I bought a bb bold 9780 off Wind Mobile sometime around Feb/Mar this year. I paid the full price with no one year or 3 year tie in contract because i knew i would be travelling a lot with work and Wind told me they would unlock it for free after 3 months. They are an up and coming network in Canada (Vancouver) so there coverage is poor. That all sounded great so i bought the phone. For the last 2 months I have been onto customer service and technical support a bunch of times. The code thaey gave me to unlock the phone is not working even though the IMEI number I gave them is correct. I only have 4 out of 10 attempts left as they kept telling me there was no way the code was wrong which it clearly is. Now they say it's RIM's fault so they made me phone them. Then RIM say they actually gave Wind the phone unlocked and they subsequently locked it so it's on them. So I spent 2 hours on the phone back and forth with Wind and RIM and neither of them are helping me out. I have to say I was happy with Wind right up until I had to deal with their customer service. My main reason for buying the phone was so if I was out of Vancouver with work I could just temporarily go with another network until I returned. I never would have paid the money for the phone had I known this would have happened.
    I feel like both parties made their profits and couldnt care less about my situation now. It's come to the stage where Wind, once I explain the situation to their customer service people, just put me on hold and disconnect me after a half hour - it's insanely frustrating!! I'm now contemplating complaining them to the Better Business Bureau but I really don't need the hassle I just want to be able to use the phone elsewhere

Can anyone help me??
    10-01-11 08:30 PM
    BBB isn't going to do anything.
    You can try contacting a third party unlocker.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    10-01-11 11:12 PM
    Wind mobile and mobilicity do not run on the same networks that are the norm in canada, and in the US. Unlocking a rogers, bell, ATT, Sprint, Telus, ect is not going to insure your phone is going to work on Wind mobiles, or Mobilicitys net work, for long distance out side call zones, phone will piggy back onto Telus, Roggers, or Bell.

If you bought the Phone from Wind mobile, they are to insure the phone is compatable with thier net work, if not, they should have told you the network Freqanceys ( sorry spelling ) of phones that will work.

Perhaps dump wind mobile ( I heard you can go month to month, and as you pay up front for the phone, no contracts ) and take your phone to Telus, Roggers or Bell, they have the higger end of cell phone bands.
    10-02-11 12:38 AM
    werid, i got my 2 unlock codes for my 9700s with no problem at all from wind. Ask them to repeat the numbers to you again as you probably didnt hear then properly or they misread them to you.

if you need further help you can also post on winds community board. I dont have the link as i am on my playbook.
    10-02-11 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD