08-11-16 12:59 PM
466 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Sorry, but a phone with futuristic specs isn't going to do anything without apps. And on these forums, many rebelled not having the toolbar. The thought was old users would migrate over to the Classic who wanted it, but it didn't happen.

Posted via CB10
    To the Classic itself:
    It wasn't really attractive from the beginning. It already had out-dated hardware and tech reviews did the rest to it. That makes you think twice if it's worth spending the money - when you consider to buy a new phone you want a new phone and not "recycled" hardware.

To get attraction from developer you need to create something with a future - something like a mobile computing platform with new apps and ways that developers can contribute something unique.
    Other suspicious would follow if you get track with it.

"Just throwing out a new platform" and expecting everybody to jump on is just too less - also OS10 was far away from being "finished" at the beginning which also made it harder. - But BlackBerry did never offer real visions or direction where to head.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 04:13 PM
    As long as BlackBerry continues to make quality consumer devices, I will buy them. They've always been the best option for me when choosing my next phone. Love the Priv and look forward to its next version.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    David Tyler likes this.
    04-03-16 04:15 PM
    There is no way I would ever consider buying a BlackBerry the way things are now with all BlackBerry hardware being locked down to a company that obviously isn't going to stay in the hardware business for much longer. However, I would instantly buy a Android-powered BlackBerry device if they would make just one small change. Make the bootloader unlockable to where I can support the hardware myself with custom roms and I'd happily spend money on a Priv or another BlackBerry Android device.

I personally do not care about whoever made my phones. My current phone is still the now pretty old OnePlus One. I never once cared or thought about OnePlus going out of business because I have always known that my phone doesn't depend on anyone else for software updates. Ten minutes after unboxing that phone, I removed what it came with and put a custom rom on it anyway. So let OnePlus abandon my phone or go out of business. It wouldn't matter to me at all because I know that I can still keep the phone updated myself for as long as I'm interested in doing so.

That is how it should be done when it comes to hardware in my opinion. Just like when we buy a computer. HP can go out of the PC business completely, but that doesn't effect your computer's operating system or future usefulness.
    OK so you are the 5% who jail break your device. Do you need a pat on the back.
    04-03-16 05:34 PM
    Yes -- I'd buy another BlackBerry 10 (but not an Android ).
    jope28, acovey and vanrickman like this.
    04-03-16 06:21 PM
    I'd say most of us would get an another BlackBerry device if:
    1.) BlackBerry would bring up some decent new hardware.
    2.) Listen to what people in here want/desire.
    3.)OS10 would get support it deserves - it's obvious that BlackBerry is letting it down.
    None of those will happen, unfortunately.

If you watched the video posted in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1068564

You will find that BlackBerry is talking about going mid-lower range market. It's like when BB10 phones didn't sell well, they went z3, Q5, Leap, etc. How much time they lost during those experiments? Yeah I am sure someone in their executive team still remember the success of their Curve line back in days, but that's when BlackBerry was still a reputable brand in other parts of the world. I am disappointed to hear from Chen that they think low end phone sales can have positive impact on high end sales. If that's true that it would be Chinese knock off phone makers, instead of Apple, ripping the most profits from smartphone market now.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Slash82 likes this.
    04-03-16 06:34 PM
    Yes! But only if they make another top tier device

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 06:56 PM
    I would buy another BB10 providing it was going to be properly supported but other than that, no. Been playing around with Sailfish and I'm liking it, Ubuntu is a second option if Jolla doesn't survive.
    04-03-16 06:58 PM
    Of course no doubt I will buy another Blackberry. While I love BB10 , there are not enough of us, and to see BlackBerry survive I definitely will buy the Priv because my Z10 is over 3 years old. I don't understand all of you who want to leave because of no BB10 devices?- Obviously the BB loyalists and outside customers are not buying enough of them; so he made the logical move to Android. I will state this one more time, I love the OS 10 system and hate the fact that it will be gone? but unfortunately the companies survival with hardware has to go through Android. I hope we are not too late, because I love this company.
    sid89 and TCB on Z10 like this.
    04-03-16 06:59 PM
    Of course no doubt I will buy another Blackberry. While I love BB10 , there are not enough of us, and to see BlackBerry survive I definitely will buy the Priv because my Z10 is over 3 years old. I don't understand all of you who want to leave because of no BB10 devices?- Obviously the BB loyalists and outside customers are not buying enough of them; so he made the logical move to Android. I will state this one more time, I love the OS 10 system and hate the fact that it will be gone? but unfortunately the companies survival with hardware has to go through Android. I hope we are not too late, because I love this company.
    That's all well and good but if you don't like the alternative being offered by BlackBerry then what are you supposed to do? I love BB devices, love BB10, but why should I be coerced into using an OS I don't enjoy or find particularly practical? There are other alternatives out there that suit my needs better than Android so why should I stick with BB?
    04-03-16 07:08 PM
    Now with them essentially saying BB10 is no more and android is the future...I'm done.

