08-11-16 12:59 PM
466 ... 56789 ...
tools
    When money ain't an issue...
    It actually isn't that pricey today. It now costs more or less than the Passport's release price.
    04-05-16 12:03 AM
    Only at the grocery store. . .

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 12:18 AM
    After year of using bb device right now I'm seriously thinking to switch to onother OS. BB OS it's great but the hardware is far way from the competetion
    04-05-16 12:43 AM
    Sadly, I don't think I will be getting a new BlackBerry. Maybe if they release a Passport SE with Android on it? I could see myself using that for a while.

Edit: My BB journey started when I got to play with a Curve 8350i that my mom had bought. I used it more than her, but my very first phone was the Curve 8520>8530>9520>Z10+Q10.
    04-05-16 12:43 AM
    It is unlikely.

I am primarily interested in BB10.
    Then there is the Q10 form factor and physical keyboard.
    On top of that I love the features and built quality of the device.

Current BlackBerry offering doesn't match my needs. Nor does the competition. For the time being it does not matter : I have a fully functional Z30 and a fully functional Q10 plus a spare brand new Q10. I can wait until BB10 is no longer supported before I have to decide on jumping onto another platform. If the Z30 dies early I may replace it with a basic Android handset, depending on the availability of native and Android apps on BB10 by the time.

Je suis Charlie
    04-05-16 12:56 AM
    Blackberry before os 10 was a very competitive handset.
    RIM should upgrade OS 10 to PRIV for saving itself :-).
    04-05-16 03:45 AM
    only strong point for BB is 'physical keyboard', others are behind competitors a lot.
    now BB10 likes Nokia Symbian that finally no software support and no new software release
    I won't buy any BB devices as its OS is not fully secure as previous one.
    04-05-16 03:54 AM
    Not any time soon. If I win a priv it's the only way I'll be back in black right now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-05-16 04:48 AM
    I've been using BB devices for a bit over a year. I've tried the Classic, Passport and I'm currently on the PRIV. The whole experience has been underwhelming. Both the Classic and the Passport had some very annoying bugs. PRIV's build quality, PKB (very poor compared to Classic and PP) and BB's Android suite are definitely not worth the price.

I won't buy another BlackBerry device due to the reasons stated above and because they are clearly not a consumer-friendly company.
    04-05-16 04:51 AM
    after 8 years of being " Loyal" to Blackberry devices, i found the company not really interested to be in the competition levels in the market.
    no clear news, roamers, and indirect posts make us frustrated.
    i'm using iPhone right now, yet keeping the Passport SE on the shelf, dreaming of a day that a serious change may happen to BB10.

PRIV , is a test for something in CEO's mind only.

the result, not buying a BB again..
    04-05-16 05:07 AM
    Which is why I was wondering why they used the same SoC on the classic as the old Q10. I get the issue on the cost of drivers. But they already made the Passport, thus have access to drivers for the 801 SoC.

The same goes for Z10/Z30 sucessor. Instead of launching Leap, they could have launched Z20/Z50 with internals of Passport. There would be no additional cost for the drivers because, again, they already have drivers for the Passport internals (SoC and all). Maybe the only driver they would need is for the display. Without a clear upgrade plan for the Z10/Z30 users they would naturally abandon BB10.
    Absolutely!
    Is see it the same way!

BlackBerry saved money at the wrong place.
    Maybe cost for production would had been higher, but the attention / reviews / "attraction" also been higher.

Same mistakes as they did with legacy devices.

Never understood why they always put in so few RAM and memory in the devices.

Even the 9900 could have had more impact.
    Weak battery, low RAM & memory and a camera without AF. (and this was the most "premium" to get)

This is what made BlackBerry being called "outdated".
    And now same mistakes with the new devices, they had the chance to start from ground up.

Posted via CB10
    guitarrista likes this.
    04-05-16 05:08 AM
    This question is way too generic.

I think most of us would continue buying BBs but there's a point : no matter how good are the BBs if there is no major app builder that have interest in BB own OS, people won't continue.

In my case, I'm a big user of Facebook and Instagram (for both private and pro usage) and if can't have Hub integration anymore, why would I stick to BB ? I've just seen today that Linkedin isn't working anymore ! At the end of the year no more whatsapp support ! I'm glad that some developpers keep giving us great apps (there are tons of) but I feel myself screwed when I have to pay 3$ for a buggy app (Nemory i'm looking at you) that is free anywhere else !

