic" is rumored to be released in Q4 of 2014. So there's new phones coming, and the last one thas has been released isn't that "old" (Z30)
    04-30-14 01:42 AM

I understand what you're saying, but there's not a lot of 200$ new Z10's off contract (On Kijiji/craiglist? Maybe, but most people don't buy second hand.).

And if someone wants a 5inch phone without having to pay a "premium", then a a 200$ brand new Z3 could sell (not saying that it would, but it could). (There's a lot of people still buying old Iphones without LTE technology, so not everyone is on LTE (and not every city has it anyway).

The Z3 is targeted for people that want a decent smartphone for a cheap price, so a Z3 in NA could sell!
    04-30-14 01:53 AM