View Poll Results: What will you think if the first BB10 phone doesn't look like the leaks?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not surprised. These things happen

63 50.00%
  • Completely surprised. How can RIM change things this close to launch?

18 14.29%
  • Who cares! Just give me the phone already!

67 53.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Just wondering what people would think if the final hardware doesn't look much like the 'on queue' leaks we've seen so far.
    09-04-12 07:21 PM
    Nah, I have common sense.
    bungaboy, battery and simu31 like this.
    09-04-12 07:22 PM
    Nah, I have common sense.
    I'm confused Blaze. But I'll say you think it can change. We do have 5 months. I wonder what the 'hands-on' people think if they weren't under NDA.
    09-04-12 07:28 PM
    what happens if the current L series gets dropped and a different model is released in its place
    09-04-12 07:38 PM
    I'm confused Blaze. But I'll say you think it can change. We do have 5 months. I wonder what the 'hands-on' people think if they weren't under NDA.
    The hardware itself won't change very much if at all, that's pretty much locked in. The software however is an entirely different story.

Plus, there is 4 other devices that people don't even know about yet.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-04-12 07:39 PM
    what happens if the current L series gets dropped and a different model is released in its place
    It won't.

The problem with this is the "what ifs" don't really apply. There is no room for a last minute adjustment like this so playing "what if" is silly. No offense to hurds.

The only semi-possible-but-not-really viable "what if" here is: What if RIM has been playing everyone all along and what they've handed out isn't the real deal and it was all some master honey pot to catch leakers?

And uhh.. well, that's just absurd. lol.

It hasn't changed all that much since January and it's not going to change now. It's as simple as that. Take it or leave it, yo!
    bungaboy, Syrous44, big bb and 2 others like this.
    09-04-12 07:41 PM
    It won't.

The problem with this is the "what ifs" don't really apply. There is no room for a last minute adjustment like this so playing "what if" is silly. No offense to hurds.

The only semi-possible-but-not-really viable "what if" here is: What if RIM has been playing everyone all along and what they've handed out isn't the real deal and it was all some master honey pot to catch leakers?

And uhh.. well, that's just absurd. lol
    hardly at all absurd, its not liek it hasn't been done before, but you also stated that there are 4 others in the works that we don't know about its not really a last minute thing theres still 5 months and hardware can be changed unless manufacturing is already underway. even still 4 other devices this can easily be dropped for one of those 4.

i would probably buy the L series based on the look that i've seen from the deck picture leaked today, but it still doesn't have that BlackBerry flare all berry's have but that beign said we've only seen a frontal shot of a full touchscreen so we can't really get much off of that
    09-04-12 07:47 PM
    hardly at all absurd, its not liek it hasn't been done before, but you also stated that there are 4 others in the works that we don't know about its not really a last minute thing theres still 5 months and hardware can be changed unless manufacturing is already underway. even still 4 other devices this can easily be dropped for one of those 4.

i would probably buy the L series based on the look that i've seen from the deck picture leaked today, but it still doesn't have that BlackBerry flare all berry's have but that beign said we've only seen a frontal shot of a full touchscreen so we can't really get much off of that
    Hey, if that's what you believe.. so be it.
    09-04-12 07:51 PM
    Hey, if that's what you believe.. so be it.
    all i believe is i want a BB10 touch :P i was going to do for the physical QWERTY but the crackberry hands on write up made me want a touch
    09-04-12 07:54 PM
    So no more 'what ifs' in the forums? Boring. Should everyone no longer question whatever the media gives them? Most don't seem to anyways, haha

If this is the final external hardware design I'll likely pass, unless the software completely blows me away.

I'm gonna vote now.
    09-04-12 07:55 PM
    all i believe is i want a BB10 touch :P i was going to do for the physical QWERTY but the crackberry hands on write up made me want a touch
    Your mind might change when Nevada leaks.. just sayin'

(Only a small amount of people have a Nevada in their hands compared to the L-Series, hence the no leaks but you'll see)

Personally, QWERTY for me.
    09-04-12 07:56 PM
    What we have seen so far as leaks (software related) really isn't much at all. A few icons and some tiles are about it.
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 09-04-12 at 07:59 PM.
    09-04-12 07:57 PM
    So no more 'what ifs' in the forums? Should everyone no longer question whatever the media gives them? Most don't seem to anyways, haha

If this is the final external hardware design I'll likely pass, unless the software completely blows me away.