Sadly had to accept an iPhone but still paying for the BB on contract. For me it's an end of an era. BB will be around but not in its current form.
    04-03-16 07:21 PM
    I gave my passport to my wife and moved to an android device. Uggggg. Looking to buy another passport. My old z30 is my current device. I like the apps on Android but the lack of flow and weird apps that do not work together turned me off.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 07:42 PM
    Sorry for the naive trust and appreciation shown in this post. Years ago I entered the blackberry realm with a Curve 9320, then moved to Bold, and then Q5. Actually, I got a Classic, and it's a fantastic device. OS10 does great job, and I can rely on it. Considering buying a Passport or a Priv this year. Despite all the negative comments and threads, BlackBerry is the only phone company I can put my trust (and ) in, and nothing will change my point of view. Period. I don't care what people can say about Chen -I think he's doing a difficult and great job- and all the noises, towards the Facebook app or whatsapp ending support for bb10, are not upsetting me at all (if you bought a BlackBerry to spend your days on fb I would say hmm well... ). It would be sad though, if they had to stop making hardware, but business evolves and companies have to adapt to their global environment in order to survive. Though, I was stoked to hear Chen say, last week, there will be two more devices to come out in 2016, so I'm confident, enthusiastic and curious. Looking forward to this, and more.

Posted via CB10 with my  Classic. #WeAreBlackBerry.
    04-03-16 07:49 PM
    I'd say most of us would get an another BlackBerry device if:
    1.) BlackBerry would bring up some decent new hardware.
    2.) Listen to what people in here want/desire.
    3.)OS10 would get support it deserves - it's obvious that BlackBerry is letting it down.

I don't wanna say John Chen is a bad CEO.
    He is "software-guy" ONLY and he won't fail if he turns BlackBerry into a software company.
    But thats just "working straight forward".

There are no visions, no passion for handsets and no observing the market what people want - not even what current costumers want.
    People can say about Mike Lazaridis what they want, but man, he had visions and was a pioneer - he only wasn't good at executing.
    Co CEOs: Mike Lazaridis & John Chen might have been the way to success with software & hardware.

My way was: 8700->8300->8900->9900->9790->Z10->Leap&Classic.

But now is the FIRST TIME ever - that I don't know what to look forward: Software (OS10) & Hardware - I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I can turn it around as much as I want - nothing.
    Even during the transition I looked forward to OS10 not knowing if or what will come.

With Android - BlackBerry shot themself in their knees.
    Might have been a nice "side-project" but they killing their own hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Mike was so visionary he told Verizon to abandon 4G.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 10:41 PM
    None of those will happen, unfortunately.

If you watched the video posted in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1068564

You will find that BlackBerry is talking about going mid-lower range market. It's like when BB10 phones didn't sell well, they went z3, Q5, Leap, etc. How much time they lost during those experiments? Yeah I am sure someone in their executive team still remember the success of their Curve line back in days, but that's when BlackBerry was still a reputable brand in other parts of the world. I am disappointed to hear from Chen that they think low end phone sales can have positive impact on high end sales. If that's true that it would be Chinese knock off phone makers, instead of Apple, ripping the most profits from smartphone market now.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    That's the sad truth!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 11:09 PM
    Mike was so visionary he told Verizon to abandon 4G.

Posted via CB10
    But he brought BlackBerry to life and OS10.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 11:10 PM
    Just ordered myself a OnePlus X on Amazon. Moving from BlackBerry after almost 10 years. Would love to comeback if they come up with a phone that is a blockbuster. Come on guys..its just that one phone "sexy, sleek, runs the latest software, excellent camera,fast processor". Look forward to coming back.

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    04-03-16 11:25 PM
    YES if it runs a BBOS and has a PKB.
    04-03-16 11:39 PM
    Yes and I did, yesterday. I got a second Priv because my launch Priv was getting lonely hanging out with seven BlackBerry 10 devices. I couldn't stand to see him sad like that, so I adopted him a sister Priv. Not all Priv devices are male because how would that even work? Haha!
    04-04-16 12:18 AM
    There is no new Blackberry. There is a Blackdroid but Blackberry is dead. All they produce is a half baked device that they wont even put their own OS on. According to Consumer Reports, The absolute best device on the market is the S7 and S7 edge
    Those reports always change lol. Next year the absolute best device will be S8 and S9 the year after and so on. But look at BlackBerry phones.. they're built to last so you don't need to switch devices so often

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and TCB on Z10 like this.
    04-04-16 12:39 AM
    Probably.

As a backup, that is.
    04-04-16 12:54 AM
    I'm here until,the bitter end...if and when that happens...hell I just bought a p9982 in Friday for something to do
    04-04-16 01:46 AM
    To tell you the truth it hurts a lot when facebook and whatsapp bail out on Blackberry. But to tell you the truth as long as Blackbarry OS is running i will buy it. If moving to Android i still don't have the heart.

Still waiting for BB to make a good device. If in the end blackberry are not support the hardware device anymore, then on that time i will buy another device. But i will not buy an Apple device.

Recently just lost my passport and return using my Z30.

my blackberry phone :9000 > 9550 > 9860 > Z10 > Z30 > PASSPORT.

From Indonesia BB Fans
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    04-04-16 03:41 AM
    As long as bb10 is alive no matter what's app or fb exists I will buy BlackBerry phones with pkb!! For rest of my activities there's always android phone which I use with an other number.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    04-04-16 04:10 AM
    I would be very happy with an Android Passport.

Posted via CB10
    asat1 likes this.
    04-04-16 04:33 AM
    I've just bought a Priv, so Yes I would buy (have bought) another BlackBerry product, and that is what I will have for the next 2-3 years. I will take a look at what is available to replace it in 2018-2019 and hopefully something good will be available again, just like when I looked for my last three smartphones.
    daynebca and TCB on Z10 like this.
    04-04-16 05:32 AM
466 ... 23456 ...