Blackberry IMO made a good move with the Priv (they don't have much choice either) but really 899 $ ?!!!! Come on.... There aren't even the best in Android maker handset out there....! BB made horrible moves for 4 years now. We want a clear and assumed future for Blackberry to follow them as we used to.
    04-05-16 05:16 AM
    My Earlier BB was a Bold 9780 . I simply loved the physical keyboard. Now i am using the Z30 & i seriously miss the keyboard. To make things worse, the app world is a very sad place. It does not even have the basic apps required. The apps from the 'old' BB store too does not work. It does allow 'some' android apps to be loaded but not all of them work. ON top of that installing them is easy but 'uninstalling' is almost impossible. They leave back a lot of junk and redundant files on the OS and storage. I hate it. To rub it all, they have launched a new 'Priv' (with a keyboard) which is pretty costly. AND ANd And .. it runs Android... I HATE Android... WHY on Earth would BB do that... they seem to have gone nuts. The reason people were running away from BB was because of the sad condition of the BB app world. Instead of solving that problem, they are shipping Android- 'the only reason' some of us die-hard BB fans were still sticking to BB. I guess its sad now. & BB would die a sad & slow death now. They lost the Best (read: Golden) chance to turn the BB os into what Windows had done to the Desktop/ Computer OS one day.
    04-05-16 05:36 AM
    I am waiting to see what will happen with BBOS10 and what direction will RIM take with the next device. I want BBOS10. Don't like Android, nor iOS. Windows Phone
    04-05-16 06:19 AM
    I've been a long time Blackberry fan. All the basic things I look for in a phone are covered: good texting, mailing and calling.

So far my BB journey has been: Bold 9000, Bold 9650, Bold 9780, Q10

I would love a Blackberry Passport, but the availability in The Netherlands is non-existant. Unless this changes, to my great regret, I have to change sides in a year or so.
    04-05-16 06:23 AM
    I am like posts #20, 21 and 22 on this. I have the Q5. I also have an iPad, Samsung Tab4 and a laptop. Between all of these I get all I need or want.
    I have been a loyal BlackBerry user since 2006 and will remain so until, like the posts above, I can no longer use it.
    My phone is both my office and personal phone, and does everything I need it to do.
    The keyboard is the key. Also the way OS10 integrates my phone and business data and functionality.
    04-05-16 06:34 AM
    I would consider buying another BlackBerry as long as they continue to develop the OS and hardware.
    04-05-16 07:07 AM
    Not until they assure their commitment to Blackberry Devices and release new phones, may be updated version of clasic or passport.
    04-05-16 08:04 AM
    I've owned every model since the 8703e and the only exception is the Pearl(s). Leap and now the Priv.

I plan to buy the next BB Android ver 2.0
    04-05-16 08:55 AM
    Next phone I'll buy will either be a passport, classic or a priv! I currently have a Z10 and it's still working just fine so I'll be keeping it for as long as possible!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 09:10 AM
    Depends on what phones they release in the future. I'm still holding on to my Z10, and I really like the size of it. I've considered a Z30, but since Z30 no other BlackBerry phone appeals to me. They designed the Z10 around one-handed use which I really like, and now they don't seem to care about it anymore. I guess it's a niche interest. My next phone will probably be an Android phone, Blackberry or not.
    04-05-16 09:11 AM
    Really, depends on new models release in the future. I have a Passport and I like its design. Also, depends on the OS 10 too.
    04-05-16 09:51 AM
    The Passport, in general, is a gorgeous device. I completely agree. If they'd drop the price, I'd be on it quickly. I think that's this has been their mistake. The costs say high-end, but no one is talking about them except the die hard crackberry users. If they're going down the android rabbit hole, they need a curve or pearl to get their devices in more hands when buyers know already they can get a middle of the road motorola cheaper than PRIV. Best case more people buy BB/Android and they get enough money to keep BB10 running (and new devices) like samsung does: Android and Tizen on the side.
    04-05-16 09:58 AM
    I bought the Priv after having a red Passport and it was a difficult transition. BB10 is clearly a better OS for security, messaging and calendaring but sadly lacking in apps, particularly MS Office and banking (camera deposits and tap to pay). It's sad, but I think the writing is on the wall for BB10 for the general public and once you go to the Priv it's not a big leap to go to a Nexus or other android device. My wife and son both had the Z30 and updated a few months ago to the Nexus 6P because of the price of the Priv and the fact that they don't want a physical keyboard... which I suspect is the case for most all touch BB10 users. I would actually be surprised if BlackBerry releases another device but if they do I'd likely buy it but I honestly think the party is over.
    04-05-16 10:03 AM
    I would BUT it is highly probable that I won't.

Like many of us that remain, I have been a champion of BB. The death of BB10 was the last straw. If I am going to buy an Android than I will get the best Android at the time I go to purchase. If that is the newest BB, great. However, there are much better Android phones at much more reasonable prices.

It breaks my heart because an upgrade is coming soon (for my wife and I), but what choice have they left me? I have been down this road before (Nexus 4 and LG G2) and I couldn't stand it. BB10 was silky smooth, efficient and productive - for me. I have been hanging on for a long time, but I think it's time to let go. Maybe, I will buy a Passport to squeek out another year or two....I dunno.
    04-05-16 10:14 AM
466 ... 56789 ...