I'm gonna vote now.
    I was never implying to not post it. It's a great discussion. Obviously, caught my attention and I'm like a 5 year old ADD patient. I was just pointing out the reasoning as to why I believe the "what if" scenario doesn't really play here. Much like how GTiLeo disagreed with my view. And I already casted my vote.
    09-04-12 07:59 PM
    I was never implying to not post it. It's a great discussion. Obviously, caught my attention and I'm like a 5 year old ADD patient. I was just pointing out the reasoning as to why I believe the "what if" scenario doesn't really play here. Much like how GTiLeo disagreed with my view. And I already casted my vote.
    i don't really disagree, but there is always the what ifs that like to creep up. at this point i have no reason to disagree with you, if this is the final hardware this is what we get great, how many people will get it is another thing entirely. like i said its not the usual blackberry we have all come to know, but that beign said most people throw skins on their phones anyway so it really doesn't matter much what the outside looks like
    09-04-12 08:05 PM
    Even if they don't change the design, if they just change that cheap looking plastic material into something more premium looking...everyone's first impression of this phone is going to be the look at feel. If it looks cheap, it's going to steer some people away right away.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    09-04-12 08:07 PM
    There must be something to BB10. Even the most critical of RIM have the same consensus after seeing BB10, and that consensus is a collective , "WOW".
    09-04-12 08:12 PM
    My biggest concern is how durable they(BB10s) are. Can they take "accidental" punishment? My wifes's 9810 looks like it's about to morph into another device. Really sad. Once a beautiful BlackBerry Communication device...turned into a hideous things with a bulging side. Only thing missing is duct tape. I got tired of asking WTF happened to it......now. I have know idea how a sober person can have so many drops, step-ons. My eye twitches whenever she ask about getting a new BlackBerry. Ok....I feel better now. Wooosaaaa.....
    09-04-12 08:13 PM

I just want a QWERTY device with an updated OS damnit! lol
    revtech, louzer and jebulls like this.
    09-04-12 08:13 PM
    Click to view quoted image

I just want a QWERTY device with an updated OS damnit! lol
    holy i never realized how big the samsungs were is that a note or a GSIII
    09-04-12 08:18 PM
    The 9900 in Bla1ze's pic looks like a piece of art.....That white icky looking thing in the pic looks Fischer Price
    09-04-12 08:22 PM
    The 9900 in Bla1ze's pic looks like a piece of art.....That white icky looking thing in the pic looks Fischer Price
    honestly i would agree with you but most iPhone owners put covers on them so it hides the look
    09-04-12 08:27 PM
    holy i never realized how big the samsungs were is that a note or a GSIII

Note. For comparison sake..
    09-04-12 08:28 PM
    Even though the phones won't launch until next year, they will start to be manufactured now.
    Any changes will be superficial.

That being said, I think if the leaked phone is the same as the image from January, it will be OK. The latest image doesn't really look that good but it may be the poor quality of the picture.
    09-04-12 08:30 PM
    So from what I gather from all this and Bla1ze's hints is that we're seeing pretty much what this device will look like...except for the fact that the software has a chance of changing quite a bit from any of the leaks. If that's the case, I'm totally fine with that.

Personally, the software is much more important to me than what the phone looks like, especially since the phone looks decent to me and I'm sure its going to have some great horse power under the hood. I hope RIM has some big changes in store for the software. If it can be answered, Bla1ze would u say that RIM most likely hasn't even revealed all the big software features of BB10 to all those who have actually handled the hardware? I just hope they have a big bag full of treats by the time this thing is revealed that will blow everyone away
    Last edited by Rello; 09-04-12 at 08:38 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-04-12 08:34 PM
    Even if they don't change the design, if they just change that cheap looking plastic material into something more premium looking...everyone's first impression of this phone is going to be the look at feel. If it looks cheap, it's going to steer some people away right away.
    That never stopped Samsung .
    09-04-12 08:44 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD